: Are you a Halo fan who owns an Xbox 360? Must read!!!

Blackout
12-01-06, 10:17 AM
Check it out!

http://www.younewb.com/index.php/2006/11/30/sign-up-for-the-halo-3-beta-on-monday/

railven
12-01-06, 11:21 AM
I still haven't even gotten my 360 online yet haha.

Halo is probably the best console FPS but once it hit PC I realized how limited a game it was. I'll pass but thanks for the info!

I know you'll be registering so I hope you get it, make sure you fill us in if you score an invite.

gary88
12-01-06, 11:31 AM
Thanks, i'll be registering :thumbsup:

Blackout
12-01-06, 11:44 AM
I still haven't even gotten my 360 online yet haha.

Halo is probably the best console FPS but once it hit PC I realized how limited a game it was. I'll pass but thanks for the info!

I know you'll be registering so I hope you get it, make sure you fill us in if you score an invite.damn you still haven't gotten online yet!? There's an update when you go online which makes the menu's easier to get around and makes stuff easier to find. Halo shouldn't have been put on the PC because like you said it is a limited game and for a console it's a great game but I would think that on a PC it would be kind of a waste. I'll try and score an invite but I doubt I will get one since basically everybody that owns a 360 wants one

railven
12-01-06, 01:08 PM
damn you still haven't gotten online yet!? There's an update when you go online which makes the menu's easier to get around and makes stuff easier to find. Halo shouldn't have been put on the PC because like you said it is a limited game and for a console it's a great game but I would think that on a PC it would be kind of a waste. I'll try and score an invite but I doubt I will get one since basically everybody that owns a 360 wants one

Yeah believe it or not I haven't gotten it online again that just shows how much online features I use, haha.

Actually Halo was originally developed to be a Mac game until Microsoft bought out Bungie and made them recode the game for their new system.

From all the articles I read the game was about 90% finish for Mac when they had to recode it and nothing really changed. So that game was always destined to be a PC game.

Had it been released on the Mac as originally planned it would have been the best FPS for a Mac but still nothing great in overall FPS genre.

gothicaleigh
12-01-06, 01:33 PM
Had it been released on the Mac as originally planned it would have been the best FPS for a Mac but still nothing great in overall FPS genre.

I don't know... I play many FPS's on my PC (I'll admit that my interest in them is more because they tend to be the games on the cutting edge rather than I am a "Boom Headshot!" type of person ;) ) and Halo still has one of the most interesting storylines out there (sure, it's no HalfLife, but what is? It definately is more engrossing than the single player Doom, FEAR, or UT).

dp102288
12-01-06, 10:46 PM
Damn, I will say its look very nice!

railven
12-02-06, 02:38 AM
I don't know... I play many FPS's on my PC (I'll admit that my interest in them is more because they tend to be the games on the cutting edge rather than I am a "Boom Headshot!" type of person ;) ) and Halo still has one of the most interesting storylines out there (sure, it's no HalfLife, but what is? It definately is more engrossing than the single player Doom, FEAR, or UT).

Haha "Boom headshot" because I got the "uber-micro!"

In terms of storyline I sort of felt Halo's storyline was rather weak.

Now that I think of it I can't remember any, not even Half Life sparked any passion in me, FPS game with a captivating story line.

I haven't finished HL2, I'm so behind on games, and haven't even touched Episode 2 but the storyline seems to pick up a bit half way into 2. I should finish it someday.

Blackout
12-02-06, 09:59 AM
In terms of storyline I sort of felt Halo's storyline was rather weak.

Now that I think of it I can't remember anyWHAT!? If Halo to you doesn't have a story line then what the hell kinda games do you feel DO have a story line!?

Blackout
12-02-06, 10:01 AM
I am a "Boom Headshot!" type of person ;) This is for you! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=833299423124223847

railven
12-02-06, 03:15 PM
Good ol FPS Doug. I love how he flips out when he loses. If you've followed their storylines them seem like pretty chill dudes.

"I pwn noobs, they call me the pwner!"

Haha his take on MMORPGs was hilarious

"I don't need to eat I got high spirit I'll regen just by sitting here."
Haha.

Anyways, yeah Halo's storyline didn't really captivate me. I'm one of those anal pricks who's storylines need plot twists, secret agendas, and burried secrets. I know Halo2's storyline seemed better in terms of twist but I never got that far inot the game to finish it, again some day.

The secret about the actual Halo...nah didn't do it for me.

Blackout
12-02-06, 04:36 PM
Anyways, yeah Halo's storyline didn't really captivate me. I'm one of those anal pricks who's storylines need plot twists, secret agendas, and burried secrets. I know Halo2's storyline seemed better in terms of twist but I never got that far inot the game to finish it, again some day.

The secret about the actual Halo...nah didn't do it for me.Halo was just the beginning the whole series is one long story. Halo 2 left you with a cliff hanger for Halo 3 so if secret agenda's and what not is your alley then I think you will like Halo 2 better