: Installing Bolt On Exhaust??

TheCaddyKidd
12-05-06, 10:22 PM
Just wondering.. how hard is it to install a bolt on exhaust system? i have heard it is fairly easy but always swayed away from doing it myself as it is an important part of the vehicle and wouldnt want it falling off or anything but i have heard it is pretty easy to do.. anyone know exactly what is involved.. I have a lift and whatnot so getting under the car is no problem and i have almost every tool but was just nervous with what actually has to be done.. thanks for any input..

hcvone
12-06-06, 07:09 AM
My 03' took about 35 minutes and that included putting it on the lift, cut the old exhaust off, and bolted the new one on.

customizer
12-06-06, 11:38 AM
If you have a lift, it definitely makes life alot easier. Its fairly straightforward. First, you have to cut the tailpipe off the muffler so it can be removed in 2 or 3 pieces. Next is what I would say is the harder part. The exhaust connects to the engine pipes at the front via 2 pipes. There is a flange for one and a slip joint with a clamp around it for the other. The flange usually comes apart easily, but the clamp is aimed up and is usually rusty so it takes some work to get it out. Sometimes I just cut it if the customer isnt concerned with reinstalling it sometime downthe road for dealer service. If you can get all that done your good to go, just pop it off the hangers and put the new exhaust back in place, align it, and tighten it all down. Then ENJOY. What did you end up getting?

TheCaddyKidd
12-06-06, 12:14 PM
nothing yet.. just looking around at different companies.. with the new 07 stuff comning out the aftermarket 02-06 accessories are going down in price so right now im looking at what i can find..