: Crank Pulley/Underdrive Pulley Kits...Who's Done It?

Chef
12-05-06, 01:01 AM
Who's replaced their crank pulley & or put in an underdrive pulley kit and what power in terms of hp and torque did you see?

Thanks,
Chef

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 09:22 AM
Who's replaced their crank pulley & or put in an underdrive pulley kit and what power in terms of hp and torque did you see?

Thanks,
Chef

This may be apples to oranges to you but my buddy did it in his GTO and it is a great difference! No dyno reports because he did many things all at once but with cam, headers, underdrive, CAI, one piece driveshaft and no exhaust w/ stock cats it pulled 413rwhp and the dyno is not high as he proved his HP many times. He did do the underdrive alone at one point and said it spun up much faster. In learning all I have in my extensive research on what mods I will do all at once, here's is what I have come up with.
I will do a cam and possibly with heads (maybe use GM's heads they are offering now from the ZO6) but the little bolt ons are as follows:
1. underdrive pulley
2. light flywheel and clutch
3. 160 thermostat
4. fast stuff or GM's new manifold and 90mm TB they are also offering from the C6 ZO6 (heads and manifold & TB are very inexpensive)
5. Tune it of course.

Long story short, I did it on my SS camaro and loved it. Being that our cars are even heavier, I know we'll love it even more.

Black Sunshine
12-05-06, 11:07 AM
Is there a thread or link on this new intake/head package?

Who's making the under drive pulley? Does it come with an alternator pulley?

Chef
12-05-06, 12:22 PM
:thumbsup:

Who's making the underdrive kits?

BLACK_CTSV
12-05-06, 03:38 PM
You don't want to change the size of your crank pulley with your SC, do you? :hmm:

EDIT: Unless it has it's own pulley - haven't seen a Maggie installed :)

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 04:19 PM
:thumbsup:

Who's making the underdrive kits?

My buddy said his is SLP but I believe mine was ARP and it did not affect the charging one bit with the ARP. His seems fine too but I remember that there were charging problems with the SS back then from SLP and ARP did not have any problems. I am sure they fixed it by now as this is way back in 1999.

DILLIGAF
12-05-06, 05:43 PM
I would go after the rear maggie pully first if you think you need more boost.How much faster can you spin your accessories?Your going to blow that thing up aren't you.Put some spray on it already,might be better for it in the long run.10 lbs kaaaaaaboooooooooommmmmmmmmm!

GT04CTS-V
12-05-06, 07:03 PM
You don't want to change the size of your crank pulley with your SC, do you? :hmm:

EDIT: Unless it has it's own pulley - haven't seen a Maggie installed :)

Right on Bro - wouldn't make sense to slow down Maggie. An underdrive crank pulley would definitely reduce boost.

Whatcha mean you haven't seen a Maggie installed - Don't you own one?

GT

BLACK_CTSV
12-05-06, 07:32 PM
Right on Bro - wouldn't make sense to slow down Maggie. An underdrive crank pulley would definitely reduce boost.

Whatcha mean you haven't seen a Maggie installed - Don't you own one?

GT

Heheh - yep, still waiting on it! The car is somewhere in Idaho now. Should get it tomorrow. :cool2: