: Looking at 2002 Escalade. Could someone answer a few questions?

Escolade
12-05-06, 06:55 PM
Hi guys.

Finally after lurking around for a few months I've finally found a great deal on an 02 Diamond White Escalade.:excited: Here are my questions.

I know for the 2003+ Escalades you can convert the factory XM to Sirus, can you do this in an 02?

Since the only way to get NAV in the 2002's is aftermarket, are there any that will work with the factory CD changer? I would actually like to use it.

Also, were the factory chrome wheels an option in 02? Major differences between the 02 and 03+ besides HID's?

Any problems with these I should particularly look at. Miles on it are in the 50's.

I'm sorry I've got a lot of questions but if I don't ask now I'll never know.

Thanks! :bigD:
Eddie

Synergetic
12-05-06, 07:38 PM
Change in seats, steering wheel, center console, 2nd row captains, HIDs...

I would just purchase an after market Pioneer head unit, with the optional 12 disc CD changer. The head units also allow you to hook up an iPod. I did this in my 2002 and now have over 8,000 songs in my Escalade.

Surprisingly, the 02 did not have any problems that I ever heard of, and I never had any.

RichieRich
12-05-06, 08:06 PM
I have an 02 EXT, the only problem to date is an 02sensor. They way to hook up the stereo is replace the dash bezel with an 03 or newer, this gives you a double din opening. I used a Pioneer AVIC D-2. You can't hook up anything to the 6 disc changer, it becomes useless... I put a flipout dvd/7.5 inch tv. I don't know about the wheels but get rid of them, you can buy real nice aftermarket packages starting at 1000 for much nicer then stock. I bought my 02 EXT 2 months ago for $23,000 with 51,000 miles on it, 24 inch Giovanna's & it has a factory bumper to bumper from Caddy. The truck is mint. Just to give you an idea of the deal I found.

slk230mb
12-05-06, 08:08 PM
The 2002 didn't have chrome wheels as an option. You can add them for about 400 off of eBay, that's what I did. Also the 2002s didn't have the option for satellite radio so you'd have to go aftermarket. I have a Sirius Starmate Replay hardwired into my radio via an aux input via the CD changer.

Escolade
12-05-06, 08:30 PM
The 2002 didn't have chrome wheels as an option. You can add them for about 400 off of eBay, that's what I did. Also the 2002s didn't have the option for satellite radio so you'd have to go aftermarket. I have a Sirius Starmate Replay hardwired into my radio via an aux input via the CD changer.

Could you go a little bit more into detail about how you did this? Any pictures?

Thanks

slk230mb
12-05-06, 09:33 PM
Could you go a little bit more into detail about how you did this? Any pictures?

Thanks

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum/59250-radio-removal.html

tc3
12-05-06, 11:21 PM
Signals in the side mirrors too. But u can add that too!

Escolade
12-06-06, 12:11 AM
Anyone know the color of the HIDs in the factory 03+ Escalades? I thought the Phillips 4300K kit was a perfect match but would like a verification. ;)

ZX_man
12-06-06, 12:02 PM
yep you are good with 4300K.

Walter

DLE
12-11-06, 06:21 PM
Has anybody with an '02 replaced their dash bezel with the '03-'06 yet? I want to confirm if it fits or not and snaps right on.

I would like to know so I can get the double din opening and get the aftermarket headunit

DLH
12-11-06, 06:43 PM
I have an 02 EXT, the only problem to date is an 02sensor. They way to hook up the stereo is replace the dash bezel with an 03 or newer, this gives you a double din opening. I used a Pioneer AVIC D-2. You can't hook up anything to the 6 disc changer, it becomes useless... I put a flipout dvd/7.5 inch tv. I don't know about the wheels but get rid of them, you can buy real nice aftermarket packages starting at 1000 for much nicer then stock. I bought my 02 EXT 2 months ago for $23,000 with 51,000 miles on it, 24 inch Giovanna's & it has a factory bumper to bumper from Caddy. The truck is mint. Just to give you an idea of the deal I found.

I like that color. Is looks like the quicksilver they are putting on the new Chevy trucks. I considered it for the '07 lade but I felt it did not do the chrome justice. Nice truck.

RichieRich
12-11-06, 08:04 PM
Has anybody with an '02 replaced their dash bezel with the '03-'06 yet? I want to confirm if it fits or not and snaps right on.

I would like to know so I can get the double din opening and get the aftermarket headunit

I'm doing it as we speak... I'll let you know tomorrow how I make out... I'll post some pics when I'm done.

RichieRich
12-11-06, 08:05 PM
I like that color. Is looks like the quicksilver they are putting on the new Chevy trucks. I considered it for the '07 lade but I felt it did not do the chrome justice. Nice truck.

Thanks bro......

DLE
12-12-06, 09:55 AM
I'm doing it as we speak... I'll let you know tomorrow how I make out... I'll post some pics when I'm done.

Did you do it yet??? How did it go??

tc3
12-12-06, 12:52 PM
Yes, Please let us know!?!

RichieRich
12-12-06, 07:28 PM
I'm not done yet but almost. I probably won't get pics posted until Wednesday night. For the bezel to fit you have to trim away about a quarter inch of plastic on the inner dash so you can lower the heating & AC controls. Other than that it fits perfect & looks great!