: CTS-V profile/blueprint?

gothicaleigh
12-01-06, 09:22 AM
Anyone have a good profile or blueprint of the CTS-V? (like the line drawings car mags like Road&Track use on the specs page of reviews) Vector images preferred, but any clean image will work.

Thanks!

rand49er
12-01-06, 09:37 AM
If you can't find a good profile/blueprint, you might try taking a long telephoto shot of a V ... just a suggestion. :)

SilverBullet
12-01-06, 12:34 PM
try this by David Kimble. He does great work.

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4398

SilverBullet
12-01-06, 12:36 PM
oh. I just saw that you said PROFILE. Sorry. That is what happens when I try to read the forum @ work....

gothicaleigh
12-01-06, 12:41 PM
The cut-away artwork is brilliant, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

What I'm trying to find are design templates for Cadillacs. There are many companies that produce vehicle template collections, but of the ones I have none include very many Cadillacs, if any at all.

Example:
http://www.beacongraphics.com/graphics/pvo/pvo/images/pvo-34.jpg

I have templates for the SRX, Escalade, and CTS (which I will probably modify for use if a V can not be found), but the others don't seem to exist in any professional set.

ctsvett
12-03-06, 12:39 AM
send me an e-mail to remind me and I can dig that up for you.

Reed

RunningOnEMT
01-19-07, 11:01 AM
any luck with that reed?

i'd be interested in similar artwork

anim8orCTSV
01-19-07, 03:11 PM
I have a 3dmodel of a CTS-V that I could render in a side view.

I could render it to an AI file that I can convert to a DWG or whatever you need. What is your timeframe?

-Paul

RunningOnEMT
01-19-07, 03:12 PM
me personally ... no timeframe at all ... i was going to have it printed and matte framed for my room... but thats about it ... i think aleigh needed it for a product

ctsvett
01-21-07, 01:15 AM
animator,
could you give me a high res side view.. I would love ot hvae this to customize for folks... Better yet, if you want to send me the 3d file, but I understand thats your hard work if you dont want to send that...

I was thinking of a "donate to the FAQ and get a large format print of your car for your wall"... anyone think thats cool?

Reed

G--
01-21-07, 08:50 AM
animator,
could you give me a high res side view.. I would love ot hvae this to customize for folks... Better yet, if you want to send me the 3d file, but I understand thats your hard work if you dont want to send that...

I was thinking of a "donate to the FAQ and get a large format print of your car for your wall"... anyone think thats cool?

Reed

:yeah:

anim8orCTSV
01-21-07, 11:49 AM
No problem.

My only hold up is I upgraded all my machines to Vista Ultimate 64bit and I am having a couple software issues. It officially comes out on the 30th so some of the hardware and software vendors are taking time getting thier updates out.

As soon as I get it up and running I will post it here.

What size should I make it? Is there a file format preference?

Also, the model I have is for a 2005 it would only take a few tweaks to make it a 2006/7

If I have time I might turn it into a 2008 (or maybe a 2009 V).

-Paul
anim8orCTSV

RunningOnEMT
01-21-07, 12:43 PM
i know when reed gets it ... if he's going to do the high res poster thing i'm going to want something like 20x30 at least...

DILLIGAF
01-21-07, 01:00 PM
I see a V hoodie in my future!

RunningOnEMT
01-21-07, 01:03 PM
i was going to order a V logo hoodie yesterday and then i saw gothicaleigh post in here, and i was thinking hmmmm... i should wait!

DILLIGAF
01-21-07, 01:49 PM
She does a good job with that stuff,I hope thats what she's up to!

ctsvett
01-25-07, 12:42 AM
250-300 dpi at 20x 30... or bigger (I can to 44 inches wide)...

File format preference would be TIF (big file!) or PDF (lowest compression)

Awesome!

Reed

anim8orCTSV
01-25-07, 03:37 AM
I'll get on it this week.

-Paul
anim8orCTSV