: 06 Rear End installed Today

ssmith100
11-29-06, 07:13 PM
Had my rear end replaced today. She's quiet as a mouse now:highfive: . I really didn't think my old rear was that bad until now. I was going to have my Specter bushings removed also but it seems they have "attached" themselves to the factory rubber bushings and don't want to come out. Oh well, I can live with it.

Shane

austin
11-29-06, 07:48 PM
>I was going to have my Specter bushings removed

That would of been the biggest mistake... I have the specter bushings and no wheelhop... I'm still on my 1st original 2004 differential.. Wheelhop is one main factor that can detroy the differential. The 06 differential in a 04/05 alone does not stop wheelhop.. you would have been back to square one.

ssmith100
11-29-06, 07:56 PM
Well,

I've had the GM bushings and now the Specters for about 8 months and ................still have wheel hop................even with 295/30's on the rear. The trade off of the extra road noise with the Specters and them not eliminating the wheel hop.....................just wanted to remove them.

Shane

austin
11-29-06, 09:21 PM
Not sure why you would still have the wheel hop.. I have the specter bushings torqued at 185-ftlbs front, 140-ftlbs rear, running Supercar F1's EMT at 30psi cold all around with no problems..

1QUICKV
11-30-06, 12:25 AM
i have the GM ones and they are taking to me now so i'll have to oil them up or get the "Specters ones." but i still have wheel hop with the bushings and i have the 06 diff. That GM bushing kit solves nothing at all! it may end up helping the wheel hop.

austin
11-30-06, 02:01 AM
The GM bushings are total junk... You get what you paid for... Oh, ya there free.... Anyways.. They do not lock the cradle down enough to be 100% effective... All they are good for is squeaking... The (black) specter bushings as seen next to the GM bushings are clearly thicker and lock the cradle down nice and tight... No squeeking!! The proof is in the pudding!! The specter bushings are worth every penny... The Best mod i ever did!! :)

*I believe this photo was originaly posted by james from lindsay cadillac..

kgoch
11-30-06, 06:13 AM
I had my first diff replaced yesterday. The clutches were worn badly, the tech said. Quit now.

CTS-V420
11-30-06, 11:17 AM
are our Diffs under warrenty? I had thoose white bushings put in and they helped a tiny bit, but what do I tell my dealer to get the 06 dif put in.
(i want the 06 on before i put on my Kars kit, LW flywheel, new clutch, and UUC)

austin
11-30-06, 11:21 AM
>what do I tell my dealer to get the 06 dif put in.

I think about one or two 6,000 hole shots order do it.. :thumbsup:

C-TX-V
11-30-06, 11:37 AM
Is there a TSB for the rear differential replacement?

CTS-V420
11-30-06, 12:11 PM
huh? how do i get my dealer to put in the 06? Do i have to completly blow mine? last time i went in they gave me thoose white bushings....

ssmith100
11-30-06, 01:39 PM
It was pretty easy for me..........I'm married to the director of operations at the Cady dealership.:thumbsup: Some dealers don't have a problem doing it some do. It's a $1,800.00 charge back to the dealership for warranty. most dealers (I believe) would rather do it under the extended warranty.

Shane

LV_V
11-30-06, 01:50 PM
Unless your dealer is a complete piece of $hit, they should warranty the diff if its whining at all. May not be a complete rear diff replacement, possibly only the bushings blew (according to my dealer).

austin
11-30-06, 02:14 PM
In other words..... You better atleast have some sort of problem going on with the differential.. Before even considering asking for a new one.. Some dealers even fight with customers that have blown rears over wheather or not to replace it under warranty.

jimbo1320
12-01-06, 12:51 AM
A word of caution about blowing the rear out. After two rears replaced because of whining and after GM bushings were installed I wheel hopped to distruction. The rear blew, I mean blew apart and was denied warranty at two levels. Reason for denial, time between rears replacement and driver error. $4100 chanrge to me. The good news is the part number on the new rear is dif than the last replacement. I have sent the paper work to GM to see if they will reimburse me. Its not right but how does one fight it. They clearly have a problem. No wheel hop not distruction. Peace and good luck!!

kgoch
12-01-06, 07:08 AM
It is interesting that Cadillac shows smokey burnouts on its V website, yet denies warranty when a diff blows because of what they advertise the car will do?

jimbo1320
12-01-06, 06:49 PM
That is my point exactly. Everone at the dealership agrees. You should be able to go through the gears when you want. GM has to expect us hot rodders to do burnouts now and than. Maybe thay though only old guys would purchase V's and not have to worry about wot and hard shifts to 2nd and 3rd.