: STS-V Interior

me_dimitri
12-05-06, 01:45 PM
Hi,

just ordering a new V and agonizing about the final details.

I am leaning towards Black exterior with the Ebony / Red interior.
The pictures I have seen make the red look anything from Burgundy to Cherry Red...

I see V-Beach has this interior, I was wondering if he or anyone else would comment on the combination as far as looks and potential wear and tear / stain coverage issues.

Was also thinking of tinting the windows a shade, I assume I should see what visibility is like first before deciding on that.

Any other gotchas or tips for an about to be owner, (mid Jan before it's on the ground).

Thanks,

Dimitri
New Member of the Caddy Club

Kadonny
12-06-06, 09:10 AM
I have never seen the Tango red/ebony interior in person, but the pics I have seen make it look fantastic. I say go for it.

You are one lucky guy to be getting a new V, enjoy it.

V-Beach
12-06-06, 09:32 PM
Yup, I have the tango red/ebony interior and I love it (now). Actually, color wise I would say it's right between burgundy and cherry, I also have tinted windows which keeps the sun out and probably makes the color look more subdued. When I first got it I thought it was a bit bling, but, now I'm loving it. Everybody, comments about it; some love it, some hate it. People often ask if it was a custom interior job, I lie and say yes. I now think it makes a statement and it sure ain't dull. Durability wise I have two kids ages 10 and 5. Between them and their friends the suede has seen all kinds of carnage and it wipes off clean with damp cloth. The suede holds up fine and is of not concern. Pull the trigger and go for it, you'll be glad. Now if I could get a Corsa I'd be in heaven. Wonder when that new LS7 CTS-V is coming, no threadjack.

me_dimitri
12-07-06, 09:20 AM
Thanks V-Beach....

Just pulled the trigger! Although I will not get the car until about mid January.
Now I just need to line up some decent snows for Jan & Feb.

Hopefully on some generic rims, (for the salt etc.).

All the best,

Dimitri
T.O.

Kadonny
12-07-06, 11:06 AM
Congrats dude! You'll love it.

Vbeach, did you see that Gibson is making an STS-V exhaust?

www.gibsonexhaust.com

I saw it in another thread. I don't know much about Gibson, but it's worth a look into.

V-Beach
12-08-06, 08:58 AM
Good luck Dimitri, you will love it.

Kadonny: I never heard of Gibson, but, that does not mean much...lol
Has anybody here had any experience with Gibson?
I don't think Corsa, Magnaflow or Borla have any ideas of doing an exhaust for the V so this may be the only route. I can't imagine a huge demand for the STS-V exhaust, but, I never thought the CTS-V would get the modders that it has.

First Class Motoring
12-08-06, 12:43 PM
borla makes a full cat-back exhaust for the sts-v and gm performance makes one to.part # for borla is 140178-gm 19157659.borla is about $1400 and gm $1180.i hear borla makes ehxaust systems for gm performance so i'm trying to finde out if these systems are the same and shouled order one soon,i'll post some more info as soon as i get it installed.

Jesda
12-08-06, 06:15 PM
Congrats!!! At least the snow will start clearing when you get it. :)

Kadonny
12-10-06, 04:43 PM
I don't know much about Gibson and I had not heard Borla was doing one.

caddiyesso, that GM part number does not come up on gmperformanceparts.com.

Sorry for the thead hijack.

First Class Motoring
12-10-06, 07:20 PM
i have the 2007 gm performance catalog and it's in here.i called my cadi dealer to check part# and price and was right.try gmpartsdirect.com.i also found out borla makes the exhaust for gm.i orderd the borla and will get it on monday and install it.i'll post sound clips.

V-Beach
12-10-06, 08:04 PM
caddiyesso,
Can't wait to hear the sound clips. Why did you go with the Borla?

First Class Motoring
12-10-06, 08:57 PM
well,i talked to one of my vendors and found out gm perfotmance exhaust is not as agressive as the borla.i think it's because of resonator,borla has x-pipe.shouled find out tomorow.

Kadonny
12-11-06, 10:51 AM
So the GM performance exhaust is an exhaust that is separate from stock STS-V exhaust? I can't believe GM is selling these. Wow, thats pretty cool.

Just looked it up on parts direct and it is there. All it says though is "performance muffler".

Caddiyesso, keep us informed please of what you find.