: Ran out of gas today!!

cavaselis
12-05-06, 08:20 PM
I always see people walking to their cars with gas cans in there hand and I say to myself what kind of fenoke runs out of gas? Well today I was the fenoke that ran out of gas!!LOL Right at a busy intersection at rush hour as I just passed a 7-11 that sold gas but I didnt want to deal with the wait there.
A first and hopefully last for me as I feel much more stupid than I did yesterday...

I kept ignoring the low fuel range but only for about 20 miles of highway driving before looking down and seeing the thing dead flat on E.Anyways has this happened to anybody here with there V or am I the only dumbass here?

anim8orCTSV
12-05-06, 08:33 PM
You not a dumbass.

Although I ran out of gas just as the light turned green at a busy intersection. It died about 200ft later.

My car showed 1/4 tank left and there was no low fuel light.

So you are lucky you got to empty. At this point I NEVER let it get past 1/2 tank.

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

SilverBullet
12-05-06, 08:49 PM
I have run out TWICE. :bigroll:

RightTurn
12-05-06, 08:54 PM
Ok, what the heck is a "fenoke"???

Robby2006
12-05-06, 09:08 PM
Someone who ignored the "low range" warning and ran out of gas...:D

RightTurn
12-05-06, 09:13 PM
Someone who ignored the "low range" warning and ran out of gas...:D

OK, points for Robby. :thumbsup:

GT04CTS-V
12-05-06, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the "I ran out of gas in my V" club. Lots of members.:thumbsup:

GT

CIWS
12-05-06, 09:45 PM
20,500 miles and have not run out of gas.

Typically it sounds as though if you are lucky when the low fuel comes on you have about 1 gallon of running gas left. So figure your average gas mileage and how far you're going on one running gallon of gas.

The most I have ever ran my tank down took 16 gallons to fill back up. The computer said I had burned 15.5 We have approx 17.5 gallons in the tank.

1QUICKV
12-05-06, 10:03 PM
I ran out of gas this weekend at Captree Park, the Nav information came on and i would think i could get a good 17 miles out of it but not on the roads out to Captree Park! I was having too much fun to fill up =) Great time and "It was my first time to run out of gas." hahahaha

50 4Ever
12-06-06, 01:57 AM

I thought it was a person from Georgia, more specifically from the Oke Fenoke Swamp.

:worship:

I have not run out of gas in the V but about 30 years ago I used to run out of gas all the time, but I had AAA, just called them and they brought me 5 gallons, once I ran out of the 5 gallons before I made it to a gas station. I lived in Texas at the time, maybe that explains it.

:thumbsup:

RightTurn
12-06-06, 08:26 AM
I thought it was a person from Georgia, more specifically from the Oke Fenoke Swamp.

:thumbsup:

Hmmmm, I thought that might be it...but I'm originally from South GA and I've never heard that term. There are some very scarey individuals living around the Okefenokee Swamp though. :eek: :alchi:

Kadonny
12-06-06, 08:30 AM
I always try to fill up when I reach 1/4. I normally go into panic mode if I hit 1/8 tank and look for the nearest gas station.

pinnacle71
12-06-06, 10:22 AM
I ran out in a dangerous section of highway near the Boston airport. A trooper stopped and called a state flatbed to pick me up (free of charge). The trooper and tow truck driver had a nice laugh at my expense. I'm a lot more careful now.

--Greg

P-Funk
12-06-06, 11:26 AM
I always try to fill up when I reach 1/4. I normally go into panic mode if I hit 1/8 tank and look for the nearest gas station.

:yeah:

NIK
12-06-06, 11:51 AM

I guess you're not Italian!

RightTurn
12-06-06, 12:35 PM
I guess you're not Italian!

You are correct sir!! So tell me what it means. :stirpot: