: Dealer ruined wheels - who do I notify?

scottimartini
12-05-06, 02:41 PM
At my 15k mile service, the dealer sprayed something on the wheels to get rid of the brake dust. Unfortunately this solution, probably brake cleaner, mixed with the brake dust and permanently set into the paint. When they tried to clean one of the wheels, they used an abrasive cleaner that made it look even worse and even took a chunk of paint off. They wanted to repaint my wheels but I decided against that and emailed the Dealer Owner that I wanted new wheels. I've been waiting 3 days and no response yet. I guess I need to elevate this up the ladder to someone that can handle my quest for new wheels. My dealer is Signer Cadillac in Newark, California (the Bay area). Does anyone know who I should start contacting next so I get some action?

MescalVto
12-05-06, 02:44 PM
try Cadillac customer service, easy access through onstar operator

ssmith100
12-05-06, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately your going to get stuck with the dealer on this one. I don't think going to corporate is going to help. I would talk to the dealerships general manager (politely) and explain to him what happened. He will be the one that makes the decision. Most owners of the dealership could really care less about these types of problems as they hear about them all the time. Unless an attorney is involved they (owner) will rarely step in. Just my 2 cents. Oh, my wife is director of operations at a Cady dealership so I hear these stories everyday.

Shane

Holmes815
12-05-06, 03:09 PM
I would still contact Cadillac Corporate, they're great with customers!!!

--JAMES

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 03:23 PM
I too would contact the GM of your dealer
I know its VERY off topic buy my buddy blew the engine in his 04 audi S4 due to the revlimiter not working. The dealer didnt want to do jack since it was such an expensive problem to fix(whoe engine), he got a hold of the owner the dealership..gave him hell and he personally paid for a New Engine...Roomate is now a happy camper. . . . . until he got a DUI 5 days after gettng it back :( lol sucks but funny story for me atleast haha

AznPrydeRegalRyde
12-05-06, 03:47 PM
my buddy blew the engine in his 04 audi S4...Roomate is now a happy camper What school do you go to that has roommates with $50k cars?

nickc50310
12-05-06, 05:07 PM
:duh:
I too would contact the GM of your dealer
I know its VERY off topic buy my buddy blew the engine in his 04 audi S4 due to the revlimiter not working. The dealer didnt want to do jack since it was such an expensive problem to fix(whoe engine), he got a hold of the owner the dealership..gave him hell and he personally paid for a New Engine...Roomate is now a happy camper. . . . . until he got a DUI 5 days after gettng it back :( lol sucks but funny story for me atleast haha

I never post here but this got my attention. This guy sounds REALLY bright! :duh: So first he puts his new car all the way up to the rev limiter? Then he gets an OWI? Is anyone seeing a trend here?

Your buddy is a f***ing idiot and should not be on the road. Good lord Im glad I dont live near him! :alchi: :tard:

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 05:37 PM
It wasn't new, it was an 04 if you read correctly..and yes he would redline his car (this doesnt mean he goes wayy into the redline, but just enough...unfortunatly one of thoose times the revlimiter didnt kick in/work and it over reved....shit happens)
But you may not know what I'm talking about. . . it may be a V thing and not just a regular CTS kinda thing ;)
and for the DUI...this I will admit is stupid of him..but the circumstances were differant than you may think... Nick (s4) was out after our Prom, his GFs best friend needed to go the hospital. Nick(s4 + by far the most sober)with just 1 Beer in him had to follow the ambulance inorder to pick up his gf from the hospital. As the ambulance left, nick was 2 min behind--> got pulled over for tint and loud exhaust told the cop the story and explained how he was just going to the hospital and blah blah blah
the cop didnt care, he saw nick was in his tux and knew it was prom...so the dickhead cop wanted to breathalize nick...nick with only one beer in him (half hour ago) blew a .03
F*CK THE 0 TOLERENCE POLICY for under 21!!!

and... NICkC50310----> Im glad you dont live near US too<----
YOUR COMMENT WAS UNCALLED FOR when not knowing the circumstance!!!

nickc50310
12-05-06, 05:54 PM
It wasn't new, it was an 04 if you read correctly..and yes he would redline his car (this doesnt mean he goes wayy into the redline, but just enough...unfortunatly one of thoose times the revlimiter didnt kick in/work and it over reved....shit happens)
But you may not know what I'm talking about. . . it may be a V thing and not just a regular CTS kinda thing ;)
and for the DUI...this I will admit is stupid of him..but the circumstances were differant than you may think... Nick (s4) was out after our Prom, his GFs best friend needed to go the hospital. Nick(s4 + by far the most sober)with just 1 Beer in him had to follow the ambulance inorder to pick up his gf from the hospital. As the ambulance left, nick was 2 min behind--> got pulled over for tint and loud exhaust told the cop the story and explained how he was just going to the hospital and blah blah blah
the cop didnt care, he saw nick was in his tux and knew it was prom...so the dickhead cop wanted to breathalize nick...nick with only one beer in him (half hour ago) blew a .03
F! THE 0 TOLERENCE POLICY for under 21!!!

and... NICkC50310----> Im glad you dont live near US too<----
YOUR COMMENT WAS UNCALLED FOR when not knowing the circumstance!!!

My car sees the 6500rpm redline regularly. There is a hell of a difference between redline and rev limiter on most cars isnt there? My friend has a civic si and his rev limiter is WAY past redline.

Damn thats messed up! Youre right- that was uncalled for. I didnt even consider zero tolerance.

I just figured that you being a V owner and your friend owning an S4, figured you guys would be a little older and not fall under the zero tolerance.

What business you guys in? Can I get on?

Now, when you say your friend bitched out the dealer do you mean he did or his parents did? Im no car dealer but if some high school kid came in bitching about how he blew his engine because his rev limiter was broken I wouldve laughed his ass right out of there.

Zero tolerance is BS though- I agree and sorry to hear of his OWI.

ChicagoCTS32
12-05-06, 06:12 PM
Zero tolerance is not BS. Your friend was drinking under the legal limit and deserves to have his license taken away and the fines and/or jail time associated with it. Zero tolerance, is ZERO TOLERANCE. Your friend screwed up and should have known better. There are laws for a reason.

Sorry for the off topic...

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 06:18 PM
You may be right about the revlimiter not being right at the redline but regarless of where it was, it was broken lol
and yes we are young for our cars...and Nick himself didnt do raise havoc with the dealer...it was his father DR. B!
Zero tollerence is wack, but it was a good eye opener for all of our friends.. I would NEVER and NEVER have drinkin while driving my V..I appreciate my caddy wayy to much to not be able to drive her for a year.
Although I am 19 and do have a decent vocablualy wtf is OWI?
PS---thanks for the apology and realizing where Im coming from.
Now dont you want to move to South Florida ?! lol

nickc50310
12-05-06, 06:34 PM
Zero tolerance is not BS. Your friend was drinking under the legal limit and deserves to have his license taken away and the fines and/or jail time associated with it. Zero tolerance, is ZERO TOLERANCE. Your friend screwed up and should have known better. There are laws for a reason.

Sorry for the off topic...

Chi you are a wise man. I really do not think .03 is impaired though, for most people.

Ill stop with the topic jack.

OP- the dealer needs to replace your wheels. Call corporate- they are AWESOME!

nickc50310
12-05-06, 06:43 PM
You may be right about the revlimiter not being right at the redline but regarless of where it was, it was broken lol
and yes we are young for our cars...and Nick himself didnt do raise havoc with the dealer...it was his father DR. B!
Zero tollerence is wack, but it was a good eye opener for all of our friends.. I would NEVER and NEVER have drinkin while driving my V..I appreciate my caddy wayy to much to not be able to drive her for a year.
Although I am 19 and do have a decent vocablualy wtf is OWI?
PS---thanks for the apology and realizing where Im coming from.
Now dont you want to move to South Florida ?! lol

OWI=DUI

I just hope you young kids appreciate what your parents do for you. Treat them right and dont bitch and whine to them. (I SOUND OLD, LOL) Dont go out and put other people at risk by driving wrecklessly. You have insanely fast cars- be safe out there. You are not invincible! I used to think I was but not anymore!

I just hope you guys arent spoiled little brats like alot of kids in your position would be. Your parents bought you badass cars because they love you. Dont go breaking their hearts by getting yourself killed. Take the V to the strip and be safe!

As for south florida- HELL NO! That place is hotter than the damn surface of the sun! My dad has a house in Ft Myers. I usually go there in January. Will be there the first week this year. Last year it was 90 degrees and 100% humidity in JANUARY! SCREW THAT! Ill take -20 temparatures for a few months before I suffer through that shit for 10 months! LOL!

My 1000th post! WOOT!

urbanski
12-05-06, 07:51 PM
thanks for working it out dudes :)

ewill3rd
12-05-06, 08:56 PM
I'd take it to the General Manager.
Usually the owner is too busy dealing with all kinds of really crazy stuff, and doesn't get involved in this sort of thing. That is what the General Manager is for.
If you can email the staff, send an email to the Service Manager and CC the General Manager.
If nothing happens, THEN go to the owner and tell him/her that you have already tried addressing your concerns with the SM and the GM.