: Chilled Strawberry Soup..yummmm

Lady Danielle
11-28-06, 02:39 PM
My favorite dish on the cruise that I could eat for bfat,lunch and dinner is chilled strawberry soup. I thought it sounded gross, but ahhh when I tasted it was heaven. Now I am addicted to cold soups..I just made the strawberry soup and I am eagerly waiting for it to chill in the fridge. What wierd things do you guys like? I know im not the only one.:):Danielle:

urbanski
11-28-06, 02:49 PM
:gurl:

Elvis
11-28-06, 02:53 PM
I refuse to comment until I've seen a recipe. ;)

CadillacGurl
11-28-06, 03:46 PM
:yeah: Sounds good, I'll try and make it if I get a recipe

Rey Rey 650
11-28-06, 03:56 PM
California Burrito( San Diego Exclusive)- Basically, its a burrito with french fries in it.....Ingredients : Carne asada, Guac, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream, and French Fries.... From a Mexican, This a burrito es muy bueno!

Lady Danielle
11-28-06, 04:11 PM
Easy Recipe

2 C frozen Strawberries 1/2 C Sour Cream
2 C Milk 2 TBL White Sugar or to taste
1 C Heavy Cream

Puree berries, Milk, Cream and sour cram in blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in sugar to taste. Chill at least 8 hours in refrigerator.
I subed skim milk for milk and non dairy creamer for cream to make a lowfat version. Enjoy ...and next week well have chilled cucumber soup..tune in

codewize
11-28-06, 04:14 PM
Lots of chilled soups on a ship. They're all pretty good once you get used to the idea of cold soup

ChicagoCTS32
11-28-06, 04:49 PM
Gazpacho! There's this restaurant in downtown naperville that does a gazpacho that tingles and dances on your tongue. It almost tastes carbonated.

This is one of the favorite websites for recipes. The author is nice and the recipes have a little story with them. I have it on my RSS google homepage. I linked ya'll to the gazpacho recipe.

http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/000603gazpacho.php

CadillacGurl
11-28-06, 06:47 PM
Cruises have really good cold soup, I had this banana soup. REALLY GOOD!
Chicago, what restaurant in Naperville?

AlBundy
11-28-06, 07:14 PM
Red Lobster's chicken fajita soup. Delicioussss.

CIWS
11-28-06, 07:44 PM
Easy Recipe

2 C frozen Strawberries 1/2 C Sour Cream
2 C Milk 2 TBL White Sugar or to taste
1 C Heavy Cream

Puree berries, Milk, Cream and sour cram in blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in sugar to taste. Chill at least 8 hours in refrigerator.
I subed skim milk for milk and non dairy creamer for cream to make a lowfat version. Enjoy ...and next week well have chilled cucumber soup..tune in

I'm no Chef (where's Chef when you need him) but this sounds more like a desert than a Soup ? Sounds damn good none the less :)

Chef
11-28-06, 09:05 PM
Gazpacho! There's this restaurant in downtown naperville that does a gazpacho that tingles and dances on your tongue. It almost tastes carbonated.

If it tastes a bit carbonated there's a good chance the tomatoes are not good. Dancing on the tongue suggests the tomatoes have fermented sort of like when you were a kid and put the battery plug power insert to the sizzler "juice machine" on your tongue.

If you like berry and fruit soups it's really a smoothie served in a bowl instead of a parfait glass. All good. Try it with avocado or melon or exotic fruit like dragon fruit & golden kiwi - It's endless so experiment and have fun.

All yuo need is a blender and an imagination:bouncy:

Chef -
5 Diamonds are a Chef's best friend:highfive:

Elvis
11-28-06, 09:43 PM
That sounds really good Danielle. I'm going to try that out SOON.

Here's a weird one, there's a restaurant at the art museum in Memphis that serves African Peanut Soup. It's spicy, sort of like a peanut butter soup with chicken. Strange combination, but it's out of this world good.
----------------------------------------------------
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

2 onions, chopped

2 red or green bell peppers, chopped (or 1 of each)

3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced

1 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken

2 quarts chicken stock or broth

1 large can (28 ounces) Italian tomatoes, chopped, with juice

1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)

1/4 teaspoon black pepper

2/3 cup creamy, natural peanut butter

3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (for garnish)

In vegetable oil, sauté onions, bell peppers, and garlic until soft. Add chicken, stock, and tomatoes with juice, crushed red pepper, and black pepper.

Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Simmer about 5 minutes. Serve in bowls (or, if desired, on top of rice in Phase 2). Sprinkle with fresh thyme.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 12:29 AM
California Burrito( San Diego Exclusive)- Basically, its a burrito with french fries in it.....Ingredients : Carne asada, Guac, Cheese, Salsa, Sour Cream, and French Fries.... From a Mexican, This a burrito es muy bueno!
Hillcrest my friend.....california burritos are awesome. I make them here at home.....without the guacamole...can't stand that crap. But the best are from La Posta de Acapulco's Taco Shop

Rey Rey 650
11-29-06, 02:06 AM
Pinball- where's that spot at?

ChicagoCTS32
11-29-06, 09:07 AM
If it tastes a bit carbonated there's a good chance the tomatoes are not good. Dancing on the tongue suggests the tomatoes have fermented sort of like when you were a kid and put the battery plug power insert to the sizzler "juice machine" on your tongue.
Neat! It tasted good anyway :)

Cruises have really good cold soup, I had this banana soup. REALLY GOOD!
Chicago, what restaurant in Naperville?
Sullivan's. If you go on a thursday, you get good girly martini specials and 2 for 1 bar menu items. It still ends up being pretty expensive, especially because I drink maker's mark manhattan's or belvidere martini's, but you save a little money on the girl drinks and food.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 09:30 AM
Pinball- where's that spot at?
it was at 3rd avenue in Hillcrest haven't been there in about 6 months or so.

dp102288
11-29-06, 09:33 AM
My favorite soupd until I die is the 10 cent Ramen Noodle soups that are full of MSG. Add boiling water, and for less than $1 (including all ingredients and heat) I have a delicious meal.

Yes, I am dead serious. I have never tasted anything better yet so simple.

I am so not sophisticated.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 09:37 AM
ramens not bad if you throw a grilled chicken breast in there and cook most of the water out of it....

Lady Danielle
11-29-06, 10:05 AM
Damn now im hungry....

dp102288
11-30-06, 11:32 AM
ramens not bad if you throw a grilled chicken breast in there and cook most of the water out of it....

:nono: I like it cooked exactly shown on the cheap ass packaging. Quick, easy, and satisfying. Just like a hooker! :rofl: