: Oil extractor?

GOTTSPD
12-03-06, 12:21 PM
Hey guys.

Any of you ever used an oil extractor (like the one from Griot's) to facilitate your oil changes? I just tried to use mine and the tube from the extractor won't go down into the oil filler tube and while it goes down into the dipstick hole, it won't go down far enough to suck out the oil.

Any ideas?

nikon
12-03-06, 12:26 PM
I use em on my boat...but on a car??? I didn't think the dipstick tube went down far enough into the pan to work...but if you still want to, the key is just a really good seal on the dipstick tube...but, your gonna be under the car anyways to drop the filter, you might as well just pull the plug while your down there.

GOTTSPD
12-03-06, 12:31 PM
Don't have a drain plug washer, nor an oil basin. The extractor works great on my other car... Doesn't seem to work at all on the V.

Dreamin
12-03-06, 06:24 PM
Yep, the dipstick tube narrows at the bottom and wont let the pump tube thru...

Some options for you: http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36903

nikon
12-04-06, 12:48 PM
well the tube may narrow...but, I've never shoved the tube down the hole...just pushed it over the top of the tube....but, like I say, I still don't think the dipstick tube is down far enough in the pan to suck everything out....maybe you should invest in a drainpan and a washer...other than that, I have no more suggestions.