: Chats at a traffic light..

jnrandall
12-05-06, 03:22 PM
I took the ol' girl out for a run today in the city. Figured I'd swing by Rockefeller Center to check out the Christmans Tree. While waiting for the light change on Third Ave and 42nd St., a black STS-V pulls alongside of me. The driver motions that I roll my window down and begins to tell me that he also owns an 05 Redline CTS-V and he love's it. He also mentions that the CTS-V can run circles around the STS-V. That piece of info was interesting to me. For some reason, I never thought about (or looked up) how the other V's compare to mine -- performance-wise. Then he, (like many others in the past) tells me to enjoy my new ride. I wonder if my 04 w\ 30k miles is just too clean. There's no way for them to know I've only had it for 2 months. :yup:

While on Fifth avenue, a driver of an 06-07 Escalade pulls up to me and tells me his son wants him to buy a CTS-V to take to college. He said it was too expensive and he'll probably get him a Honda. I think I made it worse for his son when I told him that I had to take the bus and train to college and that he should study hard, graduate, get a good job, then think about a V. The SUV owner just laughed and laughed and said I was right.

:D

annie
12-05-06, 08:52 PM
That’s just wrong :helpless: if he mentioned his sons idea to you he was probably giving it some serious thought. You could have just taken his son from Cadillac pimp to honda ricer.:thumbdown:

starfox86
12-05-06, 09:07 PM
awww poor kid!!!! i pay for my own and I go to college! lol..i have to take night classes though. booooo , but i am a cadillac pimp

1QUICKV
12-05-06, 09:10 PM
I'm "CADILLAC PIMPIN" too =) only 19 teen and in College!

CIWS
12-05-06, 09:15 PM
I have yet to see an STS-V out on the street except for the one the Gen. Mgr of the dealership drives.

ctsv400hp
12-05-06, 10:03 PM
im 20 sophmore in college and i got the caddy pimpen going on for sure

Kadonny
12-06-06, 07:33 AM
CTS-V will definatly outhandle the STS-V no question, we all know that already. Now line them up at the drag strip and it's a different story, stock to stock of course. As even as it gets.

Go to the STS-V forum and look at the time ssstealth posted on his bone stock V. Very impressive.

Feffman
12-06-06, 07:34 AM
I've only had the V about three weeks and so far my favorite Stop Light convesation was with a guy in a BMW 5 series asking me if I wanted to
trade. Of course I told him "No thanks, I did my German thing already!"

Feff