: NAV Systen Must Be Haunted...

50 4Ever
12-02-06, 12:16 AM
I went out for a drive today and brought up the NAV map screen and noticed a few bubbles on the route I was driving on. I thought what numbskull turned on tracking, because I never have it on so I turned it off. Tonight I was going to an away basketball game that my daughter was playing in and went into stored points to calculate a route to the school. All the stored points were gone, the stored trips were gone. Another weird thing is I always have it in split mode and even that was changed. It was like it was a virgin unit.

What could cause this? I used it last week and everything was fine. What is real puzzling is that last summer the dealer disconnected the battery to install a new battery and the stored points and things were still there.

Must be user error. Glad I don't have my black book entry stored in the NAV.

:confused:

austin
12-02-06, 12:23 AM
The only possible thing that i can think of..... Is that perhaps you took your "V" for a ride with Key-1, and the NAV stored what you did under Key-1 driver... Then you took your "V" for a ride later and grabbed your 2nd set of keys... Key-2, having a different set of saved programming. If you look at the back of the Key remote, one will say 1, and the other will say 2. If your the only driver, you need to program your seat controls etc, for both sets evenly. :)

50 4Ever
12-03-06, 11:42 AM
The only possible thing that i can think of..... Is that perhaps you took your "V" for a ride with Key-1, and the NAV stored what you did under Key-1 driver... Then you took your "V" for a ride later and grabbed your 2nd set of keys... Key-2, having a different set of saved programming. If you look at the back of the Key remote, one will say 1, and the other will say 2. If your the only driver, you need to program your seat controls etc, for both sets evenly. :)

Impossible since key-2 is locked away and never used. When I first saw the NAV was "reset" I thought I had hit the driver-2 button so I made sure it was still on driver-1, and it was.

Another thing I thought of was that the DRIVER 1 message used to say something else, now it's back to DRIVER 1.

What even makes this more strange is that the NAV in my daughters CTS was also reset. I know I set "home" in it for both driver-1 and 2, and when I was installing the flash I had it "Go Home". Now everything is gone.

:confused:

BeagleBrains
12-07-06, 12:15 PM
My NAV unit has a mind of it's own. In June, it started independently selecting an alternate language. Unless you have the individual buttons memorized, it is very difficult to get into the Main Menu and return to English.
The Dealer installed an entirely new head unit. Soon after, going on vacation to the West from Iowa, I selected my first destination into Nebraska. Worked just fine. From that destination, we chose Moab, Utah (Definately WEST of Nebraska). The "calculating route" did it's thing. The directions stated to proceed on the designated route, displaying an EAST direction. WRONG.
Many attempts to engage a route (used successfully on earlier trips) resulted in incorrect directions.
Now that we are home, the Head Unit is up to it's entertaining self directed mode, this time in French. Will be heading back to the Dealer, soon.
Did the install from the new 2007 Data Navigation Discs. Working correctly so far, with only local returns to 'HOME'. :bighead:

1QUICKV
12-07-06, 02:42 PM
I always have it in split mode and even that was changed. It was like it was a virgin unit.
We can do this? Split the sceen?

50 4Ever
12-07-06, 04:55 PM
We can do this? Split the sceen?

There are several different options to view the map. From the navigation map press the radio tuning knob to go to the main menu. The first box in the menu boxes should be something like "Turn View", select it. The softkeys on the right of the screen list things like MAP, POPUP, ALWAYS, TBT, TBT LIST.

MAP is just viewing the map, period.

POPUP is viewing the map except when you get close to a turn and the guidance has something to say, then the split screen pop's up. The split screen consists of a turn window on the left, a small version of the map on the right and a bar down the middle which contains a distance indicator that reads the distance to the turn.

ALWAYS leaves the popup window up all the time. This is what I prefer because at a glance I can tell how far it is to the next event and what the event is - a right turn, left turn, go straight, keep left, keep right, etc.

TBT is a Turn By Turn thing in picture format. I have never used this feature.

TBT LIST is a list of the turn by turns in text format. I have never used this one either.

:2thumbs:

1QUICKV
12-07-06, 05:18 PM
I got you, i'll try it next time im in the v, thanks for the info.

Davidstan
12-08-06, 08:44 AM
My wife moved my car in the driveway so she could get out to go to the grocery store and used her no 2 key set. Later i got in my car with my no 1 set and all of the radio and sate presets were deleted. Chalked it up to gremilns. Sometimes i can not get satellite radio at all.

50 4Ever
12-08-06, 12:46 PM
My wife moved my car in the driveway so she could get out to go to the grocery store and used her no 2 key set. Later i got in my car with my no 1 set and all of the radio and sate presets were deleted. Chalked it up to gremilns. Sometimes i can not get satellite radio at all.

Did you have to unlock it with your key fob? That's strange..