: nice clip for the gamers out there....

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 09:32 AM
http://www.break.com/index/evolution_of_video_games.html
I remember just about every one of these games...

CadillacGurl
11-28-06, 09:43 AM
Interesting find! Points!

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 09:43 AM
HEY! I got two crests.....YAHOoooooooooooooooo!

railven
11-28-06, 10:24 AM
Haha that was classic however I have two questions:

1. What Star Wars game was that towards the end of the Star Wars segment? It doesn't look like any Star Wars game I've played. The graphics where insane but I'm starting to believe it was a cinematic clip and not actual gameplay.

2. So the text says Evolution of Boxing and they show Street Fighter, which is not a boxing game, and Rumble Roses, which also isn't a boxing game, haha just thought I'd ponder why.

Nice find Pinball!

CIWS
11-28-06, 10:33 AM
Definately lots of cut scene use. The footage for Battlefield 2 was all cut scene.

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 10:56 AM
yeah they did use cinematics and I thought the same thing when they said boxing and it was really just fighting. I think since it started wit ha boxing game they threw that out hoping no one would pay attention to the evolution of boxing into brawling. LOL!

railven
11-28-06, 11:39 AM
Hey a bit off topic but you guys know any good FPS for PC with a co-op mode?

My girlfriend doesn't like using the console controllers so those games are out.

I saw Ghost Recon: Advance Fighter and it said online 4-player co-op does that work for 2 players? I know for the old Ghost Recons it would, but just curious.

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 12:03 PM
aren't call of duty co-op......I recall playing them with my buddy out in AZ.

railven
11-28-06, 12:08 PM
I have CoD, the Expansion, and CoD2 and I haven't seen a CO-OP mode unless its a mod. I'll look into that.

CIWS
11-28-06, 05:12 PM
Most of the Tom Clancy based FPS have co-op modes. You can select how many members are on your team and anything beyond the human players will be filled with AI team members.

Blackout
11-28-06, 06:26 PM
Hey a bit off topic but you guys know any good FPS for PC with a co-op mode?

My girlfriend doesn't like using the console controllers so those games are out.

I saw Ghost Recon: Advance Fighter and it said online 4-player co-op does that work for 2 players? I know for the old Ghost Recons it would, but just curious.One of my fav's was Unreal Tournament. Facing Worlds owns!!!

dp102288
11-29-06, 09:02 AM
That was a real cool vid! I enjoyed that...good times. :)

railven
11-29-06, 10:53 AM
I'm sort of looking for a objectives work together CO-OP, ala Doom/2 3 for XBOX Halo/2, kind of thing not a capture the flag/base or team death match.

So far we've tried:
Battlefront 1/2 [this game is missing something it could be great but its just good.]
Battlefield 1942 through 2142
Call of Duty online [she totally sucks under pressure haha]

So I want something with just objectives. I got her to play GoWs with me but she finds it really hard to aim. So far we've had a few dog fights with some Lokust but I end up doing most of the clean up work.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 10:55 AM
you play online railven....we should play some call of duty sometime.
Love that game....got a buddy in CO that plays too.

Blackout
11-29-06, 11:40 AM
I downloaded the demo of Rainbow Six: Las Vegas and I'm not a huge fan of the Rainbow Six games but this game was fun as hell and am about to go out and buy it. BTW isn't the Rainbow Six games CO-OP?

railven
11-29-06, 11:50 AM
Yeah Rainbow Six is the successor to Ghost Recon. Both games are up to 4 players CO-OP with older Ghost Recons supporting up to 8 players.

I played Las Vegas and just like Raven Shield I wasn't impressed. But then again those aren't my kind of games. SOCOM didn't do it for me either. I love team work but those games are so damn anal in terms of team work. Haha.

If you're ever going to play those kind of games you need someone who really cares about the game. Not some a-hole, like me sometimes, who runs into a room without flushing it first and gets himself killed.

The Tom Clancy games are games I don't know if my girlfriend can get the handle of. And I know I mentioned Advance Fighter but it seemed more like a run-and-gun FPS then a set-points-and-infiltrate game.

For the love of God she stuck a plasma grenade on my back in one of Halo 2 sessions. Imagine if she had to cover an extraction point while you rushed around to flush out the baddies with a smoke grenade...she'd die and I'd fail the mission. Haha.

xxpinballxx
11-29-06, 12:01 PM
Yeah I like co-op but I want to run and gun at times not strategize over the battle longer than the battle. Give me a gun and let me loose.

CIWS
11-29-06, 12:17 PM
HAHA (I'm showing age here) Rainbow 6 was the first Tom Clancy FPS. The iteration out now is something like the 4th incarnation of the game with the name. They are great for playing all kinds of challenges. Co-op, Team vs Team, and deathmatch (free for all). We played those games for years with their various Mod packs. I might look into the latest Las Vegas version. I bought and tried BF 2142 and think it bites dog. If I could take it back for a refund I would have. I still play BF 2 some, but it's getting a little long in the tooth. BF1942 with the D.C. Mod rocked !

railven
11-29-06, 12:34 PM
My bad, I could have sworn Ghost Recon predated Rainbow Six but I was wrong.

I played Ghost Recon before any of the Rainbow Six titles and man was it different then say Soldier of Fortune or Quake. It was hard to grasp but my friend taught me and eventually I got good at it. I hated the Stance button even to this date haha.

BF 2142 felt very tacky. I'd take 1942 over it any time.