: Want to know what a front bumper assembly costs?

Silver Dollar
12-05-06, 03:47 PM
$1,275

Going North on I35 last light and I hit something laying in the road (probably a piece of retread).

It tore off the front air deflector off my bumper and wiped out a lot of the connecting points so it's a complete bumper cover for me!

Good news is nothing mechanical was damaged.

Merry Christmas! :)

RobertCTS
12-05-06, 04:08 PM
HERE'S THE PART NUMBER IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHECK WWW.GMPARTSDIRECT.COM (http://www.GMPARTSDIRECT.COM)

I BOUGHT A SLIGHLY DAMAGED FRONT BUMPER FROM A MEMBER. HOW BADLY DAMAGED IS YOURS?

Silver Dollar
12-05-06, 04:56 PM
The only damage is where the rubber deflector attaches to it. There's slots and holes where the deflector mounts to the bumber. Most of those got broken off when the deflector tore loose.

It's a shame too because if the mounting points were in tact all I'd need is the deflector ($78) and lower radiator cover ($52).

As it is, I have to get the entire bumper cover ($607) and have it painted.

Silver Dollar
12-05-06, 05:01 PM
Holy smokes, it's half price from parts direct!

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 05:05 PM
im new to that GM parts direct--is the really legit!!!
is it for all stock parts? looks WOW

Silver Dollar
12-05-06, 05:23 PM
Holy smokes, it's half price from parts direct!

OK, I see the catch.

My quote was for the list price of $607

If you take the parts direct price of $372 plus S&H $169 plus tax $25 you're only $35 bucks different.

Nice little marketing gimmick there :)

urbanski
12-05-06, 07:12 PM
GMPD has high shipping costs and slow shipping. also you'd need it painted.

My 2 cents is who cares. You ripped off the lower air dam (which I've had off my car for 2 years now) and the rubber strip. Who cares. I'd worry if the bumper cover was screwed, but the underside stuff....is it really worth a grand to fix?

ahahnu
12-05-06, 09:03 PM
is it really worth a grand to fix? Yes it is. I love thecar, but my personal favorite part of the ca is the very front bottom of the bumper. It gets the most of my attention as I watch it when I walk away.

ctsvett
12-06-06, 02:00 AM
here's what I did... (dont ask why)

Find out the price online and then have your body shop manager (hopefully in the dealer) negotiate a lower price on the part from the dealership. I got cost +10 vs cost +35-50. Just tell them that there parts price is too high and you can get it cheaper elsewhere/online. They will negotiate usually, but it depends on the body shop and the parts department....

Reed

RobertCTS
12-06-06, 06:14 AM
I buy all my GM parts from www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com) and I have used them a lot. S&H is high but they are always the cheapest.

Silver $ I bet you can sell your old bumper in the CTS Forum. I bought mine from a V member. Shipped it from Texas to Ohio. UPS gets about $50.

Don't listen to Urby. He hates bumpers anyway. I think he's on his 3rd one!!

atdeneve
12-06-06, 10:14 AM
You should definitely be able to get it all done for under a grand. Figure about 450-500 for the primed front cover and an extra 200 for painting (totally random number I'm pulling outta my ass, for the paint, that is), should end up at around 700, give or take about 50 bones or so.

As for the air deflector, it's supposed to do just that - deflect air. By deflecting air from traveling under the vehicle, it reduces high speed lift and, conversely, increases high speed stability. I'd want it.

From a more aesthetic aspect, it also provides a lower visual clearance. Again, I'd want it.

CopperHead
12-06-06, 10:28 AM
I was just looking at GMPD and wow they really screw you on shipping. I little over $23.50 for shipping on two TPMS and two nuts.

Hey GM Parts Direct...What can Brown do for you? :bigroll:

OldRoadDawg
12-06-06, 10:41 AM
Have you tried, just for comparison pricing, Forum Member/Authorized Vendor:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com
(703) 647-8670

Silver Dollar
12-06-06, 03:01 PM
here's what I did... (dont ask why)

Find out the price online and then have your body shop manager (hopefully in the dealer) negotiate a lower price on the part from the dealership. I got cost +10 vs cost +35-50. Just tell them that there parts price is too high and you can get it cheaper elsewhere/online. They will negotiate usually, but it depends on the body shop and the parts department....

Reed

That's EXACTLY what I did Reed. I did indeed take it to the body shop at the dealership. I'm waiting for them to call me back.

Silver Dollar
12-06-06, 03:06 PM
I was just looking at GMPD and wow they really screw you on shipping. I little over $23.50 for shipping on two TPMS and two nuts.

Hey GM Parts Direct...What can Brown do for you? :bigroll:

Yeah, it's shipping, .....and HANDLING.

Last time I got 'handled' like that was at the protologists office.

Silver Dollar
12-06-06, 03:17 PM
You should definitely be able to get it all done for under a grand. Figure about 450-500 for the primed front cover and an extra 200 for painting (totally random number I'm pulling outta my ass, for the paint, that is), should end up at around 700, give or take about 50 bones or so.

As for the air deflector, it's supposed to do just that - deflect air. By deflecting air from traveling under the vehicle, it reduces high speed lift and, conversely, increases high speed stability. I'd want it.

From a more aesthetic aspect, it also provides a lower visual clearance. Again, I'd want it.

Parts = $877
Labor = $307
Tax = $72
Total = $1,256

of that

Paint and refinishing labor = $277

atdeneve
12-07-06, 08:06 AM
Parts = $877
Labor = $307
Tax = $72
Total = $1,256

of that

Paint and refinishing labor = $277

Yeah, I'd say that's about 400 bills more than you can get the front cover for. Like OldRoadDawg said, talk to Lindsay. Call their parts deparment and speak with Luke. Don't get shafted. Don't know where you're located but, even with shipping across the country it should come well under the ~900 in that quote.

RobertCTS
12-07-06, 08:15 AM
Lindsay Cadillac has some nice pricing but if it's the lowest price your looking for GMPD beats them including S&H. What I like about Lindsay is James and his willingness to get hard to find part numbers. GMPD is not as user friendly.

05CTS
12-07-06, 04:04 PM
GMPD is always going to show the cheapest price. Most of their prices are 30% off retail. The only way they make money is on freight and when they get you, they screw you.

Silver Dollar
12-09-06, 04:29 PM
The dealership ended up taking about $80 bucks off.

Not a big deal but $80 bucks is $80 bucks.

JonCR96Z
12-09-06, 06:01 PM
877-726-8295 - Ask for Jason Cromer in parts. Everybody on the camaro board uses him, even though it is a buick/cadillac dealership. He usually gives about the same price as GMPD, but he uses actual shipping costs.

Lindsay Cadillac should be able to give the same prices and since they're on the board that may the way to go. Just a thought.

Silver Dollar
12-09-06, 09:59 PM
Thank's Jon, but the work is already done and paid for.

ctsvett
12-14-06, 12:27 AM
for ANY part that is shipable, I always buy from lindsay and have not been disappointed AT ALL! James is the man!

a bumper is too big to ship because the cost of shipping makes up for any savings...

Reed

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the price. Exactly what i was looking for today. A bunch of 2"by4"s
were laying across the highway in every lane earlier today and made it really hard to avoid when they were scattered in piles every 1/2 mile.

LUVMY04V
12-18-06, 01:32 PM
$1,275

Going North on I35 last light and I hit something laying in the road (probably a piece of retread).

It tore off the front air deflector off my bumper and wiped out a lot of the connecting points so it's a complete bumper cover for me!

Good news is nothing mechanical was damaged.

Merry Christmas! :)Wanna sell the old one still :o ????

Silver Dollar
12-18-06, 02:52 PM
Sent you a PM. It's yours for free if the dealer still has it.

LUVMY04V
12-18-06, 03:04 PM
Sent you a PM. It's yours for free if the dealer still has it. haha i was way ahead of you :D thanks