: My V was smashed

gergreg
12-03-06, 02:34 PM
Some stupid girl who was too young for a license was driving her boyfriends taurus and smashed into my parked V while I was in church. When I come out there are police there etc. I receive an insincere apology from the girl and condolences from others. The front left was smashed so the wheel can barely turn. The girl was going pretty fast for my car was moved about a half foot sideways and a foot or so backwards. Most of the impact I believe was received by the wheel so Im thinking structural damage. We have the same insurance company: Allstate. Now the question is....can I sue for the resale value lost? I have limited tort. Does anyone have experience with taking people to court over a matter like this?

Jon
12-03-06, 02:43 PM
Sorry to hear man :(

I don't know if you can sue, I'm sure our laws work differently anyways.

Are they fixing it or totalling it?

gergreg
12-03-06, 02:46 PM
Right now I'm not sure...it's Sunday, my Caddie dealer is closed.. I hope to God that it's totaled. I dont' like damaged goods especially when it wasn't my fault

gergreg
12-03-06, 02:46 PM
Hey Jon, what kind of camera is that, that is a beautiful picture.

gergreg
12-03-06, 02:54 PM
I didn't have a camera with me. Ill be going to the dealer after school tomorrow, so I'll take the pictures tomorrow and post them.

heavymetals
12-03-06, 02:59 PM
Some stupid girl who was too young for a license was driving her boyfriends taurus and smashed into my parked V while I was in church. When I come out there are police there etc. I receive an insincere apology from the girl and condolences from others. The front left was smashed so the wheel can barely turn. The girl was going pretty fast for my car was moved about a half foot sideways and a foot or so backwards. Most of the impact I believe was received by the wheel so Im thinking structural damage. We have the same insurance company: Allstate. Now the question is....can I sue for the resale value lost? I have limited tort. Does anyone have experience with taking people to court over a matter like this?

I edited your post as stupidity and color do not go hand in hand.
If you want to claim diminished value, I would claim that you had an offer for the car (insert price here) as you had it for sale, and now the deal is off.
Worth a try.

urbanski
12-03-06, 03:00 PM
thanks heavy

ajedwardsjr
12-03-06, 03:18 PM
Insurance Fraud = 5 Years and $100,000. I'm not so sure that claiming the existence of an offer that did in fact not exist is really "worth it." Wouldn't be to me, anyway.

gergreg
12-03-06, 03:20 PM
I edited your post as stupidity and color do not go hand in hand.
If you want to claim diminished value, I would claim that you had an offer for the car (insert price here) as you had it for sale, and now the deal is off.
Worth a try.

Would you remove the ''cheese'' from the phrase 'terrible cheese cakes' since terrible and cheese do not go hand in hand?

urbanski
12-03-06, 03:25 PM
how about you read our rules
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

and respect the moderators here.

heavymetals
12-03-06, 04:06 PM
Insurance Fraud = 5 Years and $100,000. I'm not so sure that claiming the existence of an offer that did in fact not exist is really "worth it." Wouldn't be to me, anyway.

I have a standing offer from a friend of mine to buy my car if I decide to sell it.

The deal is void however, if the car gets wrecked. :thepan:

heavymetals
12-03-06, 04:12 PM
Would you remove the ''cheese'' from the phrase 'terrible cheese cakes' since terrible and cheese do not go hand in hand?

I am not going to argue with "circular logic". :thepan: