: My band needs some help from you guys

brougham_geezer
11-29-06, 05:16 AM
Hi! I've never introduced myself here, but my name's Josh and some of you might know me from the Past Vehicles, RWD forum. I drive an '80 Cad. Superior Hearse, '89 Brougham, and I just bought a cheap, old '79 Sedan deVille d'elegance.

I'm going to university in Nova Scotia, Canada and my band just won this provincial Garage Band Contest put on by Aliant (a cell phone company in eastern Canada). We submitted a demo few months back and didn't think anything of it, but then got the call last week that they picked us. We're shocked, and trhilled. We get to play in Halifax (the capital) and open for a band called Mobile from Montreal. Maybe some of you have heard of them. It's a pretty big deal for us anyway. Now we're up against 3 other bands from the other Atlantic Provinces, to win a trip to Quebec to play at the Montreal PopFest 2007 and get some more publicity, and recording deals.

It's not up to the judges any more, it's up to the listeners and we need votes to win. I thought I'd see if the supportive crew on here could help out. This isn't completely unrelated to Cadillacs either. We love Caddies and use the all-original '80 Superior hearse to take our band gear to every gig. It's an attention grabber. Our music is a surf, blues, and vintage rock inspired mixture. We listen to a lot of Johnny Cash, and play a Folsom Prison cover at the beginning of most gigs. I know he owned a Caddy or two. 4 of the members are in their last year of highschool, while I'm starting university. I play the drums in case anyone wanted to know. We'd appreciate your support and votes. Comments on the music appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Go here to listen and vote. We're "Alice Stops Time" from Windsor NS. The one with the black and white picture! :) http://www.aliantcontests.com/garagebands/vote.aspx

Leeb
11-29-06, 06:06 AM
Sure thing dude!

Nice 'Ventures-like' sound (on the 2 samples...)

Hope you-all do great! :)

dp102288
11-29-06, 10:40 AM
I voted. Good luck.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 10:46 AM
I voted...sounds good! Good luck to ya.

eldorado99
11-29-06, 10:53 AM
Voted, You guys sound like The Doors to me, which is a good thing because I like The Doors. Good Luck!

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 11:00 AM
i gotta be honest I went back and listened to all of them and think you and your guys sounds the best of the four...the most put together and I just like the sound. It is a bit morrison. I think its the organ that gives the Doors feel and the vocals are a bit steppenwolf-sh. good luck but i dont think you'll need it.

Lady Danielle
11-29-06, 11:02 AM
You got my vote, hope you win!

axnguyen
11-29-06, 11:35 AM
Voted - G'luck!

Elvis
11-29-06, 11:59 AM
I like it!

Leeb heard the Ventures influence, I caught a trace of Booker T. & the M.G.'s.

railven
11-29-06, 12:32 PM
I gave you my vote, listening to everyone else made it easier to give you my vote too.

CadillacGurl
11-29-06, 04:36 PM
Voted for you!