: Giovanna Black caps

thebee31
12-05-06, 01:52 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone can let me know how to install the black caps on Giovanna wheels. I always heard they were easy to put on. Do you have to remove the center cap on the actual rim? If so, is there an easy way to do so?

ps Thanks for all the other helpful information you all have provided me. I've been a member for a little while now, but I've always been to shy to post. I love this forum!

thebee31
12-08-06, 12:52 PM
Anyone???

birvine
12-08-06, 09:06 PM
I have a set on order. There is 1 bolt on each spoke that holds them in place. The older wheels did not have a removable bolt and you had to drill and tap them but all the new wheels come with an actual bolt that is what holds on the caps.

RichieRich
12-09-06, 10:07 AM
I have Giovanna Lido's on my EXT, what are these black caps?

birvine
12-09-06, 11:01 AM
There is a removable black composite center available for a lot of wheels. If you go to www.wtwcorp.com you will see.

RichieRich
12-09-06, 11:20 AM
They are bad ass.. I like em... I wonder if they can be color matched?

DLH
12-09-06, 11:34 AM
There is a removable black composite center available for a lot of wheels. If you go to www.wtwcorp.com you will see.

This is a great site! Just what I've been looking for. Thanks

birvine
12-09-06, 11:48 AM
They are very easily color matched. Any decent painter should be able to handle it no problem.

thebee31
12-11-06, 01:26 AM
I have a set on order. There is 1 bolt on each spoke that holds them in place. The older wheels did not have a removable bolt and you had to drill and tap them but all the new wheels come with an actual bolt that is what holds on the caps.

Thanks BIRVINE,

Have you received your caps yet? You're right about the bolt on each spoke. But it looks like I'm still going to have to pop out the center of the actual rim (where it says "Giovanna") somehow. The cap has it's own center that will then attach the middle together. It's hard to do with the wheels on, so it looks like I'll have to take the wheel off. Something I was just dreading. :(

BTW what set do you have?

bigticket44138
12-21-06, 01:20 PM
Can you send me the link for those black caps I dont see them on Giovannas site. Also anyone know where I can get a set of 4 new centers for my 02 Escalade. Rims are 24" Giovanna Lido's, some idiot just took em. Need something.

Thanks guys

Kappa-Lac
12-21-06, 03:35 PM
But it looks like I'm still going to have to pop out the center of the actual rim (where it says "Giovanna") somehow. The cap has it's own center that will then attach the middle together. It's hard to do with the wheels on, so it looks like I'll have to take the wheel off. Something I was just dreading. :(

You do not have to take the wheel off.

1.)Take a flat head screwdriver. (Thin enough to fit between the rim and the center cap.)
2.)Insert the screwdriver between the center cap and rim hole near the 12 O'clock position on the center cap.
3. Gently lift the end of the screwdriver while pressing inward with the screwdriver.
4.)pull the screw driver out and the center cap should be disengaged from the wheel.
5.) Remove center cap with the screwdriver.