: Gillette Fusion.... My thoughts... For those that shave...

Rey Rey 650
11-30-06, 01:23 PM
Well, Ive been using Mach 3/Turbo/ and power for a few years now. I just got a Gillette Fusion in the mail for free the other day. I must say, this is the best damn razor I've tried in awhile! Gives a real good shave with 5 Blades and 1 blade on top for the hard to reach spot below the nostril....If your a mach 3 user you might want to give this a try....:thumbsup:

Elvis
11-30-06, 01:31 PM
My Mach 3/Turbo died on me last week and I had to go back to the old one. I asked Santa for a new one for Christmas. If it doesn't come, I'll switch to your suggestion.

Rey Rey 650
11-30-06, 01:35 PM
Elvis- No bullshit bro....This is a good one...Trust! haha I have three more mach 3 razors i still need to use...Once im done with them im getting this one...Try it out

90Brougham350
11-30-06, 02:12 PM
Do you have thick hair? I was wondering how 5 blades that close together would do on someone who has thicker tougher hair?

Rey Rey 650
11-30-06, 02:36 PM
Do you have thick hair? I was wondering how 5 blades that close together would do on someone who has thicker tougher hair?

Yea I do. I actually have to shave every single day... I thought the same thing, thinking that they would get stuck in between the rezor blades...But the hair doesnt

Krashed989
11-30-06, 02:51 PM
4F7TMlrDXtw

Sorry.... just had to... LOL :alchi:

Edit: Why can't I ever get it to work? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7TMlrDXtw

Dadillac
11-30-06, 02:52 PM
I use the Mach III Turbo and love it. An upgrade will not be in my future as I previously bought what would be a lifetime supply of blades for it. I bought in bulk and saved big. So my face will just have to stay used to three blades.

Don

madooch
11-30-06, 02:58 PM
the fusion is great been using it for months

Lady Danielle
11-30-06, 02:58 PM
Im a girl and I use the fusion, it cut my shaving time down in half...Sal didnt even have a chance of using it. How about the power one anyone try that?

gdwriter
11-30-06, 02:59 PM
I got one of those samples in the mail, too, but haven't tried it. I always tend to bleed when I shave with a blade. I'm not cutting myself; I just have blood vessels close to the surface.

I've used a Braun electric for years, and it does a good job, although my facial hair grows pretty fast. Still, I may give the Fusion sample a try.

Rey Rey 650
11-30-06, 03:14 PM
Im a girl and I use the fusion, it cut my shaving time down in half...Sal didnt even have a chance of using it. How about the power one anyone try that?

Mach 3 Power? Stupid gimic.... I have that but i dont think the power really does anything but annoy my hand

Florian
11-30-06, 03:51 PM
wait till you have to buy replacement blades....gotta take a second mortgage.

F

Adam
11-30-06, 04:38 PM
Well, Ive been using Mach 3/Turbo/ and power for a few years now. I just got a Gillette Fusion in the mail for free the other day. I must say, this is the best damn razor I've tried in awhile! Gives a real good shave with 5 Blades and 1 blade on top for the hard to reach spot below the nostril....If your a mach 3 user you might want to give this a try....:thumbsup:

Agreed 100%! had a Mach 3 and moved to the Fusion, best damn razor i have ever used.

xxpinballxx
11-30-06, 05:09 PM
i might try it...don't shave the face but the mach3 turbo power works great on my scalp.

JRau
11-30-06, 05:16 PM
I just tried the battery powered Fusion that you all are talking about. Wow, it is very nice. I was a Gillette Atra Plus user, but I'm a convert now. It is very smooth, and the addition of power makes shaving even easier. My facial hair isn't very thick, and it doesn't grow all that fast, but by far this is the closest and smoothest shave I've ever had.

JRau in central Iowa

Florian
11-30-06, 06:43 PM
Jesda can shave his back without nicks now!

F

DILLIGAF
11-30-06, 07:36 PM
I shave every now and then.I have a sensitive face,I can't shave unless i've had some soak time in the shower.I use a gillette 3 blade,electrics give me ingrown hairs and hurt like hell.All of them!I might try your fusion.But i'm not shaving everyday!

railven
11-30-06, 07:53 PM
The blade on the edge for trimming...it don't work, least not for me.

I doubt I'm using it wrong but could be my blade is warped.

I too bought a stack of Mach 3 with the cooling gel and until those run out I'm sticking wth my Turbo.

Elvis
11-30-06, 08:36 PM
The vibrating Mach 3 worked great for me. The blades are damn expensive, as Flo said. But they last almost week for me.

I remember SNL did a mock advertisement back in the 70's making fun of the Trac II. It was for a 3-blade razor and their catch phrase was "because you're gullible enough to believe almost anything..."

But when I finally tried a 3-blade razor (20 years later), it made all the difference in the world. One pass gets most of it. It's a lot less irritating, particularly with the vibrations.

dp102288
11-30-06, 09:38 PM
Almost a week? I used to change my razors once every 2 months...that's why I bled to death huh?

I am now using my 2 year old electric, a Remington 3 screen thing. It works pretty well, and has a pop up trimmer for side burns and other fine spots. But the closeness isn't there. But then again, I don't have too much pain afterwards with the burning and such. I just hate how fast razors dull out.

Rolex
11-30-06, 10:09 PM
I use the 3 blade razor. I can't go back to the 2 blade guy even though the local Sam's Club sells the replacement heads for really cheap. I'm afraid if I try the 5 razor one I'll be committed to buying the (even more) expensive heads. Damnit Rey Rey. :thepan: Where can Rolex get a freebie?

Frost
12-01-06, 07:17 AM
Chalk another one up for the Gillette Power Fusion. I gotta say it is the BEST DAMN razor out there for sensitive skin-types like me. Waaaaaaaaaay back in 1973 when i was 20 years old, I had a beard growing contest with a couple of friends. Guess what, I kept that damn beard for 31 years, finally shaving it off in 2004.

To say the skin under that thatch is sensitive is like saying that Superman has a manly figure. It's a no-brainer that I HAVE to have something that can take my whiskers down to the sub-atomic level without shredding my face in the process.

This one does just that. I used to have the Mach Turbo - now the wife has it.

gdwriter
12-01-06, 01:04 PM
I tried my free sample this morning. Hadn't shaved in a couple of days, so I had more than the usual stubble. Pretty nice and smooth. Only a little bleeding. Considering how spendy the blades are though, I think I'll stick with my Braun.

Sandy
12-01-06, 02:21 PM
Mine came in the mail, like 3 weeks ago. Its been sitting in the closet. I still really like my Gillette with the Mach Turbo blades. When I run outta blades, I'll try it. When the blades go dull, I'll go back to the MachTurbo. They are costly enough, and I can't imagine how must the Fusion blades are. There's a limit to this. Soon 2 blade packs will be $12.95.

dp102288
12-01-06, 09:51 PM
2 blade packs for $12.95 and they probably need changing every 7-10 days? Damn! :nono:

codewize
12-01-06, 11:22 PM
I've used a Remington MicroScreen for years. I have one of the older ones that I can't buy blades for anymore so I'm hoping for a new Titanium MicroFlex from Santa.

davesdeville
12-02-06, 04:37 AM
About 2 weeks ago I quit shaving. All the hassle of going and buying blades, then using them... eh. So I'm rocking the full beard now.

Rey Rey 650
12-02-06, 06:48 AM
I've actually thought about removing my facial hair (beard area) for good. I've never grew a beard and never plan on doing that.....I dunno, ive kinda looked into it...Im just tired of shaving every single day

dp102288
12-02-06, 09:19 AM
^^ Yeah shaving everyday sucks. Too time consuming for me.

DILLIGAF
12-02-06, 11:57 AM
I've actually thought about removing my facial hair (beard area) for good. I've never grew a beard and never plan on doing that.....I dunno, ive kinda looked into it...Im just tired of shaving every single day
How does one do that?

Rey Rey 650
12-02-06, 03:39 PM
^ Its some type of laser hair removal....You go in sessions and eventually the hair stops growing in that area.... Ive always wanted to do it but I dont know of anyone who has done that to their face....Maybe Ill stop by the office(located downtown SF) and get quotes...Im just so tired of having to shave everday...and I dont want to grow a beard

Ranger
12-02-06, 09:21 PM
Anytime you get a free razor in the mail, you know they're gonna get you by the blades. Nothing is free.

dp102288
12-02-06, 10:05 PM
I never get free razors. :(