Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Car just dies. Please help!

746 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  codewize 
#1 ·
A couple of days ago I was driving my 99 SLS and going about 45mph when the car just died on me. After I managed to pull off the road, with no power steering, etc. the car started right back up. Can someone please help me resolve this problem. It is definately not safe to keep driving it like this.

Thank you

#3 ·
CKP.

Ranger, how many times are we going to answer this question? Although it's not 100% of the time caused by the Crank Position Sensors, they are in fact a known problem and that is specifically the known symptom, I would say with 99% accuracy. No?

#4 ·
^^ We will keep answering these questions until either:

A) All members stop having this problem, old and new members

B) People search before posting (I don't search either so I am just as guilty)

C) There is a big sticky at the top of the Northstar page that people actually read.

I like the last one. With a catchy title...people will probably notice it.

#5 ·
MODS: We need an detailed article regarding the symptoms of bad Crank Position Sensors and the link should be a sticky at the top of the Northstar page.

Thank you

IF YOUR CAR SUDDENLY DIES AND STARTS BACK UP...

You might be a ******* LOL I had to do it

#7 ·
No nothing it just seemed to flow when I was saying it to myself. :halo:

^^ What's ******* about that? That is exactly how the stick should be worded, it will get people's attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.