: Just Hey -

Kev
12-02-06, 10:50 PM
Happy belated Thanksgiving guys. Why so late? I just got back on line today, been disconnected for a few weeks.

It's been a crazy year for me;
1. Closed my business in March
2. Went to work for a small contractor (cheap and over his head), helped him get a problem job straightened out, organized and ahead of the general contractor for the first time on that project, got laid off for my troubles (end of May).
3. Went to work first week of June for the company that I first started with back in 1978, they hired me as a project foreman/detailer, good pay, truck & gas card included (yeah) interesting project.
4. Found another house, put an offer on it, haggled a bit and bought it.
5. Got laid off again the week we were to close (Mike?! You rubbin off on me here buddy?!! jes kiddin!) didn't affect the sale, the next week we celebrated a quiet Thanksgiving at the new house with 16 family members.
6. Spent every day since fixing up the old house to rent out.

Man! I am beat! I've been remodeling the bath rooms, cleaning, fixing and painting like a mad man! Thank God I've had some help. It's a good thing I've been off work because this has turned into a full time job with overtime!

The new house is nice. It's older, built in '67, one owner who passed away back in March. The house has not been updated, the common bath room is pink .... all pink.... pink tub, toilet, sink, walls, even the toilet paper was pink! The house is twice the floor space of the one we moved from. It sits on .81 acres. Amazingly, we haven't bought any more furniture and the house is not bare. I don't know how the 5 of us fit in the old one!

It's a gift from the Lord, we have been blessed.

Any way, just thought some of you might like to know what's happening with me.

JRau
12-02-06, 10:59 PM
Welcome, back. You're fortunate that you can do all that stuff to your home. I'm SO NOT mechanical!!!

JRau in central Iowa

Elvis
12-02-06, 11:17 PM
Always good to hear from you again, Kev. This year has sucked for me too. Things are looking up. Hope they will for you too.

CadillacGurl
12-02-06, 11:21 PM
Welcome back Kev! An all pink bathroom? Creepy... I wish you the best of luck on your new home :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-02-06, 11:25 PM
Welcome back! Glad to hear you're able to finally relax after all that stress!

gdwriter
12-02-06, 11:33 PM
Nice to see you back here, Kev.

Kev
12-02-06, 11:38 PM
Welcome back Kev! An all pink bathroom? Creepy... I wish you the best of luck on your new home :)All pink, it was a 60's thing. The rest of the house would also be called 'Retro' if it wasn't original!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're able to finally relax after all that stress!Relax?! I haven't had time to relax yet but I do see a light way down there in the distance ....... :)

Always good to hear from you again, Kev. This year has sucked for me too. Things are looking up. Hope they will for you too.Thanks Elvis, but this year has been the best year of my life so far! It's all good and getting better!

Welcome, back. You're fortunate that you can do all that stuff to your home. I'm SO NOT mechanical!!!

JRau in central IowaBeing mechanically inclined has been second nature for me all of my life but it has its pros and cons, for instance, my wife thinks I can do anything and expects it! :eek:

Kev
12-02-06, 11:42 PM
Nice to see you back here, Kev.
Thanks GD, I'll be in and out still. I have to run a phone line into my office here. Right now I have a line stretched through my dining room and kitchen to the DSL modem. I don't think my wife will go for that for long. I'll have to do some crawling under the house and hope I can spot a line to tap into. I've got to wait until the rental is finished before I can start on the many projects lining up on the new place.

Wish me luck!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-02-06, 11:43 PM
Luck!

Kev
12-02-06, 11:49 PM
Luck!Thanks! I'm going to need it!

CadillacGurl
12-03-06, 12:18 AM
Good luck Kev! Yeah at my grandma's old house she had a lime green bathroom... wall paper had yellow flowers and in the background were the colors brown and lime green

davesdeville
12-03-06, 06:05 AM
Whats up Kev, good to see you're still around.

dp102288
12-03-06, 08:46 AM
Welcome back...I was wondering where you went.

codewize
12-03-06, 10:07 AM
Welcome back. I think a lot of people have gone through crap this year.

January is right around the corner. Hopefully things will change with the new year.

CIWS
12-03-06, 10:26 AM
Hey ! :vulcan: Welcome back :)

TomDeville
12-03-06, 05:52 PM
Whats up Kev, good to see you're still around.

Agreed.

:cool2:

AlBundy
12-03-06, 06:02 PM
I wondered what happened to you. I'm used to seeing that flamming Kev.

Kev
12-03-06, 11:21 PM
Good luck Kev! Yeah at my grandma's old house she had a lime green bathroom... wall paper had yellow flowers and in the background were the colors brown and lime greenThe window in the Master Bath had strings of beads for a curtain, green, amber, brown, groovy baby! Groovy!

They're in the trash now ...... :rolleyes:

dp102288
12-04-06, 08:24 AM
Since your back...you should put the flames on your sig over the head of your pic. Flaming Kev.

Don't know why I thought of that, but I do feel the need to post it. :D

Boombotz
12-04-06, 11:39 AM
Kev,

You have a great outlook on life. I don't know if I would be able to have a positive outlook on what this year has brought to you and your family. You are a better man then I am. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Your wisdom needs to be past to a few members here on how to look at a glass half full instead of half empty.:thumbsup:

Kev
12-05-06, 12:13 AM
Kev,

You have a great outlook on life. I don't know if I would be able to have a positive outlook on what this year has brought to you and your family. You are a better man then I am. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Your wisdom needs to be past to a few members here on how to look at a glass half full instead of half empty.:thumbsup:We're all here for such a short time, no sense in wasting it crying over spilled milk. Life is an adventure, you never know what may happen next. I can say (regarding the business) that I gave it a good shot. Looking back I can see where things might have been different "if I had more operating capital" "if I had more help" "if this" etc. It won't change what is past but I might be able to help the next guy make a better go of it with my two cents. I know I'm a better employee after being on the other side of the fence.

It's a great perspective to have. The greatest lesson I've learned is that I am not in control but I know who is.

It's all good.