: Home Movie Theaters

CadillacGurl
11-30-06, 12:25 AM
If anyone has one or knows someone that does, could you possibly post pictures or give me a good visual image of what it looks like??

My dad and I are planning on building one and we're just trying to research it. We actually saw one about 4 hours ago and my dad needs me to check stuff out. SO any photos would be great!:thumbsup:

CadillacSTS42005
11-30-06, 12:35 AM
i could show u mine
and uve seen mine
aint the cleanest but it def works with 20 speaks hahaha
cant go wrong with Infinity
and Bose enclosures are pretty good too
the Polk in your friends house is also a great choice

Krashed989
11-30-06, 01:05 AM
Well my parents have a HUGE 63 inch tv downstairs, and the sounds is from 5, 7inch subs in its base. :drool:

tstach
11-30-06, 08:07 AM
Go here:

http://gallery.avsforum.com/

There are some good examples and if you're planning on putting one together, this site has a wealth of information.

gothicaleigh
11-30-06, 08:08 AM
Look at Onkyo for sound. Home theater is what they do. Unparalleled quality in my opinion.

CadillacGurl
11-30-06, 10:34 AM
thanks you guys I appreciate it!

97DevilleBeige
11-30-06, 11:05 AM
If you have any questions, feel free to pm me. I sell them and just set up a customer with a Sony front projector and a 106" Fixed wall mounted screen, with sound system built into the screen, the works. They are thrilled right now.

CadillacGurl
11-30-06, 11:11 AM
Thanks!!

dp102288
11-30-06, 12:09 PM
I know some stores will go to your home and tell you what works best for the space you are putting your stuff in.

xxpinballxx
11-30-06, 05:23 PM
mines nothing fancy just the draper 106" motorized screen (recently installed in the ceiling) my BenQ projector and a Kenwood surround with a JBL sub.

dp102288
11-30-06, 09:19 PM
^^ 106" screen is fancy.

Anything under 105 is just plain...:showoff: :D

xxpinballxx
12-01-06, 09:03 AM
well I meant the room is not all movie theatered out. Just a regular family room surround through the ceiling and mounted in the corners jub in the back corner.
wasn't being smart about the 106" screen...

dp102288
12-01-06, 09:45 PM
^^ Well you sounded smart through the printed words!

:p just messin with ya!

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
12-02-06, 05:50 AM
Click on each of the year links and then on the photo links for each category.

http://www.cedia.net/awards/past_awards.php

xxpinballxx
12-02-06, 08:37 AM
^^ Well you sounded smart through the printed words!

:P just messin with ya!
I noticed...you seem to be "Just messin" with all my posts lately.
you got it out for me or something?

gothicaleigh
12-02-06, 08:46 AM
It's a kindergarten crush type of thing... Awww. :)

xxpinballxx
12-02-06, 08:57 AM
LOL! good link hardrock some of those theaters are ridiculous!
I'd take any one of them.......

dp102288
12-02-06, 09:25 AM
It used to be to piss you off...

But now the avatar is just :drool:

Sky Lopez? I can't tell.

xxpinballxx
12-02-06, 09:32 AM
what you would rather look at her than my mug? I'm shocked.....
Trying to piss me off huh?

dp102288
12-02-06, 09:52 PM
So is it Sky? She was hott.....

Not piss you off in a real sense...vut in a CF Lounge sense...ha ha and giggles.

Kev
12-02-06, 11:29 PM
mines nothing fancy just the draper 106" motorized screen (recently installed in the ceiling) my BenQ projector and a Kenwood surround with a JBL sub.Sounds like what I'm planning to do with our family room one of these days. I thought I'd paint the wall silver and frame it with molding for the screen, get some red curtains for the Theater look and feel, use a video projector and get a decent surround sound system, it wouldn't take much or anything too fancy in a room under 300 square feet. I'd have to put some sound attenuation on the walls and ceilings to keep the noise down through out the rest of the house.

We have a small "wet bar" counter in the back of the room, I thought it would be fun to get a pop corn popper on a cart and set up a little glass counter for a concession stand, put the small refrigerator back there for sodas and other soft drinks.

Then we just have to find a bunch of comfy easy chairs for every one to sit in.

Sounds like fun to me.

xxpinballxx
12-02-06, 11:33 PM
well now I'm mad and im not telling you who it is.....you big dummy head!!!

xxpinballxx
12-02-06, 11:38 PM
Sounds like what I'm planning to do with our family room one of these days. I thought I'd paint the wall silver and frame it with molding for the screen, get some red curtains for the Theater look and feel, use a video projector and get a decent surround sound system, it wouldn't take much or anything too fancy in a room under 300 square feet. I'd have to put some sound attenuation on the walls and ceilings to keep the noise down through out the rest of the house.

We have a small "wet bar" counter in the back of the room, I thought it would be fun to get a pop corn popper on a cart and set up a little glass counter for a concession stand, put the small refrigerator back there for sodas and other soft drinks.

Then we just have to find a bunch of comfy easy chairs for every one to sit in.

Sounds like fun to me.
actually now days you can have a decent set up for under 2 grand. I know there are people thinking...."the speakers alone are more than that!"
yes you can get them that expensive but you dont need it. From the normal tv with built in speakers a 500 dollar HTIB and a 1500 projector would be amazing! I got a 8 foot showcase type of counter from a store that was going out of business. I am going to put a bunch of candy and stuff in it and get a nacho cheese warmer and a hotdog carousel. I got the red velvet drapes but havent put them up yet. The a couple wall sconces and theater chairs.

dp102288
12-03-06, 08:42 AM
well now I'm mad and im not telling you who it is.....you big dummy head!!!

What are you in...first grade! :D :histeric:

xxpinballxx
12-03-06, 03:37 PM
What are you in...first grade! :D :histeric:
lol!

dp102288
12-04-06, 08:18 AM
^^ No more hot girl...how am I supposed to :drool: over a damn monkey!

I hate you! :D :rofl:

gothicaleigh
12-04-06, 08:26 AM
Avatars are supposed to reflect the user. ;)

dp102288
12-05-06, 08:51 AM
^^ So you are a potentially hot girl with blood red eyes? :hmm: :p