: BCS debate: Who should face Ohio State?

Elvis
12-03-06, 12:19 AM
I've had enough. They won't play the stupid championship game until January 8th--by then I won't CARE anymore!

I think they should just crown the Buckeyes now and let them stay home. They don't have anything more to prove to me.

davesdeville
12-03-06, 07:09 AM
I never cared to begin with, but since my dad cares I don't want to see OSU-Michigan: reloaded.

frey
12-03-06, 07:29 AM
Go Blue!!

BTW....glad to see USC lose!! They didn't deserve the opportunity to play for a national championship. Some of their dirty defensive play during the second half was shameful. The helmet to helmet hit on Cowen (while running out of bounds) in the 4th quarter was despicable.

OU only beat Michigan by 3 in Columbus. Match them up in Arizona and it's a different ballgame.

Even it Michigan gets screwed by Florida, it'll be nice watching Big Blue pound the appalling Trojans into the ground at the Rose Bowl.

c5 rv
12-03-06, 08:56 AM
If deep inside the BCS software, there are algorithms that calculate the potential TV audience and ad revenue, there's probably a slight edge to Florida. While Michigan is supposedly the strongest national "brand" in college football as measured in merchandise sales, a national championship between two large conferences would probably be more profitable.

If the software really only looks at quality of teams, Michigan would get the nod. USC should go somewhere like the Tijuana Bowl and probably Cal should go to the Rose Bowl.