: Tire Sensors...If Yanked Do We Still Have the Traction Control Settings?

Chef
11-29-06, 09:42 AM
Just a question: If I take out all the sensors will the modes still be present and activated via the touch buttons and screen display?

Thanks,
Chef

The Tony Show
11-29-06, 10:26 AM
Not at first. I'm not sure as to the exact time/mileage requirement, but eventually it will let you go into comp. mode again. Make sure once they're out that you keep them away from the car, because if it sees them, then doesn't, it'll start all over again (wrap 'em in tin foil and bury them in the back yard :thumbsup:).

Lindsay Cadillac
11-29-06, 10:32 AM
IIRC it's 50 miles... Or you can use a Tech II and turn it off once they are removed...

rgd
12-03-06, 01:14 PM
So let me undrstand this. When I go to the track and change my rims to put my slicks on, I don't have comp mode until i drive 50 milles? Is that what I am reading here? I would swear my system goes into comp mode right away but I could me wrong. That might explain why sometimes it seems like stability cont etc comes on all the time...hum!

rgd

Trissle Trassle...........help me Mr. Wizzard!!!

Chef
12-03-06, 01:43 PM
So let me undrstand this. When I go to the track and change my rims to put my slicks on, I don't have comp mode until i drive 50 milles? Is that what I am reading here? I would swear my system goes into comp mode right away but I could me wrong. That might explain why sometimes it seems like stability cont etc comes on all the time...hum!

rgd

Trissle Trassle...........help me Mr. Wizzard!!!

Yep - my thoughts too but when you launch off a camber...blip goes on.
Some Advanced Instructors will tell you the only real way to learn the car and the "action" is without t/c so if you're being saved too many times it's sort of hard to actual feel it. To spin out is not the goal but it's reality when you're pushing it to the limits - It will happen. That's why a training in a "skid car" which I haven't done yet :rolleyes: is very important.

Chef

Dreamin
12-03-06, 05:09 PM
You have to remove all four TPS's and move them out-of-range of the car (i.e. 200-300 feet) away... then drive 50 miles, and the TPS system shuts itself off.

This is if you remove the TPS's from the wheels, in which case they'll be reading 0 psi, and you cant go into Comp Mode at 0 psi.

RGD: In your case, when you swap wheels, the car will pick-up the pressure from the stock wheels sitting in the paddock and it'll think everything's fine and let you into Comp Mode... you wont have any problems.

Clear as mud??

Read thru my posts here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/42142-whoa-my-tpm-system-automatically-shut.html

Pics here: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tpm/index.html

Feffman
03-09-07, 03:00 PM
Dreamin and Others:

I hate to bring this up again, but I plan on driving the car to the track with street tires (TPS installed), switch to the track tires (no TPS installed) and hit the track. Of course the regualr tires with the TPS will be sitting in the paddock.

Will I be able to immediately turn the traction control and stability systme off completely for the day? I'm so confused.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

stkshkr
03-09-07, 03:13 PM
Mark,
YES, as long as it continues to show pressure on all wheels it continues to work. If you don't get near your tires with the TPS for a long time you will loose that function whenever one of the pressure displays ---.

Feffman
03-09-07, 03:26 PM
(In my best Kung Fu voice)

"Thank You Master!" :)

I guess I'll skip the $150 on the second set of TPS sensors.

Feff

Flyboy
03-09-07, 10:19 PM
I removed mine a long time ago. Wrap them in a lot of tin foil and hide them from the car. Drive 50 miles and all is normal.