Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Your car is bugged from the factory!

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Dean400hp 
#1 ·
"Surreptitious activation of built-in microphones by the FBI has been done before. A 2003 lawsuit revealed that the FBI was able to surreptitiously turn on the built-in microphones in automotive systems like General Motors' OnStar to snoop on passengers' conversations.
When FBI agents remotely activated the system and were listening in, passengers in the vehicle could not tell that their conversations were being monitored. " :ill:

Link: http://news.com.com/FBI+taps+cell+phone+mic+as+eavesdropping+tool/2100-1029_3-6140191.html

#7 ·
So now they know:

I listen to a lot of Steely Dan.
I cannot sing.
I have a low opinion of most everyone else's driving ability.
I must be ex_Navy 'cause I cus like a Chief at everyone else's driving ability.
Corsa's sound good at full-song.
Exactly, except for the Steely Dan, Corsa and Navy part. Big deal. They can listen away if they want.
Hopefully they won't come and arrest me for watching a Peter Gabriel Concert DVD while driving.

Mark

#8 ·
tin foil is no problem...

here is the procedure...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/onstardisable

Reed
If you're worried about Uncle Sam hearing you this would be the thing to do. It's a simple as that.

Personally when I'm on a cell phone with certain friends I like to pause and say several words like terrorist,bomb,revolution,president,attack,overthrow,sabotage,hijack, etc This should flag my conversation that's being recorded (all wireless transmissions are recorded by project Echelon) so that someone at some point has to listen to it to see what words I've said to trigger the flag. I bet some NSA employees really hate my ass :D

#6 ·
OMG! Were they listening that time I was stuck in traffic and looking at the Playboy I had just purchsed and I was feeling a little frisky and...........oh nevermind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.