: Newbie with question! :)

XLR8R
12-05-06, 02:59 PM
Hiya! Great looking site, I hope to gather lots of usefull hints here. ;)

I own a 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum edition that is in dire need of some good rubber. I don't really want to replace them with the factory OEM tires, but I do have a few criterium that must be met.
One, they need to be 275/55/20 or equal in OD. Two, they absolutely MUST be Good in snow, as I live in Ontario, Canada. Three, they have to be all season, I hate swapping tires around. so what do you folks think? I have been looking around, and see the Hankook Ventus ST RH06 rates well....any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!:xsmile:

XLR8R
12-06-06, 03:02 PM
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :D

caddycruiser
12-06-06, 03:15 PM
Have you looked here:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/SelectTireSize.jsp?autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=Escalade+ESV+AWD&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Platinum+Edition

You can see reviews for OEM's, select a listing of the Best Sellers (usually that's a good indication of which replacements are the best), and also just a full listing of all in that size for that vehicle. That size is now very common, due to being a standard size on a lot of the new GM full-size ute's.

Looks like, at least in best sellers, the only other choice aside from stock would be the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's, which are now OEM on a lot of the new '07 GM SUV's, and have a treadwear rating double that of the GY's you have now. They look to be very highly rated as well, for a good price.

Others, such as the Hankooks you mentioned should be a strong choice--Hankooks almost always are--as well as some Kumho's and Yokohama's. Also, in the slightly higher priced but high quality realm would be something like the Michelin LTX M/S, a tire known for it's long durability and great performance in all elements.

XLR8R
12-06-06, 05:33 PM
thanks! I will go wander. :)

copeysnack2003
12-06-06, 07:41 PM
The Pirelli Scorpion ATR have the best ratings. hcvone mentioned the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo which is also a highly rated tire. I'm thinking of going with the Scorpion which just happens to be on sale right now (marked down to $220/tire from $359/tire).

caddycruiser
12-07-06, 09:12 AM
Anything is likely better than the cheapo Goodyear Eagles they used OEM on those 20's--just now the fun comes in sorting through so many other choices! Not sure what I would choose--just read reviews for a lot of different ones, along with looking at price & treadwear, and think of what fits your uses best.