: Do i need a dyno retune after hi-flow cats...

austin
11-27-06, 09:49 AM
I Had my "V" dyno tuned to around 13.0-13.3 a/f a while ago (see dyno graph below).. Now, after adding high-flow cats.. Which way is my mixture going to go.. As some folks are telling me it will go lean, and that i will have to add fuel.. And some folks are telling me it will go rich (by about .2-.4) and with my current a/f numbers i'll be all set.. So, from looking at my dyno charts a/f, which is the actual way the mixture is going to go... rich or lean from high-flow cats? Am i going to have to add fuel, take fuel out, or leave it alone according to my current a/f posting of 13.0-13.3?

trukk
11-27-06, 11:21 AM
Damn,

I wish I had O2 bungs in prior to my tune, so I could answer this for you. :(

-Chris

austin
11-27-06, 12:14 PM
I wish you did too!! :)

Silver Dollar
11-27-06, 12:16 PM
I just checked my bung. Unfortunatly is was of no help.

50 4Ever
11-27-06, 12:54 PM

Heat up the exhaust pipe first :worship:

rand49er
11-27-06, 01:03 PM
I just checked my bung. Unfortunatly is was of no help.O2 bung or methane bung? :confused:

trukk
11-27-06, 02:24 PM

You'd have to be sick rich to get near my bung.

-Chris

1MEANV
11-27-06, 02:58 PM
no..

lasstss
11-27-06, 06:37 PM
I Had my "V" dyno tuned to around 13.0-13.3 a/f a while ago (see dyno graph below).. Now, after adding high-flow cats.. Which way is my mixture going to go.. As some folks are telling me it will go lean, and that i will have to add fuel.. And some folks are telling me it will go rich (by about .2-.4) and with my current a/f numbers i'll be all set.. So, from looking at my dyno charts a/f, which is the actual way the mixture is going to go... rich or lean from high-flow cats? Am i going to have to add fuel, take fuel out, or leave it alone according to my current a/f posting of 13.0-13.3?

you will most definetly need a retune. The adittion of cats will actually make you loose power as the A/F will be off. The computer will try to compensate incorrectly. (add fuel).
Stealth knows how to handle this.

austin
11-27-06, 06:38 PM
>no..

So... Does my a/f chart show that i will benifit from the high-flow cats.