: Audio problem

srxfrank
11-29-06, 06:50 PM
Has anyone had this problem- I have navagation and when I set my presets for bass and treble on XM-1 and FM-1 then change the station when I go back they are rest to something different when I go back. They do not stay the way I adjust them. The rest of the selections stay as set. CD,XM2,FM2,DVD ect. I'm taking it in Friday they think it's a software problem.

ryaus1
11-29-06, 07:36 PM
This got me confused, too - until I figured out that bass and treble are stored with the individual presets. Change bass and treble and then program the desired station number.

sgilbert
11-29-06, 07:52 PM
AND---when you're all done---set the memory (#1 or #2) before you shut it off.

srxfrank
11-30-06, 06:25 AM
I have done that and like I stated it works just fine on the dvd, cd, fm-2, and xm-2. But for some reason it will not lock in the fm-1 or xm-1. I set it and if you change to a different station when you return to it the bass and treble are back to center position. I'll post what they end up doing to correst the problem. Also I was wondering if I should have them change out the navagation system. The screen has two very small bubbles in it. The reason I'm wondering is my wife (paasenger) likes to watch the dvd while taking trips and I'm wondering if they install a new unit the code to unlock it will not work.

TSS
11-30-06, 12:39 PM
If you have a unit that can play DVDs in motion, do not complain to cadillac (there is no way you will get another unit with that ability - code will not work)

srxfrank
11-30-06, 12:53 PM
That is what I thought, so I'll let them try to fix the audio problem (software) but won't let them change out the navagation unit.

btimmer
12-07-06, 11:22 AM
I have an '04 and was able to play DVD's while in motion using the 1791 code but I had some nav problems in my local area. Brought it in to Cadillac to fix the nav and now I can't use the 1791 code anymore. If they mess with the nav or maybe even the audio, you may loose the "play while you drive" feature. Good Luck.

XLR8R
12-12-06, 01:18 PM
Guys, I have to ask...what is this code? How do I try it? My wife has an 06 SRX... it would be quite entertaining for her on our long trips. thanks!

TSS
12-12-06, 01:27 PM
Sorry, but you are out of luck. It will not work in a 2006 - I was bummed to learn that too. Cadillac fixed the "glitch" when word got out that someone figured out the code. Too much of a liability.

XLR8R
12-12-06, 01:30 PM
Bummer. thanks! :)

srxfrank
12-15-06, 06:36 AM
Update, I have my car back and they fixed ausio control problem and the code still works!!!