Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Instrument Cluster Removal?

Tags
ext
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RobertCTS 
#1 ·
Anybody had the instrument cluster out yet? I removed the lower trim and the two screws at the bottom of the IPC. I have the procedure from the factory service manual - it states that you should use a small screwdriver to pry between the top of the instrument cluster and the instrument panel to get the top to pop loose. I tried this but was reluctanct to pry to hard and risk damaging the instrument cluster. Anybody have any experience that I can learn from before I make an expensive mistake?

Thanks,

ctsvwannabe

#3 ·
I popped mine several times. The screwdriver chipped mine a bit the first time. Next time I used a small 1" putty knife. It takes some balls but it requires some effort for it to pop. The last time I didn't bother to put the screws back in. The clips are more than enough to hold it. When installing my NAV system I had the whole friggin' dash torn apart. Kind of scary when you have all the parts removed!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.