: 03 deville indash monitor install?

gutierrezcaddy
12-01-06, 08:25 PM
I Was Wondering If Anyone Knows Why It Is Recommended That You Run Your Own Battery Wire When Installing An Aftermarket Cd/dvd Player? Why Can You Not Use The One That Is On The Harness? I Ask Cuz I Did The Install In My Deville Yesterday Everything Worked Fine, I Used The Metra Gmos-06 Harness And Grounded The Brake Wire Well Today I Turned The Car On And The Radio Did Not Turn On, But It Has Power Running Thru It Because I Push The Monitor Removal Button And The Monitor Slides Out, Then It Says On The Little Display Beneath The Monitor It Just Says "off" The Buttons Light Up Then I Pull The Monitor Out And Once Again No Life In The Radio. I Own A (jvc Kd-av7010) On This Radio The Monitor Comes Out. So I Was Kinda Curios If Not Running My Own Power Wire Has Something To Do With It.

dp102288
12-01-06, 10:07 PM
Made it readable...and i don't know how to help.

Don't worry, someone will chime in soon. And "Title Case" isn't necessary...just sentance case.

"I was wondering if anyone knows why it is recommended that you run your own battery wire when installing an aftermarket cd/dvd player? Why can you not use the one that is on the harness? I ask cuz I did the install in my deville yesterday everything worked fine, I used the metra gmos-06 harness and grounded the brake wire. Well today I turned the car on and the radio did not turn on, but it has power running thru it because I push the monitor removal button and the monitor slides out. Then it says on the little display beneath the monitor it just says "off" the buttons light up then I pull the monitor out and once again no life in the radio. I own a (jvc kd-av7010) on this radio the monitor comes out. So I was kinda curios if not running my own power wire has something to do with it."

gutierrezcaddy
12-01-06, 10:36 PM
Where You At Cadillacetc1997? Could Really Use Your Help! Please Hook It Up Homie.

CadillacSTS42005
12-02-06, 10:06 AM
dude i lost power last night....
go ahead dont run your own power wire and see...
the old radio stores its memory in the computer system itself THERE IS NO TRUE CONSTANT POWER WIRE
hence why this needs to be done...