: If You Can Make The Trip To Lindsay Cadillac; Do It!!! James P Is The Best

Holmes815
12-04-06, 02:08 PM
So I drove down to Virginia for the weekend with my girlfriend; I dropped off my car at Lindsay Cadillac at 8am, was given an 07 CTS loaner and about 6 hours later, my clutch TSB that was questioned and basically deferred by two Caddy dealerships in Northern Jersey was fixed (between the two dealers it was about 3 and a half months of bullshittin me before I decided I had enough!!) I also had my UUC shifter installed while the tranny was out and I know this has been said hundreds of times before but if you haven't GET A UUC SHIFTER BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, IT'S LIKE A DIFFERENT CAR!!!! (For those of you with cars under the Clutch Service Bulletin who haven't had it done DO THAT AS WELL!!! Clunk for me is virtually eliminated (not gone but I would say an 85% improvement) and shifting is super smooth!!!!) All in all greatest and best looking dealership I've had the pleasure of going to (that goes for any manufacturer!!!!) HOLLA

--James

ewill3rd
12-04-06, 02:14 PM
Hey Holmes,

Glad we could help you out.
I hope your drive was pleasant, always nice to meet a forum member.
James is on vacation this week so I am not sure if he'll have much time to get to his computer from home. I think he's "power lounging" this week to get some long needed, and well deserved, rest.
I am sure he'll appreciate the kind words.

Glad you like the UUC, I figured it would leave you smiling for a good portion of the way home. Too bad it's all freeway driving so you don't have to shift too much.
:D

Holmes815
12-04-06, 02:45 PM
It's probably better it was all highway because if there were a lot of lights, my MPG would have suffered due to all the "testing" I would have had to do!!! You guys really run a great business at Lindsay!!!

--James

CTS-V420
12-04-06, 02:52 PM
Got my UUC in from Lindsay last week. I cant wait to have it installed...and I think im due for a new clutch...My dealer is putting in my KARS s2, UUC, TPIS clutch & FLYWheel, and HOPEFULLY Ill be as happy as U!

1QUICKV
12-04-06, 05:33 PM
(For those of you with cars under the Clutch Service Bulletin who haven't had it done DO THAT AS WELL!!!
How can i find out if i can get the the clutch service bulletin done on my 2004 cts-v? And what would i tell my dealer the reason for it?

CTS-V420
12-04-06, 05:45 PM
what does that bulletin do? I printed and brought it in with my V today and the advisor said it was somethign like a kit???is it a kit or a new clutch...what exactly is it?
(my gearbox sucks (UUC isnt in yet) and my clutch fluid was 'just' below the min line..i think im due for a clutch but how do i exactly know w/o takeing it apart?---will the buletin fix this?
should i still have the buletin done even if Im gettn a new clutch?

Krug Ford
12-04-06, 05:58 PM
Its great to know there is some other good cadillac dealers out there.

NEW77GUY
12-05-06, 01:19 AM
How can i find out if i can get the the clutch service bulletin done on my 2004 cts-v? And what would i tell my dealer the reason for it?

I haven't heard of such a thing...link? thanks

ewill3rd
12-05-06, 05:50 AM
The reason holmes had so much trouble getting a dealer to do the TSB is because technically, it doesn't apply to 2004.

It's a kit that contains the pressure plate and clutch disc.
The bulletin states that it's for '05 built prior to a certain date. We interpret that as the '04 was built before that date so we put the parts in and just wrote it up as a failed part. Corvette uses the same stuff I think and they have had the same issue for long before CTS was built.

I think you might be able to look at the clutch plate through an inspection hole but it would be hard to know exactly how thick it should be if it's still good, not sure if there is a spec or not.
The only way to really know for sure is pull it out.

svassh
12-05-06, 08:44 AM
Anybody wanna describe the symptoms? Maybe Ewill3rd can tell us how they deemed this met the TSB. The way I read the TSB you are only eligible if you rev over 6K and the clutch pedal doesn't return to the top after shifting. I have an early 05 and I'm certain I'm eligible but other than clutch disengagement sometimes being at the bottom, top or middle of the pedal travel distance I have no way to get my dealer to consider this.

Black Sunshine
12-05-06, 08:59 AM
I am so coming by to say hello to you folks at Lindsay when I head out on my next 4,000 mile business trip up North.
Who should I send all my info to in preparation and to get pricing?

ewill3rd
12-05-06, 09:36 AM
We have the ability to repair something whether the TSB applies or not.
The TSB identifies a condition but it stipulates that the problem was identified for an '05. To us that doesn't mean that the '05 is the only car prone to develop this problem. We did not use the TSB to submit the claim, only to identify that a fault existed.
After all it really shouldn't be a normal condition right?
If it's broken we fix it. Sometimes we get in trouble with GM but it helps if you guys fill out your customer satisfaction surveys "completely satisfied".
It gives us more leverage to help you out in the future. ;)

Any arrangements for a visit, if you want work done or not, handle through James. His member name is Lindsay Cadillac.

ssmith100
12-05-06, 01:42 PM
I have an 04 that was fixed on the TSB. When the first TSB came out about the clutch (staying on the floor at high rpm) it stated for 04-05 V's. Months later it only showed the 05:cookoo: I've still got a copy of it some where.

Shane

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 02:29 PM
this is what I did. I printed this bulletin in the link below...brough it in and simply stated that I had the same problem lol
how can they say no if you have the TSB in hand!!!
car goes in thursday 8am for the cluth TSB, full clutch inspection, and the Rear end
Trying to get everything ready for the LW flywheel,UUC and Kars!!!

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-07-31-001.pdf

svassh
12-05-06, 03:04 PM
this is what I did. I printed this bulletin in the link below...brough it in and simply stated that I had the same problem lol
how can they say no if you have the TSB in hand!!!
car goes in thursday 8am for the cluth TSB, full clutch inspection, and the Rear end
Trying to get everything ready for the LW flywheel,UUC and Kars!!!

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/tsb/data/05-07-31-001.pdf

Ha Ha, mine is in today to get the parking brake adjusted. Bear in mind twice before they told me there was no adjustment that could be done and all the CTS's they have on the lot push all the way to the floor. Not sure I want these morons taking out my transmission. :shhh:

rand49er
12-05-06, 03:23 PM
Its great to know there is some other good cadillac dealers out there.So, Scott, are you guys doing the clutch TSB on early '05's?

NEW77GUY
12-05-06, 03:27 PM
My parking brake goes all the way to the floor too. I have to push it in pretty hard to get it to hold on my hill in my driveway. I never thought to bring up the subject to have it adjusted before. I know i have an early '05 too. Guess i'll have it taken care of when i get my UUC shifter...;)

CTS-V420
12-05-06, 03:57 PM
I just got my UUC and the upgraded bushings in from Lindsay. They were so helpful with my decision to choose UUC over the Katech.
I talked to James or Luke (I think it was Luke in the parts dept) about the 2 shifters. They didn't know much about the Katech, so I gave them my digits ...they actually did the research(on an aftermarket part!!!!) and told me exactly the difference between the two-->thanks Lindsay and I can't wait to have the UUC put in (22 days from today haha )