: Nose Hair

90Brougham350
12-04-06, 12:27 AM
Do any of you guys have problems with nose hair? Mine grows out and I have to get rid of it. I just grab hold with my fingers and pull quickly, I don't want to pay for a trimmer. Any other remedies out there? Also, any guys with ear hair?

Red_October_7000
12-04-06, 12:54 AM
Well you can do it manually with a scissors or you can sometimes use the flip-up trimmer from your electic shaver (if you use one, I know many people still eschew technology for cold steel) to some extent. Otherwise you should buy the trimmer. There is one that they sell at Rite-aide, Duane-Reade, and that sort of place that's got about 37 functions. It trims the hair from your nose and ears, can shape and your beard and moustache, shave your face, even trim your hair if you have a short hairstyle, unlike me. It costs something like $19.95, which is great considering that a regular nose hair trimmer costs $9.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 06:11 AM
I have an electric nose trimmer but on the cheap a Bic Lighter works too.:rolleyes:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/180px-White_lighter_with_flame.JPG

ewill3rd
12-04-06, 06:36 AM
I have a trimmer.
They aren't that expensive, get an electric one.
The older you get, the worse it gets.
I use tweezers on any offending ear hair, but the trimmer works there too.
Pulling them out is causing needless pain. I do think it's an age thing, I remember my Grandfather had mega-hair in his ears and nose.

davesdeville
12-04-06, 07:36 AM
I have an electric nose trimmer but on the cheap a Bic Lighter works too.:rolleyes:

Oh good god think of the smell... :eek:

JRau
12-04-06, 07:55 AM

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/180px-White_lighter_with_flame.JPG

See? Where else can you go for this type of terrific advice? :histeric:

NICE TIP!!

JRau in central Iowa

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 08:20 AM
The smell of burnt hair and flesh is nasty and intense. The upside is it's permanent. By destoying the entire hair folicle and creating scar tissue the hair will not return. Don't have a Bic lighter? Get creative!!

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/200606081824-pix1.jpg

dp102288
12-04-06, 09:35 AM
^^ But people still want to breathe!

Get the trimmer...cheapo! :p

CIWS
12-04-06, 09:46 AM
Don't have a Bic lighter? Get creative!!

A Dremel tool with a light grade sanding wheel. Works for ear hair too.

Jesda
12-04-06, 10:07 AM
Why would I eliminate the awesomest booger catcher ever? When the hairs do their job, I dont have to dig as far with my finger.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 10:14 AM
Why would I eliminate the awesomest booger catcher ever? When the hairs do their job, I dont have to dig as far with my finger.

Jesda,
Use my Bic lighter as I suggested and you will soon be singing, "Roasted boogers by an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose.":bouncy:

xxpinballxx
12-04-06, 10:17 AM
Why would I eliminate the awesomest booger catcher ever? When the hairs do their job, I dont have to dig as far with my finger.Jesda you are always thinking outside the box!
POints!

ewill3rd
12-04-06, 10:26 AM
Yeah but when you try to get the good ones out they get hung up... then you pull the hairs out whether you want to or not!

You could always try an epilator!
My wife has an extra one laying around somewhere!

90Brougham350
12-04-06, 11:35 AM
Hmm, maybe I should ask for a nose hair trimmer for Christmas. I might just give that Bic lighter method a try, I have a deviated septum and can't breath through my nose, so I probably wouldn't smell it half as bad it really is. What's an epilator?

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 11:41 AM
Hmm, maybe I should ask for a nose hair trimmer for Christmas. I might just give that Bic lighter method a try, I have a deviated septum and can't breath through my nose, so I probably wouldn't smell it half as bad it really is. What's an epilator?

I think epilator is like a electronic tool that electricutes the hair folicle and kills it. A bug zapper will accomplih the same thing.

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/bk25.jpg

CIWS
12-04-06, 11:42 AM
What's an epilator?

A grooming device for yanking the hair off your body :D

http://www.epilady.com/usa.asp

TagApl4
12-04-06, 11:45 AM
If u burn the hairs out your nose I want to see a video hosted on youtube.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 11:59 AM
If u burn the hairs out your nose I want to see a video hosted on youtube.

Tag,
After the Bic and Bug Zapper.

You're right. I removed the pic. :)

TagApl4
12-04-06, 12:04 PM
^ Thats disturbing.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 12:09 PM
^ Thats disturbing.

Yeah I know. A mod may make me take it down. Beyond funny?

90Brougham350
12-04-06, 12:23 PM
Oh God that's horrible!

ewill3rd
12-04-06, 12:38 PM
That picture is too much... I am getting ready to eat my lunch!

Epilators were big about 8 or 10 years ago as a leg hair removal tool.
It's basically a rotating spring on an arc, the spring grabs the hair and yanks it out as it rotates, it's quite painful actually.
My wife only used it a few times.

Google it and you'll see what it is.

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 01:25 PM
I removed my discusting Pic. Seemed amusing at the time.

codewize
12-04-06, 02:46 PM
I feel your pain. I friggin hate nose hairs. I usually pull them also.

I have a trimmer but they don't work all that great, at least I don't think so. I use my little mustache scissors to trim most of them then I pull whatever aggravates me during the day

RobertCTS
12-04-06, 04:09 PM
I feel your pain. I friggin hate nose hairs. I usually pull them also.

I have a trimmer but they don't work all that great, at least I don't think so. I use my little mustache scissors to trim most of them then I pull whatever aggravates me during the day

TAKE A LOOK AT MOST MOTORIST AT STOP LIGHTS. Many of them are either picking their nose or pulling nasal hairs. Check it out. It's true!

dp102288
12-05-06, 10:07 AM
^^ Note to self...keep eyes on road ahead.