: Vents above NAV system

JOEYCTS-V
12-04-06, 08:51 AM
While attempting to install my Raptor Shift light yesterday, somehow a straight black plastic piece fell out of upper vent housing and I can't figure out where it goes. Now that the piece is missing both vents are very sloppy and loose. Any suggestions? I looked in the FAQ's but didn't see a blow-up of that particular vent assembly. Is there a microfiche on this? Thanks in advance.

kgoch
12-04-06, 09:32 AM
you have to stack all of the grids in the vents, then the plastic piece fits over the back of the grids and connect to the slide piece. It is a bitch.

JOEYCTS-V
12-04-06, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know of any diagrams showing each piece in the assembly to help clarify this some more? I'm gonna go take another look at it now.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know of any diagrams showing each piece in the assembly to help clarify this some more? I'm gonna go take another look at it now.

Joey,
Pop the entire double vents using something like a 1" putty knife. Yes it will pop right off. You can compare the two vents in order to fix the broken side. After you're done put the vents back in place and give it a firm whack with your hand. Then treat yourself to a Budweiser!:)

JOEYCTS-V
12-04-06, 10:46 AM
The problem is both sides are loose/broken. I think the piece that I have ties both of them together somehow.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 12:18 PM
The problem is both sides are loose/broken. I think the piece that I have ties both of them together somehow.

Sh!t man. I popped mine on one side and was able to refrence the other good side. Have you tried to figure it out yourself? You still under warranty?

kgoch
12-04-06, 12:47 PM
The side vents use the same setup. I had the same problem and figured it out, but it is too difficult to explain, and I am not going to take it off again to take a picture. Sorry!!!

JOEYCTS-V
12-04-06, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Somehow I figured it out after taking the entire assembly apart and putting it back together. Thanks again.