: lets convince gergreg to keep the V

Pages : [1] 2

gergreg
11-26-06, 08:09 PM
I searched the forums before I posted so no flames please. Does anyone know how to remove the driver side vent? I'm sure I could figure it out, but I'd rather not scuff up the V's interior too much.

I love the V except for all of the damn rattles and creaks. I have about 3-4 rattles behind the instrument panel, i have an extremely annoying rattle in an air vent, i have a creaky steering wheel...i mean honest for 56 f|_|cking dollars the thing shouldn't be half this noisy. I do have the perf suspension though...but anyway will dealers try to fix these noises or do they consider this wear and tear. ill take it in anyway but id rather not look like a dumbass going to the dealer complaining about rattles if they wont fix it anyway.

My car got hit while parked, 6k damage, went through hell getting it back to orig condition, got wrong bulb, it was aimed like shit etc. Now I have my old bulb and it's just as blue, but it's still aimed a little high, I dont feel like taking it back to those people because I honestly never want to see them again. I searched for the topic on here and didn't find anything. Do you have to remove the headlamp to aim them? And if so, how many bolts are there to remove the things...or do you have to take the damned bumper off to get to them.

Found (mostly) empty parking lot and touched up on my countersteering. The steering in our cars is simply incredible! By the end I was able to basically do circles around six or so cars. I'll record it next time, but for now I have no media. These cars are pretty sweet for daily driving, but when you drive them the way they are supposed to be driven, its best features come out.

Ive been experiencing trouble putting my shifter in gears while moving, particularly while slowing down. And if I apply force, you can feel the whole transmission moving as if it was loose. I have the exact same problem in my GTO. I had the dealer look at it before and they said it is the same as other gm perf cars. Does anyone else have this? Should I just get used to GM's shitty quality?

I wish I could vote on the quality of this forum, it is easily the best forum on the internet. Ill just go ask on ls1gto.com. Thanks again guys, you ****ing own. blah blah ****ing blah

RobertCTS
11-27-06, 05:25 AM
All the vents pop off with a small putty knife. They are held on by friction clips.

RobertCTS
11-27-06, 08:12 AM
Greg,
Don't know why this got moved as the CTS and CTS-V vents are the same and the removal is the same. Probably because us CTS guys know more than the V guys?:histeric:

odla
11-27-06, 01:05 PM
yea you know how to copy our cars. lol just messin with ya.

RobertCTS
11-27-06, 01:24 PM
yea you know how to copy our cars. lol just messin with ya.

The V's have some good points worth copying. It's a thin line of stepping over the edge and becoming a Poser.

Back to the vents. It's amaging how much of our cars are held together with plastic pins and friction clips. Some day I'm afraid a pothole will self distruct my car.:eek: You can practically disassemble the car with pliers, putty knife and a screw driver.(exaggerating a bit maybe.:) )

odla
11-27-06, 06:35 PM
Thanks for taking that as it was ment. You seem pretty cool.:) :)

gergreg
11-30-06, 11:22 PM
Awesome thank you. Have you guys attempted to get rid of the vent rattles or dont you have them. And yes, I put this question in here because I figured that the V-owners such as myself would be too snobby to answer a question as easy as this one. Regular CTS owners are more down to earth.

RobertCTS
12-01-06, 04:35 AM
Awesome thank you. Have you guys attempted to get rid of the vent rattles or dont you have them. And yes, I put this question in here because I figured that the V-owners such as myself would be too snobby to answer a question as easy as this one. Regular CTS owners are more down to earth.

Thanks for the CTS Kudos Greg. It's not typical for them to rattle. I did have one apart. There are a lot of pieces to a vent. Shire a light in the vent to see if any pieces have come loose.

rand49er
01-07-07, 05:54 AM
... id rather not look like a dumbass going to the dealer complaining about rattles if they wont fix it anyway.No rattles on mine with 32k.

Take it to the dealer and quit looking like a dumbass here.

HiTechRV
01-07-07, 08:36 PM
A caddy should not rattle, but then again when I put much firmer Bilsteins on my motorhome it developed a dozen new rattles too. NVH tests are on the stock suspension but I'd still see if the dealer will fix them.

Jschmank
01-07-07, 09:34 PM
a shot of WD 40 in the seams on the dash will do alot to quiet some of the dash rattles. There have been some threads with fixes for rattles in the air vents and under the steering wheel that might be worth visiting.

trekster
01-07-07, 11:13 PM
The dash rattles are annoying. It only happens on low speeds.

dynalub
01-18-07, 09:20 AM
Hi, Headlamp aiming is covered in your owners manual. Tom

gergreg
01-18-07, 03:31 PM
Um. Unless we varying manuals, it is not in the manual. I just looked in mine and I used a pdf version. It is not in there.

urbanski
01-18-07, 03:37 PM
nm..

Z71
01-18-07, 03:37 PM
Have to take it to the dealer. They have a device that clamps on the lights for aiming. In certain states you can get pulled over and ticketed for improper lights. You can fool with it forever and never get it right.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
01-18-07, 03:38 PM
thats too complicated...i just turn the steering wheel ;)

gergreg
01-18-07, 03:42 PM
Thanks my friend. I'll get right on that. The misaligned light in driver's sided.

gergreg
01-18-07, 06:35 PM
Hey Urbanski, Just a quick question: I kept questioning some of the parts that the repairer of my car used. Does the driver's side have the same aiming screw as does the passenger side? I have the exact ruler type aiming tool on the passenger side, but there is only a plastic covering on the driver side...

urbanski
01-18-07, 06:55 PM
i think they are the same, pretty sure, i will look tomorrow. but you just need the white funnel one, not ruler.

dynalub
01-18-07, 07:10 PM
Hi Gergreg. In my owners manual page 5-49 to 5-51 are directions to aim your headlamps, By the way this is in the 2006 cts/ctsv owners manual. Tom

ewill3rd
01-18-07, 07:12 PM
I'd advise against turning the screws.

If it has 2 adjustments, one is vertical and one is horizontal.
Turning either of them without the proper aiming aid will cause you to shine your lights in people's faces or not be able to see the road.

I saw mechanical headlight aimers mentioned, that used to be how we did it, the aimer would attach to the old sealed beam style headlamps or housings and the adjustment screws would move the lamp itself up, down, left or right. Nowadays the lamps are all fixed and when you turn the screws you are only adjusting the reflector or the lens position. There is an aiming method in the service manual but it includes a calibrated screen and 25 feet of level ground or an expensive optical aiming device (we have one in our shop).
Turning the screws without using a proper aiming device can cause major problems. It should be done professionaly if possible. Some headlamps don't even allow for horizontal adjustment, like SRX, you have unbolt the lamp housing and bend the mounting brackets or shim it to change the horizontal adjustment.

If you want to make small adjustments you can pull up to a fixed object, like your garage wall or a garage door on level ground.
Notice where the lamps shine and turn the adjuster screws as noted above but watch the light pattern, be sure to note if the light moves horizontally or vertically and only adjust the one that you need to and remember adjust it only a small amount. It only takes a little bit of a turn to raise the beam at a distance. If you have some masking tape you can mark the original spot on the wall where the light shines and adjust from there.
Also make sure the beams end up fairly level with eachother.

There are some tips, but I would still recommend that you find someplace that has an optical aimer and let them adjust the lamps to the proper specification. We check for proper headlight aim in VA during a safety inspection and if they are way out you can be ticketed.

HTH.

04CTSVFLA
02-03-07, 04:24 PM
I dont experience anything like that.....learn to down shift and match your revs...double clutch the down shift as well and it will be extremely smooth - butter in fact. not doing this is probably your problem.

RunningOnEMT
02-03-07, 04:25 PM
thats something i really need to work on is my double clutching

gergreg
02-03-07, 04:30 PM
umm... its while the clutch is in my friend.

Rey
02-03-07, 05:18 PM
I once experienced this change on another car many years ago. A motor mount was broken.

04CTSVFLA
02-03-07, 05:18 PM
lol, hmmm, were just a bunch of dry humor/blunt (lol)....most guys gotta get used to it... but maybe what your speaking of is the parade clunk then....Im just not quite sure what your talking about.....

gergreg
02-03-07, 05:21 PM
Thank you Rey for a good response.

RunningOnEMT
02-03-07, 09:17 PM
man you're just straight up testy... at least 3 people gave you answers...

ctsvett
02-04-07, 01:36 PM
Gergreg.. is that sarcasm? If so, not going to win you any points around here..

As to that answer to your question. Maybe nobody responded sicne they have no value to add. My only comment would have been what is already said. Check the motor mounts. They are a known issue and since the tranny is bolted to the motor its likely that they are bad.

You should be more specific too. How do you know the tranny is moving or is this just speculation?

The tremec is known to have shifting issues as well. Thats not just "shitty GM quality" since that tranny is in lots of cars.

Making comments that you have made, I am not surprised that you got no responses.

Reed

gergreg
02-13-07, 03:57 PM
I have a set of Dunlop M3 perf winter tires on my V and I am having a hell of a time keeping it ont he road here in Pittsburgh. Ive gone up hills and have been sideways the whole way up them, just countersteering the whole way up. Does anyone have different tires and have good results with them on your V? I had Blizzaks for my GTO and didnt have any problems. They unfortunatly do not make those tires in 18s.

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 04:01 PM
I have a set of Dunlop M3 perf winter tires on my V and I am having a hell of a time keeping it ont he road here in Pittsburgh. Ive gone up hills and have been sideways the whole way up them, just countersteering the whole way up. Does anyone have different tires and have good results with them on your V? I had Blizzaks for my GTO and didnt have any problems. They unfortunatly do not make those tires in 18s.

you SURE they don't make 18" blizzaks

i know they USED to make them i had them on my lightning

and yes i drive my V in the snow, its my only car

its a little hairy sometimes, but its managable

rand49er
02-13-07, 04:24 PM
I ran mine a bit last winter after I bought Avon Tech 550 A/S. (Now, my V has been elevated to Garage Queen Vicky status. :) ) The original F1s had about 14k on 'em at the time when we got our first snow on Thanksgiving (2005), and they were completely worthless in snow. The Avons worked really well, however, we don't have the kind of hills around here that you've got in Pittsburg, so take my endorsement with that in mind.

iwinagn
02-13-07, 04:49 PM
I actually had to get out today and had to drive the v. I still have the run flats on it. I hope to find a good set of winter tires soon. I didnt have that much of a problem with the run flats that everyone talks about

Rockafella
02-13-07, 05:26 PM
Mine has been parked in the garage for the past two weeks and it has snowed every day since I parked it. As you can tell, I didn't enjoy driving it in the snow.

Those that tell you that the V is good in the snow is either:

A. kidding themselves
B. don't get any snow
C. never had a good snow car

gergreg
02-13-07, 05:50 PM
Mine has been parked in the garage for the past two weeks and it has snowed every day since I parked it. As you can tell, I didn't enjoy driving it in the snow.

Those that tell you that the V is good in the snow is either:

A. kidding themselves
B. don't get any snow
C. never had a good snow car

Amen to that. If a GTO did better than it in the snow, it has to be terrible in the snow. I'll tell you what though... if there are no other cars around, you can get some really nice 4 wheel drifts, just hold the T/C button in for 10 seconds :alchi: . But on a serious note, I guess that the reason they are so bad is because of the very very stiff suspension, I have the perf suspension which makes it even stiffer...

DILLIGAF
02-13-07, 05:59 PM
No!Never!Was at a funeral in the car last year and got about an inch during the service.I couldn't get in my driveway without sweeping it off first.Car is worthless in snow,yes I had run craps on, but still.

Feffman
02-13-07, 07:09 PM
You mean the 5 inches we received in St. Louis today. Sure my V and I trudged right through it. It's shod with Michelin Alpine snow tires until they wear out then a set of high performance all season of some sort.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

GOTTSPD
02-13-07, 07:52 PM
I have been rolling in the V with it's GSD3's and they are not good in the snow. It's not fun. I'd consider getting a 4th (snow) car, but it snows here so infrequently that it's not worth it.

rand49er
02-13-07, 07:58 PM
I actually had to get out today and had to drive the v. I still have the run flats on it. I hope to find a good set of winter tires soon. I didnt have that much of a problem with the run flats that everyone talks aboutAre they F1s? Can't be F1s. :nono:

ahahnu
02-13-07, 08:04 PM
Tonight will be my first venture this year in the snow. The last two years have been no fun. A couple of times as I am spinning away trying to make it up a hill two different Hummers past me in the same place around the same time. They must of been laughing. This year I went and bought Hancook snow tires after forcing the F1s to work. Hopefully they will work but it is definately a challenge. I usually have to park in a parking lot at the bottom of my street as the V can't make it up the hill. Wish me luck.

NYC-V
02-13-07, 08:24 PM
im not gonna lie and say that the v is good in the snow..... cuz that would make me laugh.
But i have gotten through 3 to 4 inches with the V on blizzax .... arguably the best snowtire for this car. i had the runflats on last year and it was officially immoble in the snow, the blizzax made a huge difference

just my opinion

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 08:26 PM
im not gonna lie and say that the v is good in the snow..... cuz that would make me laugh.
But i have gotten through 3 to 4 inches with the V on blizzax .... arguably the best snowtire for this car. i had the runflats on last year and it was officially immoble in the snow, the blizzax made a huge difference

just my opinion

am i crazy or DO they make blizzax in 18's ... i KNOW i had them on my Lightning on stock 18" rims

RunningOnEMT
02-13-07, 08:28 PM
DONE!

i KNEW blizzaks came in 18's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?speed_rating=P&speed_rating=Q&speed_rating=R&speed_rating=R&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=Z&performance=W&startIndex=0&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&search=true&vehicleSearch=true&sortValue=18&dg=true&sortCode=54050&width=245%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18&minLoad=S&loadRank=2&manufacturer=Avon&manufacturer=BFGoodrich&manufacturer=Bridgestone&manufacturer=Continental&manufacturer=Dunlop&manufacturer=Firestone&manufacturer=Fuzion&manufacturer=General&manufacturer=Goodyear&manufacturer=Hankook&manufacturer=Kumho&manufacturer=Michelin&manufacturer=Pirelli&manufacturer=Sumitomo&manufacturer=Uniroyal&manufacturer=Yokohama&manufacturer=Winterforce&manufacturer=Wintermaster&speed_rating=P&speed_rating=Q&speed_rating=R&speed_rating=R&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=Z&subperf=PPW

Albertan
02-13-07, 09:04 PM
Gee, this is the question I'm asking myself tonight. I'm going for an 800 mile road trip on Thursday AM. Weather reports are for no more snow but cool and rain where I'm headed. However I have to be able to get on the highway first. I have RSA tires. My alternate is the regular CTS with Michelin PS A/S tires I put on last week. I'm leaning towards the regular CTS, I don't really want to get the V all dirty!
Bruce

mdc
02-13-07, 09:18 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/96240-im-surprised-how-easy-drive-v.html

And yes ... my Blizzacs are stock tire size

HiTechRV
02-13-07, 10:01 PM
I've been driving all winter in Michigan on the F1's - not recommended. Despite being marginally "all weather" rated, they are no good beyond a small amount of snow, and their traction is horrible below freezing. It was quite challenging to drive in -6 temp with -20 wind chills. Kind of like driving on wooden tires, even after 5 miles.

I suspect the V would be better with some snow & ice tires. Not great mind you, but better.

Details
02-13-07, 10:31 PM
I thought that any new car I could buy would be better than my truck. I was dead wrong.

I drove around a C1500 (2-wheel drive) with 285/65/15's BF Radial TAs as a winter car the last few years. I took it very easy, and although it was a pain sometimes, no major drama.

The V is BAD in the snow. I got stuck in the driveway today on a fairly slight incline where there was only 2" of snow. This is the second time this year. I have the RS-A's. I have no idea how you guys deal with the F1's.

I will rough it out though. Carpooling in the wife's Tahoe is a likely posibility.

Remember to take your time. Don't rush it. Pay attention. Take the long way home if the plows are likely to be that direction.

Albertan
02-13-07, 11:29 PM
I think I'll be taking the CTS on my road trip. I think that the worse ever car for snow was my 1973 Vega. Bought it brand new. Drivers window fell out and first cold day rad froze up. It wouldn't start if it was getting close to freezing. I put studded snow ties on it and couldn't get up a moderate snow covered hill because of the wheel hop. It would have shown the CTS-V a thing or two about wheel hop. I got stuck in a gas station parking lot. I picked up a guy stranded in a twin car to mine. He parked it into the wind and the aircleaner filled with snow.
Years later I met the owner of the dealership where I bought it. I told him I had bought one. He offered his condolences!
Bruce

gergreg
02-13-07, 11:52 PM
dude those blizzaks are performance winter tires. i have the top performance winter tires, the dunlop m3s. i want just snow/ice tires, i didnt have perf snows on the gto. i might have killed the m3s by doing about 40 minutes of drifting on snow in a parking lot (spread out over 4 days).

kueh
02-14-07, 01:13 AM
I have 18" Blizzaks on mine. They work like a charm winter. Just got about 6 in Chicago area today. Took my V out for a FUN spin. If I was careful, everything was perfect. It even drove through last year's 12" snow. My front end was cutting through the snow.

V-Max
02-14-07, 01:58 AM
No tire with multiple drive wheels will over come the slick stuff. I live on a hill and had to use a little helper with the M3's on my C5. :)

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/Norm1988GT/C5parts034.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/Norm1988GT/C5parts033.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/Norm1988GT/C5parts032.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c284/Norm1988GT/C5parts031-1.jpg

Jon
02-14-07, 02:10 AM
245/45/18 Blizzak LM-22s
http://www.jon04ctsv.com/images/IMG_7808.jpg

Drove the V last winter, garaging it this winter. It was solid, never got stuck or had any problems in Canadian winter.

sy1172
02-14-07, 06:38 AM
I do, it's certainly not the best. More akin to a Camaro than anything else in my opinion. I took my wifes Volvo XC90 this morning (north of Philly) and it rules....like driving on dry roads. AWD is awesome.

zozmanCTS-V
02-14-07, 11:41 AM
Cars I park for the winter in heated garages: Z06, Z28, CTS-V. Vehicles left out to trunge through the snow: Z71 4x4 Truck, Jeep. That's what they were made for.

v-ape
02-14-07, 01:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You people have too many resources!!

I drive mine in the snow, I have no choice, its my only car. Its not great, but it works. The TC works well when going up slippery hills, floor the car and hang on, you'll be moving at 2mph and the RPM's will be at 1500, but the car moves along with an "I-Think-I-Can, I-Think-I-Can" attitude.

CTS NV
02-14-07, 11:37 PM
I have RS-As and couldn't make it from my house to the end of my street today. Granted we were pelted with sleet on top of snow and I saw an AWD Subaru driving sideways on the way-- regardless, I had to turn around and go back home to save further embarassment... :getaway:

Kadonny
02-15-07, 09:32 AM
CTS-V + snow = Not a good match

If you have any stop and go on any hill you are dead in the V (assuming the road is snow covered).

greggbat
02-16-07, 06:27 PM
Has anyone here tried Pirelli SnowSports on thier V? We put them on my wife's Jaguar S-type R this year. I'm amazed at how well it handles in the snow. I don't drive the V when there's salt on the roads so I have nothing to compare it to.

wildwhl
02-16-07, 06:33 PM
I have the Dunlop Wintersport M3 (not a BMW, mind you) and do quite well in the snow - no issues!

Maybe it is the extra horsepower of the maggie in the cold air that makes life easier for me?

WW

2004ctsv
02-16-07, 08:56 PM
Pittsburgh + winter = 4WD truck

Wouldn't do any other way

Toxic
02-19-07, 12:10 PM
I've taken mine out on worn down Nitto 555's, kind of...interesting. These tires hate cold and they hate wet. Scariest was about a month ago when we had a heavy freezing rain. Most embarrasing was when we got 4 inches in STL last Tuesday and I could not get out of my works parking lot. Made for a good work break as my co-workers watched through the windows. TC and SCS made life much easier. I think with the right tires there should be no problems in the snow-unless it's 8" plus then you should stay home anyway.

gergreg
03-17-07, 07:59 PM
Between the crap drivetrain and the subpar interior quality, I am sick of the Cadillac. So I'm thinking about trading it in for a Bmw 545, hopefully 6speed. What do you guys think?

1fstkde
03-17-07, 08:06 PM
unless its the m5 model, your going to be bored off your azz with that car..I used to lease one for two years and couldn't wait to get out of it..does look nice though..

gergreg
03-17-07, 08:07 PM
Did you have a 545?

gergreg
03-17-07, 08:08 PM
I 530 doesn't seem to handle corners much worse than a V, but handles bumps way better, it isn't floaty at all but it is so well dampened.

Krug Ford
03-17-07, 08:19 PM
I have had people trade in the 530 for a CTS-V and they were happier..

Every person has their own favorite..

1fstkde
03-17-07, 08:27 PM
Did you have a 545?
no, had the 530.. i love the handling on the v..if you get the optional Sport Package ($2,800) on the bmw its still not close at the track to the v..dont get me wrong the 530, 545 is a great car, i just got bored really quick unlike my v..

dqw1
03-17-07, 09:17 PM
I thought you going to say you were getting one of those AMG thangs.

wicked v
03-17-07, 09:28 PM
A friend at work has one. Its a nice car but I was surprised of the rattles it had when I went for a ride. The V is also much faster. He was shocked when I blew his doors off!

SoSueMe
03-17-07, 09:49 PM
the beamer is nice, but just stay out of the fast lane...

StealthCTSVJJL
03-17-07, 10:02 PM
I previously had a Mercedes CLK430 and it doesn't even come close to the V, the 545 6 speed is decently quick but even the new 550i is no match for the V. BTW my Merc had plenty of little rattles, and big ones from the catalysts which broke three times, the last out of warranty, when they break they make your car sound like a rattling heap from the outside. Every car has its strong and weak points. Had plenty of reliability issues from coil packs to eletrical glitches.
The V is a special car no doubt, and sometimes special cars have more problems than regular cars, but the 400HP makes up for a lot!

04CTSVFLA
03-17-07, 10:20 PM
if its the five series....change the title to more quality but slower....if m5....better suits the title i guess.

JimmyH
03-17-07, 10:22 PM
Never drove a 5-series, but I have driven 3-series, and they are WAY overrated.

As far as quality I'm not saying the CTS-V is better, but every manufacturer has it's share of problems. BMW is no exception.

gergreg
03-17-07, 10:41 PM
Well actually, I'm going to be slapping a bunch of dynamat in the car and see how that does. If I can get the shifter clunk + drivetrain moving while shifting and get rid of the majority of rattles, I will be happy with the V. If the dealer refuses to fix the diff. and the transmission and if it's still rattly with the dyna, I'm dumping it.

Toxic
03-18-07, 07:56 PM
You should not be buying performance cars, go buy a soft riding luxo-barge you will be happier.

2004ctsv
03-18-07, 09:15 PM
And buy some cheese to go with that whine

gergreg
03-19-07, 08:14 AM
The differential whine? Nah, I'll pass on that. I own a GTO also and it is of a far higher quality car than the CTS on all levels. The only reason I got this was for the better sound, heated seats and navigation. There is no drivetrain slop in the GTO and it's nearly half the price of the CTS-V.

Kadonny
03-19-07, 10:05 AM
Be prepared to pay about 15k more for the 550 also. Do yourself a favor, plunk down a little more and go M5, it's well worth it.

And I drove a 550. It handled wonderfully and had good acceleration. I bet it's only a tick slower than the V.

The Tony Show
03-19-07, 10:41 AM
In my opinion, the only car I'd replace the V with is an Audi RS4. Very sweet interior, excellent performance and good, muscular looks. It's a little steep on the price, and I have no intentions of replacing the V soon, just thought I'd toss my $.02 in here.

RobertCTS
03-19-07, 11:13 AM
Well actually, I'm going to be slapping a bunch of dynamat in the car and see how that does. If I can get the shifter clunk + drivetrain moving while shifting and get rid of the majority of rattles, I will be happy with the V. If the dealer refuses to fix the diff. and the transmission and if it's still rattly with the dyna, I'm dumping it.

Some guys like Urb love the Dynamat!!!!!:eek:

http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/dynamat.jpg

pimpcaddy
03-19-07, 11:19 AM
The RS4 would be nice. But if I had to replace the V, I would opt for a Gallardo. BTW, are you selling off any accessories that you bought for the V?

Dave

04CTSVFLA
03-19-07, 12:23 PM
a Gallardo

yea cause thats reasonable??? Lmao theres only like a 200k price difference.

pimpcaddy
03-19-07, 01:29 PM
yea cause thats reasonable??? Lmao theres only like a 200k price difference.

Trying to be sarcastic. I am very happy with the V. Price difference is approximately $150k.

Seattle CTS-V
03-19-07, 05:21 PM
I got to drive M5's and M6's at the BMW ///M school in South Carolina a couple months ago. Amazing cars out of the box but I'm pretty sure I'd walk one pretty easily on the track w/ the current setup. The torque is quite pathetic on those V10's after hooking up the V w/ Maggie.

And while overall pretty nice, they have some pretty uninspiring interiors for cars that cost $90k+.

onebadcad
03-19-07, 06:07 PM
The RS4 would be nice. But if I had to replace the V, I would opt for a Gallardo. BTW, are you selling off any accessories that you bought for the V?

Gallardos are overrated and overpriced in my opinion; the Murcielago is the end-all. For $200K you can get the following:

1) Used-V, go with 408 Stroker, ProCharger, run 12psi, Heads and Cam and kick its butt down the dragstrip
2) New C6Z, TTs, looks meaner (in black of course), annihilate its butt in every way-dragstip, road course, autocross, etc...
3) New Ford F-350, 4WD, King Cab, run over its butt

You will still have a few dollars left to buy the G owner some crying towels.

The Tony Show
03-19-07, 08:22 PM
Gallardos are overrated and overpriced in my opinion; the Murcielago is the end-all. For $200K you can get the following:

1) Used-V, go with 408 Stroker, ProCharger, run 12psi, Heads and Cam and kick its butt down the dragstrip
2) New C6Z, TTs, looks meaner (in black of course), annihilate its butt in every way-dragstip, road course, autocross, etc...
3) New Ford F-350, 4WD, King Cab, run over its butt

You will still have a few dollars left to buy the G owner some crying towels.

This is a great post. Too funny.

moldowan
03-19-07, 11:41 PM
I got rid of my V for an cls amg.
I still miss the v's handeling thou...and the sound of the corsa exhaust!!!!!
what I don't miss is the the poor general quality of the V.
the luxury of the merc is nice too.

Thello
03-20-07, 06:40 AM
Somedays I get worked up about the interior quality as well, but then remind myself that the CTS-V got the important stuff right.

How about an STS-V if you want interior quality? I've seriously been considering one and the interior is very good with amazingly tight fit tolerances and features. You can get a "new" '06 for alot less than any BMW 5 series now. I don't hear those guys complaining about the drivetrain, interior, etc...

Kadonny
03-20-07, 07:52 AM
Somedays I get worked up about the interior quality as well, but then remind myself that the CTS-V got the important stuff right.

How about an STS-V if you want interior quality? I've seriously been considering one and the interior is very good with amazingly tight fit tolerances and features. You can get a "new" '06 for alot less than any BMW 5 series now. I don't hear those guys complaining about the drivetrain, interior, etc...

No complaints here.

ctsvflorida
03-20-07, 08:13 AM
My friends, a couple, love my car but didn't want to shift so they got a 530 Bimmer and HATE it! Looks are good and ride is very good but they hate it! I told them they would but...

The guy who got the CLS55...good choice! That thing is fast and cool and I am not a handling guy so it means zero to me. Great choice!

M5 is cool but you will spend some dough, just as the CLS55 but it is a cool car as my buddy had one and sold it! Obviously he wasn't crazy about it but loved the speed. Why did he trade it in? He just wanted the ZO6 and now has that! He loves it but it is apples to oranges in this convo...just like the Gallardo thing!

One more time, if you like to go fast, who'll hate the Bimmer if it is not an M car. How about the new M3? Supposed to be pretty fast but small!

V-Smooth
03-20-07, 11:50 AM
And buy some cheese to go with that whine

...and some crackers for that matter too! :thumbsup:

4-door bang for buck aspect you can't go wrong with the V. Every car has issues, some more than others. Of course, then some manufactuerers put underrated diff's in their high-performance sports-model sedans. Still love my V though!

Hold onto to it until the LS7-V comes out in '09...then trade it in. IMO

ctsvflorida
03-20-07, 11:57 AM
Hold onto to it until the LS7-V comes out in '09...then trade it in. IMO

...for $15k! LOL

HiTechRV
03-20-07, 03:11 PM
I think the best replacement for a V will be the rumored factory small block super charged V. In fact if there is a non-SC version that might still fill the bill. The new CTS interior sounds like what the poster is looking for. If you are really willing to settle for the lower performance Bimmer, look at the 300 hp 2008 CTS. Probably similar performance, better interior, better price.

gergreg
03-24-07, 04:41 PM
I have about 31k miles on my 05 right now. The clutch progression is just......weird. While disengaging it it almost stalls out near the floor then catches again. Also, it's pretty hard to put it into gear while the car is in motion. I have driven this car hard probably 3 times, however I am 19 so a dealer is going to assume that I do not know how to drive a manual and do burnouts everyday. I work at a parking lot and drove a 04 V and the clutch was perfect, he said the only prob that he's had with the thing was the diff bushing, which was warranty replaced. Does this sound like the flywheel is loose? Also, if there is a prob in there, would they replace the clutch if the looseness prematurely wore it?

Koooop
03-24-07, 04:47 PM
Get the TSB regarding the clutch pedal sticking to the floor at high RPM, if your car fits in the VIN# cars that were affected, us that. I got a new clutch with it.

gergreg
03-24-07, 05:11 PM
The ****ing GM lawyers had the TSB info removed from cadillacfaq.com. My clutch pedal doesn't get stuck on the floor though.

rand49er
03-24-07, 05:24 PM
I don't know if it's the same TSB, but several guys had clutches that didn't fully disengage from the flywheel causing difficulty shifting. Dealer should repair no questions asked ... I don't care if you just turned sixteen yesterday!

Do a search here to find out where. I would, but I'm getting too hungry and gotta get some grub.:~fridge:

gergreg
03-24-07, 05:31 PM
Well then, time for a new dealer. I took it in before and complained about the shifting difficulty and they said it was normal for a performance car. I have a GTO too and it doesn't have that prob.

I don't know if it's the same TSB, but several guys had clutches that didn't fully disengage from the flywheel causing difficulty shifting. Dealer should repair no questions asked ... I don't care if you just turned sixteen yesterday!

Do a search here to find out where. I would, but I'm getting too hungry and gotta get some grub.:~fridge:

bjohnso0
03-24-07, 05:56 PM
Sounds like it is in the hydraulics. The slave cylinder is inside of the bell housing with the bearing on it. They are famous for going out. When it goes out the clutch doesn't disengage completely making it hard to shift. I think there is a TSB for this as well. ???

Koooop
03-25-07, 12:11 AM

Just to damn honest for your own good.

There are threads here that contain the TSB info for that issue.

USE IT!

ctsvett
03-25-07, 12:25 AM
there may be hot spots on the fly wheel.. To be honest, I had a similar issue with my car.. they ended up repalcing the slave cylinder, flywheel and clutch to fix it.. They still could not tell me what was wrong.. They sent the parts back to GM though...

I'll check for new updated TSBs and shoot you a PM if I find anything (but you need to wait a day or two cause I am out of town for work)

Reed

gergreg
03-29-07, 04:27 PM
I'm planning on slapping it on ebay probably mid-march, hopefully I can get at least 31 or so. This car performs amazingly, but I just can't deal with the build quality. I know some of you will say yours never rattled etc, you probably live in sunny California with no potholes to be found. I have a new rattle or creak practically everyday. I know they can be fixed by the dealer, but it's not worth it. The drivetrain feels like a truck's, the clutch feels like it has parkinsons when youre disengaging it and the transmission itself jiggles over bumps and while shifting it. I am taking it in next Wednesday to get those things fixed, but if they again say that the tranny feel is correct again or whatever I'll be getting a 335 or a 550/545 at the end of the summer.

lunarx
03-29-07, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems.
BTW - SoCal is full of bad roads

I'm wondering if the 335 is really a good alternative to a V.
335 is a smaller car but not much lighter and with less power.
They would also require an LSD upgrade as they don't have LSD stock.

Anyone gone the 335 way and been happy?

I agree that the V feels clunky when parading around.
However when driven hard it becomes very satisfying.

For those who did the UUC LWFW (which emininates the sprung hub) does it help with the clunky engagement/dis-engagement?.

I still have to install mine.

gergreg
03-29-07, 05:06 PM
If I could completely eliminate the crappy drivetrain feel and get dynamat installed for a around $1k ill keep it. I just drove a 25 year ann. S4 only 250 in the world and it felt so much more together than the V. The drivetrain was absolutely perfect, bumps were smoother... it was fantastic. Oh and I agree that the V feels great when driving it hard, but driving to college and to work I can't be powersliding all the way there. You have to be able to relax in a car too.

ctsvflorida
03-29-07, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems.
BTW - SoCal is full of bad roads

I'm wondering if the 335 is really a good alternative to a V.
335 is a smaller car but not much lighter and with less power.
They would also require an LSD upgrade as they don't have LSD stock.

For those who did the UUC LWFW (which emininates the sprung hub) does it help with the clunky engagement/dis-engagement?.

I still have to install mine.

This is funny because mine is sitting in my garage as we speak! I have heard that it is a world of difference and far less clunk if any! Maybe Tony will chime in on his replacement set up, (not UUC but similar) he says it was the best thing he did! I have heard from others as well!

ctsvflorida
03-29-07, 05:15 PM
If I could completely eliminate the crappy drivetrain feel and get dynamat installed for a around $1k ill keep it. I just drove a 25 year ann. S4 only 250 in the world and it felt so much more together than the V. The drivetrain was absolutely perfect, bumps were smoother... it was fantastic. Oh and I agree that the V feels great when driving it hard, but driving to college and to work I can't be powersliding all the way there. You have to be able to relax in a car too.

I must admit that yours sounds like a POS, no offense! I would sell it too but if you drove mine...you're thoughts would be different and I have 31k mi.

In saying that, get anything else and put it through the roads you must drive on and 31k mi. later, it will be a POS too!

V-Smooth
03-29-07, 06:07 PM
I'm sure Audi's have their problems too. The grass is not always greener...

But, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having, that's a bummer. Do what you gotta do.

CVP33
03-29-07, 06:15 PM
I know I got unlucky with my V's. No one has had as many problems as I have. I hit bottom when I had to be pushed out of a parking space by co-workers because my 2nd rebuilt transmission wouldn't shift into reverse. That was it for me.

I also know I got very lucky with my SRT-8. I drive it just as hard as the V, if not harder and it never let me down. In all honesty I probably drive the SRT-8 harder because I've never had a failure I have a false sense of security. I say "false" because EVERY car has it's limits.

OldRoadDawg
03-29-07, 06:19 PM
I know some of you will say yours never rattled etc, you probably live in sunny California with no potholes to be found.

Got 27K on mine. 99% of the mileage is on PA roads (w/FG2 shocks). No rattles. For that matter, with the exception of the sail panels, no warranty work either. Just oil changes and (groan) tires.

SoCal-VEE
03-29-07, 07:13 PM
I just drove a 25 year ann. S4 only 250 in the world and it felt so much more together than the V. The drivetrain was absolutely perfect, bumps were smoother... it was fantastic. Oh and I agree that the V feels great when driving it hard, but driving to college and to work I can't be powersliding all the way there. You have to be able to relax in a car too.

I hear ya.......I just sold my 2006 S4 and you're absolutely right they're unbelievable cars. I almost bought a 25th ann just before i bought my V. But the V and S4 are just different animals. The S4 is a truly world class sports saloon with the refinement, fit and finish and all around performance that we've come to expect from the Germans. But on the other hand, I love the V. I see it as a 4 door corvette. OK, a bit short on the refinement & build quality but definitely a powerful machine with a ton of untapped potential. With the right mixture of mods you have a car with razor sharp handling and super car performance. But yes reliability is also a big issue. It's going to take some time for GM to get the recipe just right.......hopefully the upcoming 09 V is that much closer. After all, Audi and BMW have been playing in this market for some 30+ years and GM has only really just started.

z06bigbird
03-29-07, 07:41 PM
I'm planning on slapping it on ebay probably mid-march, hopefully I can get at least 31 or so. This car performs amazingly, but I just can't deal with the build quality. I know some of you will say yours never rattled etc, you probably live in sunny California with no potholes to be found. I have a new rattle or creak practically everyday. I know they can be fixed by the dealer, but it's not worth it. The drivetrain feels like a truck's, the clutch feels like it has parkinsons when youre disengaging it and the transmission itself jiggles over bumps and while shifting it. I am taking it in next Wednesday to get those things fixed, but if they again say that the tranny feel is correct again or whatever I'll be getting a 335 or a 550/545 at the end of the summer.

If you do not need the back seat, I recommend a 2004 C-5 Z06 still under GM warranty. There are bunches out there with 10 k miles on them. Price in the low 40s. Cheaper next winter.

Ed

gergreg
03-29-07, 10:27 PM
Corvettes are made even worse haha.

If you do not need the back seat, I recommend a 2004 C-5 Z06 still under GM warranty. There are bunches out there with 10 k miles on them. Price in the low 40s. Cheaper next winter.

Ed

andy92782
03-30-07, 01:03 PM

I had to have my V bought back under the lemon law late last year and I replaced it with a 335i.

The 335 isn't as fast in a straight line but frankly it's better in every other way. It feels as if it's built from a solid block of steel and it has that ride/handling compromise that only BMW seems to be able to figure out. The build quality/interior materials are an order of magnitude nicer than the V's. People like to rag on the 3-series as having a tight back seat but frankly the CTS's isn't much better; I had 6-foot friends who had to duck their heads in the CTS. I'm curious to see how the '08 CTS interior stacks up.

You can do what I did and get your 335 on European Delivery. You get to break it in on the German Autobahn at triple digit speeds legally and you save money in the process due to a tax loophole. My car is basically loaded with all options and the lease payment is about $150/mo less than the V's lease was.

I loved flogging the V and how it could bark rubber on a 2-3 shift but for something to live with on a daily basis, the 335 is a much better overall package.

Good luck to all!

lunarx
03-30-07, 02:43 PM
...get your 335 on European Delivery. You get to break it in on the German Autobahn at triple digit speeds legally and you save money in the process due to a tax loophole. ...
Good luck to all!

Would you mind elaborating on that?
Do you live in Europe of the States?

The Tony Show
03-30-07, 03:12 PM
I've been waiting for this thread for a while now. I'm sorry to hear about your problems, but I can't say I'll miss the constant negativity about Cadillac and GM in your posts. I've known you'd get rid of this car for months now, as you obviously just aren't happy.

I hope you have better luck with your next vehicle.

andy92782
03-30-07, 05:42 PM
Would you mind elaborating on that?
Do you live in Europe of the States?

These links will get you started:
http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

In a nutshell, you order the car at your US dealer, then fly to Munich to pick it up once it's produced. They give you a week's worth of insurance to drive it around in Europe on vacation. Then you drop it off, fly home and they ship it back to the US to the dealer you ordered it at. It's a US-spec car, just like one you'd buy here. Plus they discount them due to an import tax loophole.

They've actually been doing this for years but nobody knows about it. Car salezmen would rather move something off their lot than order you a new one so they don't promote it. Plus it takes a long time (8+ weeks from time to order until pickup and then another 6-8 weeks after you drop it off for it to get shipped home). But if you can deal with that...highly recommended. BTW, one of the things I did there was take a guided tour of the factory in Munich that builds the 3-series. Really impressive stuff. That place was so clean you can eat off the floor.

lunarx
03-30-07, 06:08 PM
Sounds really fun :thumbsup:

I heard about it but never knew it was actually cheaper too.
Thanks for the info.

Silver Dollar
03-31-07, 08:24 AM
I seem to recall receiving an email from a guy in Nigeria about this deal.

gergreg
03-31-07, 11:35 PM
If any of you have read my posts I have been airing my dissatisfaction with my V (particularly in the clunkiness of shifting and sounds from rear end), however, a quick look around at other cars has sent me right back to where I was running from - the V. S4 too small and you can't have tail out fun with it, the M3 not as inviting interior etc. Anyway, I'm thinking about selling my 05 and getting a lease on an 07, but prior to doing so I want to ask if 2007's feel better in the drivetrain department. I read that they used carbon crap in the shift gates for crisper shifts, does the shifting feel better relative to older V's? They replaced the diff, does that get rid of the read clunking? And I heard something about the LS2 leaking oil, do any of you have probs with that? And how does the feel of the LS2 compare to the LS6. Also, I love the sound of the LS6 for it isn't burbly stock, it's more exotic sounding that my LS1 GTO, does the LS2 sound more muscle car like? Currently my dealer doesn't have an 07 in stock so I'd rather ask you guys before I ordered one.

SoCal-VEE
04-01-07, 12:01 AM
Sorry.....never driven or been in an 04-05 V. I'd be interested in knowing the difference thought.

ctsv400hp
04-02-07, 12:57 AM
mine drives fine but if your haveing so many problems get rid of it

kgoch
04-02-07, 06:34 AM
I have 32,000 PA road miles on my 04 V and no rattles. Had a Audi S4 before and the V is just as quiet, much faster and with the UUC shifter it shifts much better than the Audi. My wife had a A4 and after 50,000 it started using oil, had computer problems, so she traded on a new XLR. Very happy with both Caddies.

gergreg
04-02-07, 02:26 PM
What kind of S4? The Biturbo V6 or the new V8? I know the V will monster the S4 in a straight line, but around a track the S4 makes up for that with the quattro system. Also, do you have the FG2(?) sport suspension? I would guess that if you don't that is probably why you don't have any rattles. I also have an extremely annoying creak in my steering column that apparently goes away everytime I goto the dealers to get it fixed. Every problem I have that I want to get fixed goes away by the time I go to drop it off: my cd player would crackle and hiss after 10 mins of play, now that I'm dropping it off this Wed. it is gone, my sunroof was rattling like a s.o.b when I made the appointment, now completely gone. Drives me crazy. Ill let you guys know if they fix the moving transmission-while-shifting-while-moving problem and the weird clutch takeoff problem.

V-Max
04-02-07, 03:34 PM
What kind of S4? The Biturbo V6 or the new V8? I know the V will monster the S4 in a straight line, but around a track the S4 makes up for that with the quattro system. Also, do you have the FG2(?) sport suspension? I would guess that if you don't that is probably why you don't have any rattles. I also have an extremely annoying creak in my steering column that apparently goes away everytime I goto the dealers to get it fixed. Every problem I have that I want to get fixed goes away by the time I go to drop it off: my cd player would crackle and hiss after 10 mins of play, now that I'm dropping it off this Wed. it is gone, my sunroof was rattling like a s.o.b when I made the appointment, now completely gone. Drives me crazy. Ill let you guys know if they fix the moving transmission-while-shifting-while-moving problem and the weird clutch takeoff problem.

Sounds like "characteristics" of a car to me. I've owned German, Swedish, and obviously American couple of each and can vouch for each for having their quirks. Depends how long you keep your rides as the modern day foreign will eat you up in out of warranty expenses.

Norm

gergreg
04-02-07, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't say that a differential waiting to fall apart is a quirk.

Silver Dollar
04-02-07, 04:21 PM
I also wouldn't say that a car that bursts into flames is a quirk either but that's what my old Trimuph did and I seem to recall it being called a "quirk".

Seattle CTS-V
04-02-07, 04:30 PM
I've never had a problem with S4's on the road course...so far. AWD makes mediocare drivers looks great on the track but great drivers in a RWD car can usually go faster. There's just typically better weight distribution, less power loss to the wheels and less understeer. Now, being that I'm not a GREAT driver, I'm sure I'll have an S4 show me some taillights in the near future.

SoCal-VEE
04-02-07, 07:07 PM
I had a 2005.5 S4 AWD and never had any of the problems I've been reading about on the V forum...none. And mine was nicely modded too: chipped, full custom exhaust - downpipes & catback, H-Sport sway bars, Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, CAI, short shifter, OZ light weight racing wheels with Michelin PS2's. A dream to drive........no rattles or squeaks, no problems with the transmission-engine-drivetrain just regular maintenance. A real gem.....beautifully built and real solid. But i never keep a car very long so if the V starts giving me a real headache i'll sell it. There's lots of really nice cars out there if the V doesn't live up to my expectations. For now i'm happy with the V and just slowly starting to add some mods. We'll see.

ctsvflorida
04-02-07, 07:26 PM

Could it be ghosts? Shrugged shoulder.

About your dif post: The differentials are bad, we know this, but being that I street race all the time and certainly bang gears, have a few mods that produce a little more HP than average and have 32k mi. and haven't blown a rear yet, this must tell some people something! There are others with maggies that have blown one rear or NONE! Let's say that it is the driver mainly and the rears can't handle severe abuse as some other cars can! Or...can you explain why my rear has held together!? Don't get me wrong, one changed for light noise, yes light noise and this one is making a little noise now! Not the end of the world but a little noise again and it is only at like 42-45 mph! I will bet that your next performance car either blows the tranny or rear as well and that car will be a POS too! Let's see! Hmmmmm

gergreg
04-02-07, 08:44 PM
I just think that American cars are built to be disposable and German cars are built to remain solid over the years. Drive a 2000 Audi and a 2000 Cadillac and tell me which one feels more together and solid.

V-Max
04-02-07, 09:03 PM
Let's talk about V6 AMG motors costing over $30K to replace. Just a lonely hand built V6. M3s 3.2l had a batch with poor bearing clearance, early V8 S4s were shortened engines compared to the A8s that had their teething and I personally know friends who had numerous gearbox problems. Another friend had to replace a clutch in his 2000 M5 that went into the thousands out of warranty. He drive an A6TT now. And some of you complain about a $1500 differential? The most expensive components are the engine and trans which are definitely not at the top when it comes to the complaints department. Probably followed by modern day electrical systems.

Buy an extended warranty if you must or just think of repairs as a car payment. Or go drive a Jap car if worried about little niggles. You'll just have to take a 25% power reduction.

Norm

gergreg
04-02-07, 09:46 PM
M3 3.2s probably the first year of production though, correct? And early V8 S4's a 2005 isnt an early CTS-V.

gergreg
04-02-07, 09:56 PM
Are you talking about the C32 being the AMG V6? That's probably why it was replaced by the 5.5 litre. Jap cars have crap plastics too for the most part. Hell last generation Mercedes S-Classes have crap plastics, the new S's, however, have fantastic interiors. I just want you to tell me 3 interior bits in the CTS cabin that feel high quality to you. Is it the huge hollow volume button? The hollow buttons on the steering wheel? The hard plastic on top of the nav?

Albertan
04-02-07, 11:15 PM
Guys, when you start talking about plastics in cars you are talking about something I know. I can tell you that pretty much ALL dash systems are injection molded plastics. Most hard plastic is ABS of various grades. The finish depends on what the manufacturer spec'd. The padded parts are most likely a TPU material with a back filling of a foamed RIM material. Also most dashes are subbed out to tier one manufacturers who do the entire dash, controls etc.
I had an article on the Audi dash awhile back. As far as fit, that depends on how well the 3D cad program operator works and what the manufacturer is willing to accept. And it isn't much misalignment.
If anyone doesn't like plastics in cars, I would suggest going back to my 56 Chev, not much plastic. Nice firm dash probably wouldn't even dent in when a head smashes into it. Then again, my dad had one that he ran 107,000 miles and thought it was something special. Heck, I have that on my truck and haven't changed the plugs, brakes or tires yet. Any car these days is pretty good but there will always be problems with any vehicle.
By the way, I'm going to Munich this summer, the BMW factory tours are booked up 6 months in advance so I missed out.

z06bigbird
04-03-07, 12:02 AM
I put my money on vettes.

Ed

gergreg
04-03-07, 02:29 PM
While there are plastics, they are ways to make the plastic feel high quality: i.e. use less amounts of it, break it up with wood or aluminum or coat it in rubber. The CTS dashboard is basically entirely plastic. I really like the passenger side rubber stuff I must admit, but the whole center console is made of crap plastic and so is the radio/nav/center dash. And the 'wood' trim that Cadillac puts around the radios on some of the CTS is just laughable. And as far as sportiness goes, I would say that GM went 3/4 ass on the V. FG2 suspension is fantastic, she shift knob is light so as to require less effort (luxury sake) and the wheel is huge (luxury sake, bad for track use) . I'd love to find a smaller, thicker bolstered steering wheel with a Cadillac or a V emblem on it that still had all of the buttons on it.

V-Max
04-03-07, 04:03 PM
Why not look at a maserati quattroporte. Semi hacd crafted interior and definitely one ups manship on a S-class.

Norm

lunarx
04-03-07, 04:25 PM
How do you know when you are getting old?
When an interior means more to you than what's under the hood. :crybaby:
We all know there are cars costing the same as a V with better interiors.
However, we bought our V's for their performance not their interior ammenities (compared to cars in their price range).
Ammenities are not that bad either as plenty of the non-performance CTS's got sold and their owners are happy enough for what they paid.

That said, I sure do like the Recaro seats on the S4. :thumbsup:
However, I will still take the V over an S4 anyday.
I would could not handle driving an S4 and getting smoked by a Cadillac.
Of course I would love to own an RS4 but perhaps the Nissan Skyline might be a better choice when it finally gets sold in th US in a couple of years.

gergreg
04-03-07, 05:41 PM
I'm 19 dude. I'm not exactly in the market for a walker. I just enjoy quality products. I like Swiss watches, expensive cigars, and well made cars. The CTS-V is like a Philly Blunt with cocaine in it with a gold band for the ostentatious look. If you put performance and bang for the buck before interior quality, you should have went for an EVO MR.

GMBOUND
04-03-07, 05:56 PM
:bigroll:

GMBOUND
04-03-07, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=gergreg;1036604]I'm 19 dude. I'm not exactly in the market for a walker. I just enjoy quality products. I like Swiss watches, expensive cigars, and well made cars. The CTS-V is like a Philly Blunt with cocaine in it with a gold band for the ostentatious look. QUOTE]

19 yrs old??? Did you even have a license when you bought the V?
Are you pharmicist? We wont tell.

gergreg
04-03-07, 05:59 PM
I have a GTO also, and no I'm not a 'pharmacist', I park cars in Pittsburgh. I'm not paying for school so I just spend all of my money on cars. I had my license when I was 16 so I hope that answers your question.

GMBOUND
04-03-07, 06:03 PM
Ok, I had my license at 16 too but I pushed a 4 banger till I got to college.
That's when I started moving up. By time you 30 you're going to be bored with a Bentley.

Well I'm looking for a little extra cash for all the mods I'm interested in. Where's a good place to park cars on the weekends? Who gives the best tips?
What's the longest that you've took a customer's car for a little spin?

gergreg
04-03-07, 06:06 PM
I don't know where you live so I can't recommend anything to you, but I work across from a 5* restaurant, so that helps. I've driven an M5 for about 10 mins and a Bentley Flying Spur for probably 5 mins. You're probably right about my future with cars, I should probably learn to overlook small things or I'm going to live a miserable life ;).

V-Max
04-03-07, 06:16 PM
I'm 19 dude. I'm not exactly in the market for a walker. I just enjoy quality products. I like Swiss watches, expensive cigars, and well made cars. The CTS-V is like a Philly Blunt with cocaine in it with a gold band for the ostentatious look. If you put performance and bang for the buck before interior quality, you should have went for an EVO MR.

Not at all fair to compare Cadillac interior to a $15K econobox with a buzz bomb under the hood. Sure 4-door and 400, 600, or 800 horsepower sounds neat but most guys don't drive high boosted 4-bangers for more than a few years then trade up.

If I were you I'd be looking for some type of sports car.

Norm

gergreg
04-03-07, 06:19 PM
Huh? I never compared the cadillac to the EVO, I told the guy that told me that he 'doesn't worry about interiors and only the performance' that he shoulda got a MR as it will kill most V's on a track.

GMBOUND
04-03-07, 06:28 PM
Yep, you lost me too...
I spoke of 4 banger because that's what I had @ 19 before I was rearended and moved up to my first V6.

gergreg
04-03-07, 06:34 PM
I had a 4 banger Geo Prizm until I screwed up a handbrake turn on a gravel road - released the handbrake way too early and it snapped back; that coupled with no powersteering left me hapless hah. A strategically placed telephone pole probably saved my life.

lunarx
04-03-07, 07:18 PM
Huh? I never compared the cadillac to the EVO, I told the guy that told me that he 'doesn't worry about interiors and only the performance' that he shoulda got a MR as it will kill most V's on a track.

I have a modded WRX and yes it kills V's, and even stock MR's (plus lots of other stuff) on the track.
Evo was just too rice for me, as I considered it.
I might consider the new EVO-X when it comes out.
I really only bought my V to have a fun stick shift car to daily drive on the street.
V fits that bill fine as I only crave more performance and not a nicer interior.
If the V was lighter and nimbler I'd take that over a fancy dash.

I do understand your Parking Valet Snobbery though. :)
It's only natural as you must certianly see so many nice cars on a daily basis.
If your profession was driving instructor, I'm sure your car priorities would be different.

Seriously though I understand and appreciate upscale cars and I have nothing against you or your comments.
I, however, really only envy the cars with high performance levels.

gergreg
04-03-07, 07:28 PM
I respect that. I really will love my V again if my dealer actually fixes my flywheel/clutch. I'm just pissed because the last time I took it in for this the dealer claimed that it was normal. So tomorrow I'm taking it in - if they get rid of my hard shifts and weird clutch disengagement, I will be happy again with the car and more than willing to overlook the subparious interior. Oh.. and I've driven the rare (only 250 ever made) 25quattro S4 and the V is definitely more nimble.

2004ctsv
04-03-07, 07:35 PM
I don't know where you live so I can't recommend anything to you, but I work across from a 5* restaurant, so that helps. I've driven an M5 for about 10 mins and a Bentley Flying Spur for probably 5 mins. You're probably right about my future with cars, I should probably learn to overlook small things or I'm going to live a miserable life ;).

I hope you're not the cornball at LeMont's who couldn't move my truck (w/ 5 spd) without stalling it twice. :thepan:

T

gergreg
04-03-07, 07:39 PM
No, I work on 9th and Penn. I've never owned an auto car either ;p.

I hope you're not the cornball at LeMont's who couldn't move my truck (w/ 5 spd) without stalling it twice. :thepan:

T

gergreg
04-03-07, 07:44 PM
Actually 2004CTSV, if my dealer doesnt fix my car and you are ever in Pittsburgh or w.e could you drive my car and tell me if my clutch feels goofy? I thought all V's felt like this until I drove a Black 2004 down here. Also, what dealer do you goto? I've been going to Rohrich, but I'm thinking about going to Baierl.

lunarx
04-03-07, 07:48 PM
Oh Yea, Better Dealer Network is another improvement needed before a nicer interior. :histeric:
The dealer experience is clearly painfull and does kill the joy of V ownership.

Good luck with your clutch and consider a UUC as many here have done.
Screw the drivetrain warranty, as you can see it's worthless anyways.
Your body & electrical warranty will still remain intact despite your mods.

GMBOUND
04-03-07, 07:57 PM
Actually 2004CTSV, if my dealer doesnt fix my car and you are ever in Pittsburgh or w.e could you drive my car and tell me if my clutch feels goofy? I thought all V's felt like this until I drove a Black 2004 down here. Also, what dealer do you goto? I've been going to Rohrich, but I'm thinking about going to Baierl.

Check you clutch pedal, you could've stepped in some gum and now you have gum on your pedal.:crybaby:

Don't laugh too hard. It just happened to me yesterday. Clutch was feeling very 'Sticky':alchi:

gergreg
04-03-07, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I just emailed a guy that works on BMWs and is a UUC dealer in Pittsburgh about getting the UUC Flywheel, shifter, and knob installed. On top of their unwillingness to fix my diff and tranny they won't give me a loaner either since I'm not 21 haha. So it's a pain in the ass going there only to get rejected.

gergreg
04-03-07, 07:59 PM
Check you clutch pedal, you could've stepped in some gum and now you have gum on your pedal.:crybaby:

Don't laugh too hard. It just happened to me yesterday. Clutch was feeling very 'Sticky':alchi:

No, its more like the clutch slips while disengaging or it is stuck to the flywheel.

Oh Yea, Better Dealer Network is another improvement needed before a nicer interior.
I emailed another dealer and asked if they are willing to work on a V drivetrain and if they have any experience on them...so far in a week and a half no reply.

2004ctsv
04-03-07, 08:18 PM
G

I go to Cochran in Monroeville. Ask for Frank at the Caddy/Saab service desk. He owns a 68 SS, is as old as I am and respects cars. He doesn't let the car jockeys move my car - he does it himself. I bought my daughter's 9-3 there and he takes car of it, too.

I'm heading to Beaverun on June 8 with a buddy who just bought a new GT3. Even w/ my s/c, he's going to kick my ass, specially through the turns. Actually, he'll see me in his sideview mirror cutting a lot wider arc than him. My 4000 pounds and 500 hp against his 3000 pounds and 400 hp. But the straights should be fun. Come on up for Flat Out Friday

T

edit addition - if you want good non-dealer work done locally, try Stropes in Washington, PA.

hd750
04-03-07, 10:12 PM
T,

G is probably related to an employee at a local dealer that got a speeding ticket on I-79 in my car.

I do not post much on this site but you might remember that we met a few years ago when we went up to Corsa and Mallet.

I have 65,000 miles on the car and my lease is up. This is by far the hardest car give up including my 94 Impala SS, and 2001 S4, no comparison. The V has soul and is still running great.

I might see you at Beaverun in June in my green car.

GO PENNS!

gergreg
04-04-07, 05:10 PM
So I go to take it in to the dealers today and asked to drive a technician around so I can SHOW him how the transmission moves while shifting while the car is moving and to let him listen to the clutch slap off of the flywheel when you dip the clutch while the car is moving and to let him hear the differential whining. I did this so they couldn't pull the 'we didnt find it' trick. I let the guy "Larry" shift through the gears while i was driving it. So anyway, we get back and he says this to the service manager 'Yeah I heard a little noise, he said that it is louder when it is warm outside" and starts walking away so I interject "Ummm and the trouble shifting through gears too, you felt it yourself..." and he just walks away as if I said nothing. I'll let you guys know if they actually fix this, if THAT is what they call normal, to hell with GM, it feels horrible.

lunarx
04-04-07, 05:18 PM
I feel your pain with dealers.
I don't see how GM can continue to sell cars with so many bad dealers out there.
Clearly lots of people have dropped GM because of this and more will follow.

You should considermaking the drive to Lindsay.
You are in PA right?

gergreg
04-04-07, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I might, but I'm so turned off to GM that I am looking at S4 leasing.

lunarx
04-04-07, 05:27 PM
Understandable.
At least get your V to Lindsay so you can sell it in good condition for the best possible money.

gergreg
04-04-07, 05:30 PM
I'll have to wait until the end of April as my semester isn't over yet, but that does sound like a good idea for sure. Just so I know I'm not crazy.... when you are going about 40 miles an hour and if you say shift back and forth between 3 and 4th or 2nd and third will your transmission rock and make banging noises? I just want to make sure that this isnt 'normal' before I get any angrier.

lunarx
04-04-07, 05:49 PM
I get a banging noise most of the time shifting 1st to 2nd.
I don't sense the transmission moving though.
The 2-3 upshift is usually bang free.

If I don't rev match I will definetly get the banging noises on 3-2 downshifts.
I never downsift to 1st excet in heavy traffic when going very slow.

I would get your car to Lindsay as they will make it 100% good again.
I'm sure there is something abnormal about your car that can be fixed.

BTW my brand new WRX had similar driveline lash.
My 1st mod was replacing all engine, tranny, differential & cradle mounts with stiffer Group-N rally pieces.
It got rid of the anoying driveline lash.
Unfortunately stiffer mounts are not available for the V or I would have them too.
I hate driveline lash. :thepan:

As I am sure you heard it's the recoil in the V's rubberized driveshaft causing the banging noises.
You can learn to drive the V smoothly and minimize the banging.
It's funny when I let people drive my V and they bang and lurch like 15 year old drivers education students. :tisk:

A visit to Lindsay will put yout mind at rest.
In the mean time, see if a fellow member will let you take their car for a spin to compare.

gergreg
04-04-07, 05:54 PM
No, no.... I mean while the clutch is engaged completely or it disengaged....the pedal is all the way to the floor. I can rev match to get a pretty smooth shift, but its just the actual moving of the shifter into the gear that is the clunky part, I got over the terrible clunk that can be defeated with rev matching months ago.

lunarx
04-04-07, 06:45 PM
The tranny is definetly notchy.
You are making me feel like I am in denial about having a lemon car. :alchi:

I will say that I experience some of what you are describing but it is at a level that is not very objectionable.

Your complaints are typical and perhaps the reason so many V owners say Shifter and Bushings should be your 1st mod.

I am also looking into improved tranny fluid.
Good tranny fluids made a big improvement on my WRX and TT RX-7.
I have issues with the fact the V specifies watery thin ATF in the tranny.
I'm considering Motul as something to try as it made my WRX shift like butter (far better than Neo fluid which was good too).

Either way you should get your car checked out by a real expert (Lindsay).
Keep us posted on how the repairs go.

hd750
04-04-07, 06:55 PM
I had my S4 in to the dealer 16 times and the V 2 times for recalls, good luck with the S4.

gergreg
04-04-07, 08:45 PM
I had my S4 in to the dealer 16 times and the V 2 times for recalls, good luck with the S4.

Was it the biturbo? Alot of guys on this forum had S4's and said they were solid and beautiful and didn't have probs. Those were the V8s.

Silver Dollar
04-04-07, 08:48 PM
Alot of guys on this forum had S4's and said they were solid and beautiful and didn't have probs......

Yeah, his forum name was Toysnot. Do a search........

hd750
04-04-07, 09:38 PM
My S4 was a Biturbo

gergreg
04-04-07, 09:41 PM
My S4 was a Biturbo

Yeah, which is why it was so unreliable, the new V8s are way more reliable.

hd750
04-04-07, 10:00 PM
Lease is up end of the month, currently 65K looking at an STS-V if I can buy at the right price...

gergreg
04-05-07, 12:32 PM
Do all V wheels have different/unique lock teeth or w.e on the lugs? My dealer called me and told me to bring them down so they could change them. I just assumed that there is a universal tooth setting.

GMBOUND
04-05-07, 12:55 PM
So I go to take it in to the dealers today and asked to drive a technician around so I can SHOW him how the transmission moves while shifting while the car is moving and to let him listen to the clutch slap off of the flywheel when you dip the clutch while the car is moving and to let him hear the differential whining. I did this so they couldn't pull the 'we didnt find it' trick. I let the guy "Larry" shift through the gears while i was driving it. So anyway, we get back and he says this to the service manager 'Yeah I heard a little noise, he said that it is louder when it is warm outside" and starts walking away so I interject "Ummm and the trouble shifting through gears too, you felt it yourself..." and he just walks away as if I said nothing. I'll let you guys know if they actually fix this, if THAT is what they call normal, to hell with GM, it feels horrible.

Get a mustache and a beard then, take it back to the dealer.:rant2:
Sounds like they're not taking you serious due to your age IMO.

I look a lot older than I am, when folks find out my age they start trippin.
I have a son you're age... I tell them, "great I have a dad your age!:highfive:

gergreg
04-05-07, 12:59 PM
Yeah, that is exactly the problem. I was getting loaners before until they discovered I am 19, they treat me diff now I must say. I went there earlier that day to ask if when I dropped it off I could drive with a technician and my advisor just said yes, but not now and took a call so I just stood there thinking he would tell me when they would be free.... I stood there for 5 mins, he said nothing so I just left.

Get a mustache and a beard then, take it back to the dealer.:rant2:
Sounds like they're not taking you serious due to your age IMO.

I look a lot older than I am, when folks find out my age they start trippin.
I have a son you're age... I tell them, "great I have a dad your age!:highfive:

Dreamin
04-05-07, 01:46 PM
They are not universal... the # of unique keys is posted somewhere... i think it's like 30 or 40.

Do you have the card?

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/wheellockrepl.html

gergreg
04-05-07, 04:11 PM
I found it so it's cool. Thanks though.

z06bigbird
04-05-07, 09:35 PM
Kind of like people, tons of different kinds.

Ed

gergreg
04-06-07, 10:51 AM
Yeah, so they're going to replace the differential, it's on order, but they didn't say anything about the horrible shifting. I'll let you guys know how the new diff is.

50 4Ever
04-06-07, 01:36 PM
Kind of like people, tons of different kinds.

Ed

Male & Female, sort of like the lug and key. :thumbsup:

gergreg
04-06-07, 02:11 PM
Male & Female, sort of like the lug and key. :thumbsup:

I believe you meant "Male & Female, sort of like the key and lug"

GMBOUND
04-06-07, 10:30 PM
Does the '06 come with wheel locks? I haven't taken my wheels off, but I'm pretty sure that I don't have locking lugs.

gergreg
04-07-07, 02:27 AM
I can't believe that my car was able to drive over a deer, the lip is like 2 inches off of the ground and a deer is about a foot in thickness (he was lying in the middle of the road), that's just amazing. The bumper lip is ripped, the lower mesh is fuct and my radiator was cracked. I JUST picked the car up today from the dealer for the diff, which they have on order and it was so beautiful, nice and washed. That's life I guess.

1QUICKV
04-07-07, 03:16 AM
it's always like that. You get you car running good and looking nice and it all falls apart.

explorer7700
04-07-07, 09:18 AM
I'm always on the lookout for deer where i live. I see deer all the time, it is like a gauntlet driving home from work in the evening.

RightTurn
04-07-07, 09:26 AM
What a bummer!! Sorry about ur baby! :( Oh, and glad ur ok!

ctsvflorida
04-07-07, 09:32 AM
Oh deer! That sucks! You should've made a RightTurn! Right Sarah?

gergreg
04-07-07, 09:38 AM
There was a Silverado in front of me which drove over it and I was about 30 feet behind him and when I saw the deer fly out from under it, it looked like a bag of confetti spilling on the road and I was doing about 55.

commander112
04-07-07, 10:26 AM
Could have been worse. He could have been standing there rather than laying flat.

Markb

lawfive
04-07-07, 10:34 AM
When I read the thread title, the obligatory Groucho response, "... and how a deer got in a V, I'll never know" popped into my head.

Sorry about your V, but it'll be like new soon.

ctsvflorida
04-07-07, 10:36 AM
Could have been worse. He could have been standing there rather than laying flat.

Markb

...or, it could've ended up in your back seat and starting kicking the windows out like in that movie with Chris Farley! LMAO

gergreg
04-07-07, 10:44 AM
...or, it could've ended up in your back seat and starting kicking the windows out like in that movie with Chris Farley! LMAO

Hahaha. Yeah, it definitely could have way worse, my insurance comp is only $100 so it's cool. Driving the GTO definitely makes me miss the luxury of the V.

RightTurn
04-07-07, 10:46 AM
Oh deer! That sucks! You should've made a RightTurn! Right Sarah?

Well... ya. :coffee:

Hi there Brian. :lol:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:37 PM
Awesome thank you. Have you guys attempted to get rid of the vent rattles or dont you have them. And yes, I put this question in here because I figured that the V-owners such as myself would be too snobby to answer a question as easy as this one. Regular CTS owners are more down to earth.You're a dink.

RobertCTS
04-19-07, 04:40 PM
You're a dink.

CQQL JIM. You were a big help. I see what he means!:rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:41 PM
Found (mostly) empty parking lot and touched up on my countersteering. The steering in our cars is simply incredible! By the end I was able to basically do circles around six or so cars. I'll record it next time, but for now I have no media. These cars are pretty sweet for daily driving, but when you drive them the way they are supposed to be driven, its best features come out.Yeah, the V's best feature is doing circles around 6 or so cars...

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:43 PM
Just another thread where dumbf**k asks a question and takes a hissy fit because she didn't get an answer in 47 minutes...during the day, no less. Tools abound.

The Tony Show
04-19-07, 04:50 PM
CQQL JIM. You were a big help. I see what he means!:rolleyes:

No Robert, this Gergreg guy is a Certified Bag of Douche. All he does is piss and moan about how shitty these cars are and how much we suck as a forum, but then wants everyone's help instantly when he posts.

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:52 PM
Between the crap drivetrain and the subpar interior quality, I am sick of the Cadillac. So I'm thinking about trading it in for a Bmw 545, hopefully 6speed. What do you guys think?You should always make big decisions when you're not suffering from PMS.

HushH
04-19-07, 04:53 PM
And the beat-down continues...:thepan:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:56 PM
I have about 31k miles on my 05 right now. The clutch progression is just......weird. While disengaging it it almost stalls out near the floor then catches again. Also, it's pretty hard to put it into gear while the car is in motion. I have driven this car hard probably 3 times, however I am 19 so a dealer is going to assume that I do not know how to drive a manual and do burnouts everyday. I work at a parking lot and drove a 04 V and the clutch was perfect, he said the only prob that he's had with the thing was the diff bushing, which was warranty replaced. Does this sound like the flywheel is loose? Also, if there is a prob in there, would they replace the clutch if the looseness prematurely wore it?Driven hard 3 times? That's probably when you...

1. Drifted the V and drove circles around 6 or so cars.
2. Drifted around in a snowy parking lot showing some M3.
3. When you got 5k, no 6k, in damage when hit at church.

If you never told us, I don't think there'd be any way I'd ever know you were 19...

bossplayer
04-19-07, 04:57 PM
Yeah, the V's best feature is doing circles around 6 or so cars...

Since I have one, and feel I will be missing out if I dont do this, what is it exactly?:alchi:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 04:57 PM
Ahhh, the decisions of a 19 year old boy with a rich daddy.

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 05:00 PM
I'm 19 dude. I'm not exactly in the market for a walker. I just enjoy quality products. I like Swiss watches, expensive cigars, and well made cars. The CTS-V is like a Philly Blunt with cocaine in it with a gold band for the ostentatious look. If you put performance and bang for the buck before interior quality, you should have went for an EVO MR.No need to comment here.:rolleyes:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 05:04 PM
There was a Silverado in front of me which drove over it and I was about 30 feet behind him and when I saw the deer fly out from under it, it looked like a bag of confetti spilling on the road and I was doing about 55.30ft back at 55mph = TOOL

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 05:11 PM
CQQL JIM. You were a big help. I see what he means!:rolleyes:Tell you what. Why don't you look around a little bit more and see that this little boy troll has been doing nothing but bad mouthing our cars and our forum.

If you take a close look at this thread, noone said anything derogatory until toolboy said another slur about the people on this forum. So I responded. If you want to be presumptuous, then go ahead. But you're not being objective and you're not helping anything.

But that's pretty typical of you. You're like a OJ's defense lawyers. You'll defend against the big bad system no matter what. No matter how much crap he spews, we can't be mean.

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:17 PM
Let's vote Ger out!

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:19 PM
Let's vote Ger out

CTSVelocity
04-19-07, 05:20 PM
Check the clutch fluid reservoir. I had an issue where my clutch was acting up only when the car wasn't warmed up... popped the hood and the clutch fluid was pretty near bone dry. Added some fluid and no problems since.

Ignore people that keep on referencing your age. I'm young too (not as young as you) but hell, I bought my V when I was 24, bought my house when I was 22-23 yet I sometimes also get misjudged and people have thought things are just handed to me. They don't know what I do for living though.

bossplayer
04-19-07, 05:21 PM
I have a feeling gergreg is getting searched for past posts.

:thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :thepan:

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:21 PM
Let's vote Ger out

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:22 PM
Let's vote Ger out

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:24 PM
Let's vote Ger out

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 05:28 PM
Check the clutch fluid reservoir. I had an issue where my clutch was acting up only when the car wasn't warmed up... popped the hood and the clutch fluid was pretty near bone dry. Added some fluid and no problems since.

Ignore people that keep on referencing your age. I'm young too (not as young as you) but hell, I bought my V when I was 24, bought my house when I was 22-23 yet I sometimes also get misjudged and people have thought things are just handed to me. They don't know what I do for living though.Being 19 = OK.
Being 19 + TOOL = NOT OK.

bossplayer
04-19-07, 05:29 PM
Let's vote Ger out

Agreed! Come on, first he likes the interior, then he hates it, the the GTO is the high end car.... cuz it isn't GM I guess.....

WTF ever, also never would have guessed the age.:thehand:

V-Max
04-19-07, 05:31 PM
Ahhh, the decisions of a 19 year old boy with a rich daddy.

Maybe his screen name is short for "Gerber Greg".

I guess we were all 19...once. :)

Norm

bossplayer
04-19-07, 05:35 PM
I think the topic of this thread would suit the purpose of removing ger from the forum. "VENT REMOVAL"

:highfive:

v-ape
04-19-07, 05:37 PM
Drivin in snoq is off the chain

TaVern
04-19-07, 05:39 PM
All hail Jim...
:worship: :worship: :worship:

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 05:40 PM
Agreed! Come on, first he likes the interior, then he hates it, the the GTO is the high end car.... cuz it isn't GM I guess.....

WTF ever, also never would have guessed the age.:thehand:Toolboy has also said he likes the luxury of the V over the GTO. Like I said, no postin' when the blood is flowin'.

Mtyone
04-19-07, 05:43 PM
Let's vote Ger out

+1 I wouldn't take 5 of the BMWs for my V, but hey that's just me. It fires my rocket, the the BMW didn't even light my fuse.:usflag:

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:44 PM
Let's vote this tool, err, troll outta here.

SoCal-VEE
04-19-07, 05:46 PM
Unreal....At 19 i was a poor engineering student driving a beat up honda civic and eating a lot of macaroni and cheese. And i thought i was one of the lucky one's b/c i didn't have to ride the bus..........

Mtyone
04-19-07, 05:50 PM
The V has character and I think the beamers are missing that IMHO. Without it there is an emptyness that kills all my desire of ownership.

dqw1
04-19-07, 05:52 PM
This Gerry could've done like a lot former V owners that moved on to another car-most left with class even if the were not satified, most are missed if they don't post anymore and are usually asked to stay on the forum when they tell us they plan to move on. That's when you know you've earned some respect when we ask you to report back on your new ride. CVP33 comes to mind and there's others. This troll is throwing nothing but rocks and I want to know if he even has a V.

bossplayer
04-19-07, 05:53 PM
pics please with a newspaper:stirpot:

SoCal-VEE
04-19-07, 05:59 PM
Don't you get the feeling that this guy is totally full of Schit? 19 and taking about buying S4's and M5's and leasing a new V??? He's a car jockey, right? Went back and read some of his posts and it just doesn't add up.

SkullV
04-19-07, 06:01 PM
I've only been on this forum for a month or so now and most people don't really know me...but I'm also pretty young like Greg (not that young)..but I don't understand how someone his age could even shit talk this car...this car is an amazing piece of machinery that many people twice his age could WISH to own..so Greg...if your really don't like it that much..then sell it...and if you do like it and you don't like us....then find a different forum!

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 06:03 PM
Must be daddy's V.

thebigjimsho
04-19-07, 06:12 PM
I've only been on this forum for a month or so now and most people don't really know me...but I'm also pretty young like Greg (not that young)..but I don't understand how someone his age could even shit talk this car...this car is an amazing piece of machinery that many people twice his age could WISH to own..so Greg...if your really don't like it that much..then sell it...and if you do like it and you don't like us....then find a different forum!Well said! Points for you!

SkullV
04-19-07, 06:17 PM
Well said! Points for you!

hahah Thanks Jim....I'm not sure what that means or what these points do...but I'm looking forward to talking to all you guys and meeting up at track days or something...the only racing I have ever done is in my 88 Camaro and I'd really like someone to teach me how to race on something that isn't a straight line!!

SkullV
04-19-07, 06:20 PM
Ramen is WAY better then macaroni and cheese for the price SoCal!

SkullV
04-19-07, 06:34 PM
Don't you get the feeling that this guy is totally full of Schit? 19 and taking about buying S4's and M5's and leasing a new V??? He's a car jockey, right? Went back and read some of his posts and it just doesn't add up.

:yeah:

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:39 PM
Do you want to see both of my cars? I have pics of the V with the deer feathers et al.

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:42 PM
Here you go:

http://www.pitt.edu/~gmn6/images/deer1.jpg
http://www.pitt.edu/~gmn6/images/deer2.jpg
http://www.pitt.edu/~gmn6/images/deer3.jpg

roadracerx72
04-19-07, 06:43 PM
I was kind of hoping to see some pics on this thread... Just curious what a V would look like if it hit a deer being from Michigan and all.

TaVern
04-19-07, 06:44 PM
Did you run over a deer or a porcupine?

SkullV
04-19-07, 06:44 PM
Do you want to see both of my cars? I have pics of the V with the deer feathers et al.

I don't think that is what anyone is talking about man....people are pissed at you because you are young...somehow have the funding to "own" some nice cars...and talk shit to people twice and three times your age....you catch more bees with honey buddy so stop talking so much shit and people around here won't respond to you like they do! :thumbsup:

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:45 PM
And this would be me and the GTO, this is a crop shot, I changed the background and did a shitty job.
http://www.pitt.edu/~gmn6/images/meandgto.jpg

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:47 PM
I know people are pissed because I am young and have the same cars as them, but it's not going to stop me from expressing my opinions.

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:48 PM
Did you run over a deer or a porcupine?

hahah, yeah it doesn't look like a deer accident, it was already lying on the road. it really isn't bad at all sheetmetal/plastic wise. new radiator, hoses, and underbody shielding.

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:52 PM
You guys are such losers and I can bet none of you got warnings for calling me a douche bag or anything, I got warned for calling people stupid.

roadracerx72
04-19-07, 06:53 PM
What's the estimate on the V getting repaired if you don't mind?

gergreg
04-19-07, 06:54 PM
$2,565. I took it to a dealer that is Allstate certified so they are going to use a reconditioned front bumper instead of a new one, I guess to save Allstate some cash.

ahahnu
04-19-07, 06:56 PM
Jim = Greg Hater. Moved on from Hemis.

roadracerx72
04-19-07, 06:59 PM
Reconditioned?? I don't like the sound of that. I would look at that real close before driving off.

gergreg
04-19-07, 07:03 PM
I know, I wasn't too happy about the reconditioned part, but there wasn't much I could do about it, I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'll check it over. They haven't even gotten the parts for it yet and I dropped it off I believe 2 Fridays ago.

urbanski
04-19-07, 07:03 PM
Ramen is WAY better then macaroni and cheese for the price SoCal!

agreed, points