: COOL Pic

CTS-V420
12-04-06, 06:53 PM
I know its a GTO and all buy my buddy had a good launch. and it was caught on camera!!
its an 06 w/ intake, magnaflow cat back and dyno tune
373RWHP

ChicagoCTS32
12-05-06, 12:09 AM
nice squat... looks fast!

rand49er
12-05-06, 08:37 AM
... 12.66That's indeed quick if that's his time. :worship:

gothicaleigh
12-05-06, 08:43 AM
Next time he should take the groceries out of the trunk and have his three friends watch from the stands.

:p

Perfect timing on the photo capture. Mid 12's is very impressive too. :)

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 09:01 AM
That's indeed quick if that's his time. :worship:

Of course that's his time! What do you think he's lying? Go and check the GTO 1/4 mile time boards, that's what they run! Why are there so many negative responses on this board from people? Sheeeeeeesh!

HushH
12-05-06, 09:26 AM
I don't think Randy was trying to be negative or assumed he was lying. It is pretty impressive for just intake, exhaust and tune.

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 09:31 AM
I don't think Randy was trying to be negative or assumed he was lying. It is pretty impressive for just intake, exhaust and tune.

Please interpret(sp.)...if that's his time?

I've learned that the key here is DYNO tuned!

The Tony Show
12-05-06, 09:41 AM
I think he chose those words because there was nothing next to the number to indicate that was his ET, just a "12.99" floating around by itself. I doubt he was impuning your honesty.

rand49er
12-05-06, 09:58 AM
Hush and Tony <-- Yeah those.

Geez, I grew up on Pontiacs ... I love 'em ... born there (Pontiac, MI) ... dad was engineer there for 42 years ... I worked on Pontiac assembly line summers during college ... had '64 GTO/tri-power/4-spd in college and others (Pontiacs) after that ... besides, it's too early for :bricks: .

HushH
12-05-06, 09:58 AM
What Tony said.

I admittedly don't know much about the GTOs but that's a heck of a dyno tune as well. I have pretty much the exact same mods on my V and was tuned by a pretty good shop and I'm about 17rwhp less. Again, I'm not calling into question any of his numbers, just (pleasantly) surprised at the results.

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 10:22 AM
I think he chose those words because there was nothing next to the number to indicate that was his ET, just a "12.99" floating around by itself. I doubt he was impuning your honesty.

...and where have you been? Busy selling Caddies? ...and it's not my honesty he was supposedly NOT impuning Tony! LOL! It's 12.66 by the way! I think you have the 9's upside down! Hope all is well over there Tone and I will be calling you today about the heads and manifold that GM is now offering. See if you can research these part numbers for me in the meantime. L92 Heads PN 12582713 and L76 intake PN 12590123 and I do not have a PN for the TB but it may come with it.

HUSHH: The LS2's respond to mods much better than our LS6's and my friends GTO proves that! It has been proven many other times anyway! At any rate, I don't really care, just breakin ballz as usual!

HushH
12-05-06, 10:26 AM
HUSHH: The LS2's respond to mods much better than our LS6's and my friends GTO proves that! It has been proven many other times anyway! At any rate, I don't really care, just breakin ballz as usual!

That's the thing, I've got an 06 so I'm sporting the LS2 as well. At any rate, it's hard to compare since they weren't done on the same dynos at the same time anyway.

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 10:33 AM
That's the thing, I've got an 06 so I'm sporting the LS2 as well. At any rate, it's hard to compare since they weren't done on the same dynos at the same time anyway.

Now that's understandable but one more thing is that we lose more through our drivetrain than they do for reasons that someone else can explain better than I! I actually have a lot of work to do today and you guys are keeping me too entertained here! Go away! LOL!

Black Sunshine
12-05-06, 10:38 AM
Looks like he's done some things with his suspension. It ain't all about horsepower. But, all that more impressive cause it looks like he's using street tires.

LUVMY04V
12-05-06, 10:56 AM
that is totally normal....my cousin has a gto and it squats every time you take off it is made to do that by design that is the way those crazy aussies made it for traction reasons (or so they say) i would be willing to bet nothing has been done to his suspension

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 11:25 AM
well what ever it is... it is fast and he is a GREAT driver. GTO's are nice cars and so are our Vs...that is it
He ran the 12.66 on thoose NITTO555 w/ a 1.90 60 foot..his suspension is bone, but does have lighter 18s than stock.
and yes I am positive that all he has in Volant, Magnaflow (w/ custom X pipe), and a dyno tune --> a good dyno tune, I drove his car b4 and after the tune! man did it make a big difference
Ill race him from a roll this week if you guys want and I can tell you exactly how fast it is to my V.
COOl PIC THOUGH

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 12:31 PM
well what ever it is... it is fast and he is a GREAT driver. GTO's are nice cars and so are our Vs...that is it
He ran the 12.66 on thoose NITTO555 w/ a 1.90 60 foot..his suspension is bone, but does have lighter 18s than stock.
and yes I am positive that all he has in Volant, Magnaflow (w/ custom X pipe), and a dyno tune --> a good dyno tune, I drove his car b4 and after the tune! man did it make a big difference
Ill race him from a roll this week if you guys want and I can tell you exactly how fast it is to my V.
COOl PIC THOUGH

If you keep street racin I'm gonna call the cops on you sir! :burn:
:lolsign:

odla
12-05-06, 12:48 PM
try and get some video

CIWS
12-05-06, 12:53 PM
try and get some video

Preferably during the daytime, most people's video cameras suck at nighttime shots.

csp3000
12-05-06, 02:12 PM
Next time he should take the groceries out of the trunk and have his three friends watch from the stands.

:lol: :lol:

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 03:39 PM
lol ^ is funny by gothicaleigh
and Brian (ctsvflorida----> dont rat me out lol....after all we do owe each other and the board a few more runs after xmas... Im guna give the GF the boot for this race lol
and for the rest of you. . . I called the GTO guy and he is def down to do some runs....
Ill let You picky MOFOs post the speeds and all the variables you want for the race on this thread-->
It will be cought on video and hopefully CTSVFLA will join too please Jarret!
So post the gear and speed you guys want me and the GTO to run

(as of now I have magnaflow exhaust and Volant intake too & the system)
so all the GTO has on me is the dyno tune (and im pretty sure its from Jermey Formatto I THINK (sry bout spelling on the name

stkshkr
12-05-06, 04:54 PM
Do it at the drag strip, very impartial, documented and accurate

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 05:14 PM
drag strip is more driver than car
and I am willing to admit that he is a better driver than myself
Jordan (gto owner) is actually a professional driver (or w/e you call it) he races in GrandAm cup GS series and American GT <--something like that

Koooop
12-06-06, 12:14 AM
I messed with a 6.0 GTO on the 605 last week.

From 60 (or so) the LS6 V walked (ever so slightly) on the GTO to something over 130.

I don't have no stinking tune!

(Good thing we weren't going from a dig, I don't think my V is going to run 12.66) :p