Cadillac Owners Forum banner

02 Deville Aftermarket Install troubles

2K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
So I got the right parts, the gmos-06 the correct dash kit and so on, hooked it all up and plugged it into a clarion 765 and it powers up but i get no sound, anyone got any ideas on this one? the stereo works, plugged a little test speaker to the audio cables on it and you can hear the cd playing but its not loud, its a real faint sound, but when hooked up to the cars system i get no sound at all.

#4 ·
i doubt it
most aftermarket hus have enough voltage out of the rcas to give a nice power set
what you COULD do is hack off the ends of the rcas or get a set of female ends and plug those into the rcas and give you a set of wires and connect them to your hus speaker wires...
its kinda half assed but it will assess if the problem is a signal volume issue (aka a preamp issue) or after amp issue

#7 ·
nah
the constant is ran b.c our cars have no true constant and without it you need to resave all your presets everytime because the radio will reset after being off for 10 mins....
so long as the unit comes on a constant wont be the issue
this is def an amp issue
check the amp fuse its in the fuse box below the rear seat
if that doesnt help then you MAY have to move on to hackin the harness to try other things
the fact you didnt do the install kinda hurts both of us me b.c idk what was done and you b.c you cant tell me what was done and to be honest it was a simple plug and play procedure you could of very easily done it yourself...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.