: Was considering a V, but....

McGG
12-01-06, 04:06 AM
...no AWD.

Since I live in Calgary, Canada, which somewhat frequently has much snow, I can't justify a RWD car.

Am I mistaken in believing that AWD is not available on the V?

My SRX will have to do, for now...

V-Beach
12-01-06, 07:16 AM
Go for the Audi.

Kadonny
12-01-06, 08:44 AM
AWD is not available on the rear wheel performance cars. No AWD for any V.

Try just a regular STS AWD instead or of course the Audi, always a great choice.

0luke1
12-02-06, 07:15 AM
Move.

McGG
12-05-06, 08:21 AM
Move.

Quite right.

me_dimitri
12-05-06, 12:37 PM
A fellow Canuck here....

I am just ordering an STS-V, (was going to go with the CTS-V but the dealer incentives upsold me), and am planing to drive it in the white north.

I live in Toronto so the snow isn't that bad, but drive to Ottawa often to see family and they get much more of the white stuff...

I will obviously be putting a good set of snows on the V for the Winter, but have always found a well shod RWD car fine, (even fun), in the winter.

The V's torque may case some problems, but I assume the Traction Control will help.

Best of luck regardless of your choice.

Dimitri

McGG
12-06-06, 04:09 AM
I think the new traction control systems make the whole thing much more feasible. Does anyone else here have experience with the STS-V in the snow?

ssstealth
12-10-06, 05:44 AM
Also, with the manu-matic transmission, it is possible to start out in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear to avoid spinning.

Krug Ford
12-11-06, 05:38 PM
I have driven them in the snow and they are not all that bad..

Depends on the driver..

onephatguy
12-13-06, 05:21 PM
I am also considering an upgrade. I would like more wood grain in the interior and is it true that the air conditioned seats are not available in the V??