: Well, I finally did it......

Dave's '88
12-05-06, 08:24 PM
Yep, I put my baby to bed for the winter!:(
Does anyone else get that lonely feeling inside knowing that you can't drive your Cad for the next 4-5 months?(where's the tissues?)
I put it to bed late last week and it snowed pretty good here yesterday(outside Buffalo,NY) Damn snow/salt!
If there is a upside it's got to be that I appreciate the ride all the more after the long winter.

90Brougham350
12-05-06, 09:54 PM
Lucky! My '90 is my one and only car. Winter is never kind to her, I'll have my work cut out for me next spring. 'Course, I've never driven a car that's more fun in the snow!

Benzilla
12-05-06, 11:12 PM
I guess I'm lucky, I can drive mine 11 months out of the year, it hardly even snows here, but they use enough salt to melt the polar ice cap, and I don't want that anywhere near my chassis.

davesdeville
12-06-06, 03:27 AM
I guess I'm real lucky, I get 1-3 snows a year and drive any of my cars whenever...

JRau
12-06-06, 06:06 AM
I can't put the '91 Brougham completely in hybernation mode, but this seems like a strong possibility for a part of the winter season. Now that my son has a car that isn't used too much during the week, I may have a better chance of using his to go back and forth to work and do around town errands, etc. I chip in for some gasoline, to be fair, and I think he'll be cool with it. Total commuting distance (both going to work and coming home--1.1 miles daily)

April's coming, and every day that passes "snow free" is another day closer to April, when there is USUALLY no snow...

JRau in central Iowa

Timothy60
12-06-06, 10:27 AM
I wish I could put my 93 Fleetwood away for the winter, but I have to drive it 70 miles round trip to work every day. There's no choice. But I've sprayed TC-11 into every nook and cranny of the chassis, applied many coats of wax to the body, and plan to wash the salt off every week. That's about the best I can do. I don't mind the winter season so much, I don't mind the cold; but what I HATE THE MOST IS THE SALT and the deep corrosion it causes to our cars, trucks, and infrastructure. It's a hidden tax. I know salt is effective under some conditions, but I think the D.O.T. uses way, way too much. It's the mindless overapplication that's so annoying!

BCs71
12-06-06, 12:42 PM
My 94 Fleetw is tucked away safely in my garage until the spring when there is a good series of rain storms that wash away any remainder of salt on the road. This is usually March, but you never know in IL. Could be April...

I will miss driving it but in the long run it's what's best. The downtime will give me an opportunity to install new parts, mods, and fix things I've neglected through the year.

Cadillac Giovanni
12-06-06, 06:09 PM
My 89 brougham has lived in new england it's whole life, and it's toughed out 16 new england winters, and it probably will have to tough out a lot more. I don't care what the wear and tear is on the car, i don't think i could stand not driving it for that long. I would go nuts.

Especially when the church parking lot ices over. Cadillac skating. Scares the crap out of the kids, they think some old man has gone nuts and got lost trying ot leave the service on saturday night.

caddydaddy
12-06-06, 08:08 PM
I'll be putting my STS away soon. We've only gotten about 1/4 inch of snow here so far, but I know more is to come! And Z-rated tires suck in the snow! :)
But I still have a nice car to drive in the Winter, so it's not that bad. My '94 Deville has a remote starter and 4 snow tires! That beast is unstoppable with snow tires!

Destroyer
12-07-06, 09:01 PM
I'm in Florida, this is the best time of year here. Its like 75 degrees outside. :thumbsup:

caddy's home
12-08-06, 08:48 AM
Well I got that just brought a new car fever!! An 89" Bro. A month this Saturday. I live in Richmond where we experience all four seasons to the extreme! But I am still cruzing until the big snow! Which I don't mine because I ski. Plus I have a 94'Dodge P/U and a 89' Accord.

However ,I did buy a four layer outdoor car cover. Its hurt to leave it out because its been garage kept all her life. MINT with 94000 on it. I am the second owner.

Any Ideal how long it well take me to get use to her?

Thoughts on out door car cover?

Rick186
12-08-06, 08:20 PM
FLORIDA?
Here in central Connecticut it was 15 degrees this morning . . . but it warmed up to 25 by noon and at 9PM it's staying decently warm at 23.9 on the electronic gizmo weather station.

caddydaddy
12-08-06, 08:38 PM
FLORIDA?
Here in central Connecticut it was 15 degrees this morning . . . but it warmed up to 25 by noon and at 9PM it's staying decently warm at 23.9 on the electronic gizmo weather station.

Ahhh, I miss CT! It's 12 here in Maine, according to my electronic gizmo weather station! :yup:

yobee
12-11-06, 07:57 PM
HAHA guys, im in north texas and just moved from florida, and im FREEZING on these 50 degree days.ha, i feel bad for you guys in those northern states, my 81fwb sees daily action since we dont get too drastic of a winter here.