: Nav in. . .Radio out 05 Escalade

Foxriverkid
12-05-06, 09:26 AM
I bought an OEM touchscreen nav unit with antenna hook up. What problems will I encounter hooking this thing up. I have the lux Bose unit in now w/the Y91 option. Do they have to be reprogrammed (security program) by the dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

yourgmsolutions
12-05-06, 11:27 AM
First You want to make sure that your Nav Radio compatible with Lux amp
Last 4 digits of radio part # should end with 0099 or 0001
I assume you bought used radio, so once you install it in your vehicle, you'll get theft lock message displayed on the screen. in that case, dealer must reprogramm vin # on your radio

Foxriverkid
12-06-06, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the info.

Does the dealer reprograming the vin with the unit want it in or out of the vehicle?

yourgmsolutions
12-06-06, 02:11 AM
in order for dealer to reprogramm vin # radio must be installed first. some dealers for some reason refuse to do that, so basicly you can go to any GM dealer and they can do it. if you live in SoCal area, I can do it for you for no charge.takes a couple minutes to reprogramm vin#

Foxriverkid
12-06-06, 02:44 AM
Thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated. Is this a big deal to install? I have the complete set up including the antenna hookup. The unit is part number 15230099. I'm in Michigan.

Bob

Foxriverkid
12-06-06, 02:48 AM
Does anyone have a PDF file on installing an Escalade (2005) Nav unit?

djmodifyd
12-06-06, 11:24 AM
its very easy to do
the hard part is removing the dash pad to install the gps antenna
it took me proably about an hour total....to take out the old radio, and install the gps antenna

the nav unit is completely plug and play, so its not that difficult

sorry....i don't have links to how to get the dashpad off....but i'm on dial up right now so i'm not going to go searching either.

just do a search on here for dash pad removal