: Performance Upgrades on a budget???

nekkidnorman
12-05-06, 08:54 PM
Howdy all,

I'm wonder what (if any) performance upgrades you recommend. I have a '03 Escalade. There's air intakes, throttle body spacers, mass air sensor, exhaust, programmers, etc.

Here's the goals/priorities:
1. Maintain ride/sound quality
2. Increase performance
3. Maintain (or preferably increase) gas mileage

So, what would you recommend with a budget of $1000 installed?
What if the budget was $2000?

Keep in mind that installation has to be either amazingly simple or I'll have to pay for installation. I'm not handy but I am lazy!

TheCaddyKidd
12-05-06, 09:03 PM
depends on how much you want to keep the ride quiet.. but if i had that budget my things would be

intake - i have volant.. nice throaty sound but only when you step on it - 20 minute install - runs about 200-300 new - install free(undo bolts)

Corsa Touring Exhaust - i do not have but have heard it increases the sound slightly - bolt on application so probably 3 hours for first time - about 600 on ebay probably can get it less - install will run about 100

Programmer - had it but then sold it, but thinking of getting back but not sure.. when i had it i input the program and i got a message on the dash that said power loss - 2 second install - 250-300 new

throttle body spacers - have heard they are wortheless.. paperweight add on but takes liike 10minutes depending

headers - nice upgrade.. my friend got them on his durango and said he noticed a major power gain - recommend professional install - about 300-400 i believe..

zx6racer
12-07-06, 03:30 PM
I have a used AEM intake for sale

nekkidnorman
12-07-06, 04:39 PM
depends on how much you want to keep the ride quiet.. but if i had that budget my things would be

intake - i have volant.. nice throaty sound but only when you step on it - 20 minute install - runs about 200-300 new - install free(undo bolts)

Corsa Touring Exhaust - i do not have but have heard it increases the sound slightly - bolt on application so probably 3 hours for first time - about 600 on ebay probably can get it less - install will run about 100

Programmer - had it but then sold it, but thinking of getting back but not sure.. when i had it i input the program and i got a message on the dash that said power loss - 2 second install - 250-300 new

throttle body spacers - have heard they are wortheless.. paperweight add on but takes liike 10minutes depending

headers - nice upgrade.. my friend got them on his durango and said he noticed a major power gain - recommend professional install - about 300-400 i believe..

Thanks! When my wife is driving, or my kids are in the truck, I'd like the ride to be quiet. However, when I'm driving alone I wouldn't mind a LITTLE more growl. Maybe there's a way to maintain low noise except for when I stomp on the gas? I know (at least I think I do!) that my wife isn't out drag racing, and I drive like my age when the kids are in the truck. When it's just me I like to use the gas pedal to compensate for other short-comings..... wait.... did I say that out loud???...... IGNORE THAT PART!

I know nothing about "headers" and I'll have to do some research to see what all the pros/cons are.

Appreciate your help!