: Exhaust Burbles, Torque Management & MSD Coil Packs.. Oh My!!

austin
11-29-06, 06:47 PM
Ok... I have the magnaflow catback with RT high flow cats... and exhaust burble upon de-acceleration... Sorry, i'm not a fan of the burbling it all.

I was informed that exhaust burble upon de-acceleration is caused by left over un-burned gas.. I was also informed that having the PCM tuned so that it adds timing at de-acceleration will stop it... I was also informed that torque management does the exact opposite... and takes away timing between shifts... So now i'm thinking... How can i have the best of both worlds... And then it dawned on me... Perhaps the MSD multiple discharge coil packs will cause enough extra juice to catch, and burn the left over fuel, thus stopping the burbling upon de-acceleration.. Does this make any sence at all? Could the MSD coil packs help stop de-acceleration burbling?

heavymetals
11-29-06, 08:55 PM
Have Rick (Stealth) turn off the burble and pop.

It does affect mileage (oh great) but it is worth it.:thumbsup:

Vettes should burble and pop, not Cads. :rolleyes:

Silver Dollar
11-29-06, 09:22 PM
I don't mind burbling however, popping is anoying.

austin
11-29-06, 09:30 PM
>Have Rick (Stealth) turn off the burble and pop.

I wish StealthV would come out with a hand held tuner, with the ability to download to PC, for his tweaking of the tune and sending back... It would cut the UPS man out of the picture!! As well as make dealer trips much easier.. I'm sure someone has a emty case, jet, crane, etc that he can strike a deal with to customize, and use his brand name/set of tunes in. :)

BLACK_CTSV
11-29-06, 10:10 PM
I don't mind burbling however, popping is anoying.

I love them both. :bouncy:

1QUICKV
11-30-06, 12:20 AM
we just want the exhaust to be as loud as possiable w/out the poping and burbling. I did a very nice stright pipe with x pipe no muffler and it pops a little and i know i need two little muffler to stop the poping and burbling but its a pain, so i'll live with it for now. what a weight difference! a lot lighter.

C-TX-V
11-30-06, 11:45 AM
>Have Rick (Stealth) turn off the burble and pop.

I wish StealthV would come out with a hand held tuner, with the ability to download to PC, for his tweaking of the tune and sending back... It would cut the UPS man out of the picture!! As well as make dealer trips much easier.. I'm sure someone has a emty case, jet, crane, etc that he can strike a deal with to customize, and use his brand name/set of tunes in. :)

That's why LS1Edit is so popular.

Slapshot
11-30-06, 11:58 AM
Downshifting into a sweeping right-hander, burbling and popping all the way, on the gas at the apex as you accelerate out of it... That's what it's all about. I love it...

HushH
11-30-06, 05:11 PM
Downshifting into a sweeping right-hander, burbling and popping all the way, on the gas at the apex as you accelerate out of it... That's what it's all about. I love it...

:werd:

WGT31
11-30-06, 05:31 PM
luv the burble:bouncy:

heavymetals
11-30-06, 08:00 PM
I like it sounding like a big "slot car" winding down.:thumbsup:

Kind of neat to hear the maggie spin down and not get drowned out by the burble and pop.

Probably one of the reasons it sounds like a "slot car".

However you have it set, the V is a hoot.:highfive: