: Tint Question

nofinga911
12-01-06, 03:12 PM
how come on limo's with limo tints, you can see out of them perfectly but the limo tints i have on my truck..its nearly imposible to see out of them, especially at night??

nofinga911
12-01-06, 07:03 PM
anyone?

TheCaddyKidd
12-01-06, 09:09 PM
i think its because limos have the actual glass tinted.. you know like factory tints...im not positive but i think thats why..

nofinga911
12-02-06, 01:10 AM
hmm i didnt think of that..but it does make sense....could it be possible that maybe my tint film is of bad quality?

TheCaddyKidd
12-02-06, 02:47 AM
i doubt it.. if it was bad quality you wouldnt have visibility problems for being too dark it would just peel off and whatnot... i mean dont get me wrong there are so many different shades and companies so it could just be the brand you used was extremely dark.. it all depends on the manufacturer and the installer.. i got tints on my cts and it was like brownish.. i didnt like it so i had another place do it the same percentage and it was a black and alot darker.. so the manufacturer plays a big role..

nofinga911
12-02-06, 03:35 AM
i doubt it.. if it was bad quality you wouldnt have visibility problems for being too dark it would just peel off and whatnot... i mean dont get me wrong there are so many different shades and companies so it could just be the brand you used was extremely dark.. it all depends on the manufacturer and the installer.. i got tints on my cts and it was like brownish.. i didnt like it so i had another place do it the same percentage and it was a black and alot darker.. so the manufacturer plays a big role..

the guy i used is a different person then i usualy use....everyone i know recommends him so i figured i would let him do them....a couple of days after getting them done the windshield had weirddd streaks in it...he re-did it and now i see double vision when looking at lights during the night....and just today i noticed (well actually heard!!) my tint peeling off of my driver window while i was closing it...he said he'll fix it...but i really regret going to him..any ideas??

TheCaddyKidd
12-02-06, 04:03 AM
not much you can do about it now.. i mean he can fix them one by one when problems arise.. i know the guy i go to guarantees them for life.. anytime anything goes wrong he will fix it.. i have never had a problem at all.. i have had my guy do my 3 cars and also have had probably 4 friends or more go to him.. no one ever had problems.. did you installer take your doors off? the guy i go to removes the interior door panels to make sure the tints is all the way in so it wont peel...

BMBSALES
12-02-06, 09:16 AM
Mine Pushes The Inside Trim/rubber Down, And Then Tints All The Way Down To It. Once It Dries, He Puts Window Allthe Way Down Then Up Which Returns Rubber To Normal Position, And The Tint Is Beneath It, Therefore Never Rubbing Edge Of Tint.

CadillacGrillz
12-02-06, 11:58 AM
probably bad tint i got limo and and a medium on and i see perfect

hcvone
12-04-06, 08:34 AM
I have had aftermarket tint on my last 7 cars/SUV's, and it is harder to see at night, but only slightly harder than looking out the factory deep tinted windows, of course the factory deep tinted windows are easier to see out of during the day than the aftermarket tint because you lose some of the opitical clarity due to the tint film .