: Another Goodyear success story

ta206
12-01-06, 11:05 AM
I have 10,000 miles on my V and the original F-1s are shot. So I did what all my fellow forum members told me to do and I called Goodyear. They gave me a file number and told me to see my local retailer so that he could verify the tread depth. I went to Plantation Tire Center and Tim measured my tread depth and said that he would contact Goodyear and handle things. Later that day Tim called and said that he could put four Eagle RSAs on the car, mounted and balanced for $100 + tax. I jumped at the deal and he ordered the RSAs. I just got home and I wanted to tell all the folks in South Florida that Tim did me right. I was out the door in two hours and my wheels are in the same condition that they were in when I took the car in. Perfect. They used the right machine to dismount and remount my tires and they road force balanced them. And the whole thing cost me only $110.24. The car seems a little quiter and smoother, but the tires don't have as much traction as the F-1's. But that's OK with me. I want to give kudos to Goodyear for stepping up to the plate and taking care of me and special kudos to Tim and Plantation Tire Center for taking special care of my car.

JJKJ
12-01-06, 01:59 PM
Wow, you got a good deal. I had 12,000 mi on mine and I paid $450 for my RSA runflats installed. I'm very happy with them especially for the price; hopefully they'll hold up much better than the F1's.

John

homer403
12-01-06, 03:02 PM
Goodyear just gave me four Brand New F1 EMTS for $78 a piece (much better then $400 a piece). What a deal... thanks to Goodyear to standing behind their product. :thumbsup:

G--
12-02-06, 08:05 AM
Had the same story, except I somehow was able to swap for BFG KDWs (long story) and the Goodyear shop threw in an alignment just for good measure to be sure I was all set for no charge.
Kudos to Goodyear for standing behind their product and supporting their customers so we'll go back...

Black Sunshine
12-02-06, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the deal. I hope they're still doin this when the time comes for me to call.

One question. Why RSA's? From all the reviews I've read, they suck.

CIWS
12-02-06, 09:45 AM
The RSA EMTs are an all season tire and get a much longer tread life than the F1 supercars. They are certainly nowhere as sticky as the F1s, but get them going down a rain soaked highway or in the snow and you'll be glad you had RSAs. I've had mine switched out by GY and they've currently got 16K miles on them and still going strong. One other difference is the F1 is a W rated tire where the RSA is V rated for speed.

ta206
12-02-06, 04:15 PM
One question. Why RSA's? From all the reviews I've read, they suck.

I read mixed reviews about the RSA's. Some like them, some don't. One thing's for sure, they're supposed to outlast the F-1's and I don't want to have to keep puting tires on this car every 10,000 miles. I live in south Florida and our roads are rough on tires. Besides that, we get a lot of rain and I want a tire that's good on wet roads. Goodyear had no problem doing the deal for what I thought was a great price and I wanted to keep EMT's. And I happen to have always had good luck with Goodyear products in the past. So I went with the RSA's. I've only had them one day, but so far so good. If it turns out that they suck, I'll let you know.

dqw1
12-02-06, 05:58 PM
I have the RSA non-EMT. They have much less road noise compared to the F1's but less traction as others have noted. I've put 10,000 miles on my RSA's and they seem to be holding up very well.