: Like a bad dream

wooderson
11-27-06, 06:13 PM
My 06 diff has sprung a leak and has a pronounced clunk after only 5,000 miles. I fear the nightmare has begun.:crying2:

heavymetals
11-27-06, 06:16 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself.

The nightmare is when they won't warranty it.:eek:

wooderson
11-27-06, 06:25 PM
The scary part is that I babied this car. Has only 5k miles after a year. And half of those miles are with my 5yr.old and my 2yr.old in the back seat.

SullenClothing
11-27-06, 10:30 PM
Where are you from?

heavymetals
11-27-06, 10:49 PM
The scary part is that I babied this car. Has only 5k miles after a year. And half of those miles are with my 5yr.old and my 2yr.old in the back seat.

I don't see the complaint being tied to your kids :confused:

I "babied" my car too and the diff failed (cracked and leaking). The replacement works very well and I don't have any problems (yet).

It isn't going to "blow up" or engluf the car in flames.

At the worst, you get stuck somewhere and then you hope nobody runs into the rear of you. :eek:

Bad dream? Yes, I agree, but don't stress yourself out ,yet.

wooderson
11-28-06, 09:13 PM
I don't see the complaint being tied to your kids :confused:

I "babied" my car too and the diff failed (cracked and leaking). The replacement works very well and I don't have any problems (yet).

It isn't going to "blow up" or engluf the car in flames.

At the worst, you get stuck somewhere and then you hope nobody runs into the rear of you. :eek:

Bad dream? Yes, I agree, but don't stress yourself out ,yet. My point is that half if not most of the mileage on the car so far is driving my kids around town, not drag racing or abusing the car. I am not concerned with the car blowing up.

wooderson
11-28-06, 09:16 PM
Where are you from?
Long Island NY

Chef
11-28-06, 09:20 PM
Long Island NY

Now that's a nightmare:stirpot: Just kiddin'...

Beautiful place and one that I escaped to when I lived in the Big Apple for 8 years...

Good luck with your stealership....If you have no mods you're golden.

Chef

Kadonny
11-29-06, 09:40 AM
My point is that half if not most of the mileage on the car so far is driving my kids around town, not drag racing or abusing the car. I am not concerned with the car blowing up.

It's not about how you drive the car, we know that now.

I have the same thing. Is your rear just dripping? If so, it's probably the vent hole. Many of the 06's are dripping, including mine even after 2 times at Caddy service.

The clunk might just be the cradle bolts. My clunk got so bad it happened on each shift and upon each touch of the gas pedal. Take it in for service and have them check the entire rear end for bolt tightness and correct torque. It fixed my car..........for now.

mike041357
11-29-06, 06:13 PM
My diff started clunking as well. They called and told me the transmission mount was loose and all they had to do was tighten it up. I didn't believe that could have been it, but the clunk is gone. Yeah, my 06 diff (on my 05) drips a little from the overflow. But not all the time. As long as you're under warranty, take it in, then just drive and enjoy it.

I thought I'd have some fun with my V in the snow (with Pirelli Snow Sports, we just got ~10 inches), but the traction control kicks in and I barely can move up the hill. Oh well....

Black Sunshine
12-03-06, 05:07 AM
I thought I'd have some fun with my V in the snow (with Pirelli Snow Sports, we just got ~10 inches), but the traction control kicks in and I barely can move up the hill. Oh well....

Ahhhhh, but have you tried it in the snow with the T/C turned off?

wooderson
12-03-06, 11:01 AM
Now that's a nightmare:stirpot: Just kiddin'...

Beautiful place and one that I escaped to when I lived in the Big Apple for 8 years...

Good luck with your stealership....If you have no mods you're golden.

ChefNo mods. Just a dealer installed Corsa and CCW wheels. Goes in next Mon. Wish me luck.