Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELP! MY '99 Deville thinks its been stolen!!!

3K views 28 replies 4 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 · (Edited)
So I had a new system installed today. I drove it home from the shop, no problems. I park it at home.

When I went out to start it later today, my locks dont work, and my keyless doesnt work (Oh great, Dead Battery), NOT THE CASE. I put my keys in to try and start it, give it a crank, and the alarm goes off (I thought the alarm was disabled). The wierd part is, when I shut it off again, the system keeps going and flickering, like the power is going on and off. I opened the door (usually shuts off the system), but the system stayed on. I had to turn the key again and then turn it off again to shut off the audio.

What happened and What can I do?

And Mods, sorry for the double thread, but Im trying to get this thread where everybody can see it, because this is a BIG problem and I HAVE TO HAVE my car tommorow.

#7 ·
Get the GM06 harness. I think its GM06. But its like $100 plus or minus $20 depending where u get it from. CadillacETC1997 showed me how to fix it. I had the same problems with my car before. It won't mess the car up, it's just irritating. If you don't wanna get the harness, then you're gonna have that problem intermittently. There is a way to shut the car up is when you notice that the keyless entry doesn't work. Open the door with your key. Get in. Close the door. Make sure you close the door or it won't work. Stick the key in ignition and turn car on. Car will go off! Now grab the keyless and hold unlock and lock buttons at the same time. Hold for about ten seconds. The doors should automatically cycle thru the lock and unlock. The car is now quiet, the lights are normal and the car will operate fine. Drive like normal. When u get out, the keyless will work and such. just know that if it sits, it's probably gonna do it again.No set time cycle either. Sometimes my car used to sit 10 minutes and then it would act up. Sometimes it would sit 2 days and not act up. Just depends I guess. But doing that procedure will get everything working fine until next time.... I did it for like a week and a half, got irritated and took CadillacETC1997's advice and stuck the expensive harness in. Reason car goes off is because your car computer communicates with the stock radio and since the stock radio isn't present anymore then the computer is thinkin it got broke into or whatever. Sucks.

#15 ·
We didnt hack it...well.

We just tapped into the speaker wires that were already going to the rear deck speakers. Nothing else was done.

Man...this really sucks. I have no idea what the problem is now. The thing Classilac said didnt work the first time, and I havent checked it yet cus of HW. Ill get back to you guys tommorow.

#17 ·
well, what we did was tap into the speaker wires that are already going to speakers, in the stock harness.

I dont see why that would mess things up.

But Classilac's trick works, so ill do that until it gets annoying.

What can I do to fix this permanently? Should I just take it to an audio shop and say "Fix it" or what?

#19 ·
So if I undo the hack, and then run my own speaker wire and tap them into the harness, this problem should go away?

Well...Once I did the keyless button thing correctly, the alarm turned on and it hasnt happened since....But I still have to run the damn constant power wire to the battery. My roommate/installer didnt believe me when I told him we had to run one.

Ill probably just have a shop do it, Im to impatient and not poor enough to do it myself.

#23 ·
actually thought about that
it really has more to do that if your factory radios in
and you go into diagnostics
notice how the RADIO as well as the dash and the a/c controls all would light up
without the factory radio or any box (like the 03 or 06) to communicate to make the car THINK the radios there, diagnostics gets all screwed up
and you know what happens to these cars when something that isnt supposed to happen, happens... codes lots of them with leads to lots of faults which leads to lights on the dash and issues with running the car...

gator its a long involved process i can walk you through it but i did a write up on it here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/89579-how-shut-off-drls-add-digital.html

however youd go under option A and decrease whatever number lights up in your odometer by 8 here are the values for option A

IPS01 Option A
-Universal Theft Deterrent enabled (8)
-Personalization / Memory Installed (4)
-Interior Purge enabled (1)

#24 ·
Alright...I got all the way to option A, but I didnt know what button to use to decrease the number, and I was afraid to experiment so I wouldnt mess up anything.

For most of the menu, you scrolled with Down and selected with UP. But at this part, both UP and Down were used to scroll....so whats used to select?

#26 · (Edited)
Damn...I misread the thing...my bad.

Installed my Subwoofers yesterday, sound great. Im getting a bunch of rattle in my rear-view mirror. That happened to anybody else?

Alright, my number was 9, I put it down to 1, like you instructed. Hopefully the problem is fixed. I got the memory wire ran yesterday, as well as my subwoofers hooked up, so hopefully I wont have any more questions on the subject. ETC, I appreciate your help and have repped you many times because of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.