: Ocean Pkway towards Captree at 7:45 am

jnrandall
11-26-06, 07:55 PM
While driving out to meet my fellow V owners this morning, I noticed I was the only car on this stretch of parkway. I nervously stopped, parked and snapped this picture. :tisk: As I quickly jumped back in, I noticed the headlights of a couple of vehicles, about a mile back, quickly approaching. :eek:

It was truly a beautiful morning in Long Island! Great turnout at Captree. A small flock of V's, including mine, RonsV, SlvrVee. I heard WillsCTSV was there in his Z06 but I misssed him. Maybe next time.

http://www.jrandall.com/ctsv/ocean.jpg

Dennisscars
11-26-06, 09:06 PM
Nice pic..:thumbsup:

too bad you didn't get to take a picture of the two black marks you left when you left... :spin:

Ronsv
11-26-06, 09:34 PM
Hey Jessie, Photo looks awesome! Time for me to get one of those nice Cannon digital SLRís.:)

Good thing those 6 Lambos and Ferraris that blew past me at about 200 MPH on Ocean parkway were not bearing down on you when you shot that photo:eek:

Great day at Captree, had a blast:thumbsup:

ctsvflorida
11-26-06, 09:53 PM
If I knew you guys went to captree I would have went there over the summer. I was in LI all summer and my buddy now goes there in his GTO. I'll have him come over and say hi to you guys! Later

willsctsv
11-26-06, 10:03 PM
Yeah. I seen Slvrvee, It was nice to see him. I have'nt seen him since last year or more. Glad your doing well man..
The Z was there in full force. Funny so many Lambo's were there but I had so many interested in the Z. Everyone wanted to know about the mods Lingenfelter did to the car.

Great day, Great weather, Oh and I did put a hurtin on a Magazine featured, worked C6 from Kartek. This is what others told me that was there. He left before I could speak to him. Maybe he drove to a dealership to trade in for a Z.:lildevil:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/ViciousZ/Willyspics-15.jpg

willsctsv
11-26-06, 10:08 PM
More pics.
Anyone recognize these signatures?http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/ViciousZ/Willyspics-8.jpg

willsctsv
11-26-06, 10:11 PM
I know this is The "V" forum. Thanks for letting me post these. I know after being a member on this forum for 2 years that you guys would appreciate this, and not be pissed off. V community is the great company.

ctsvflorida
11-27-06, 05:21 PM
I just spoke to my buddy over there on LI and he said it was mad over there at Captree this weekend! He said there were so many cars there and he said hello to a couple of V owners. He is in a cammed 2005 Black GTO with no wing and no grill inserts, red interior. He's a great guy if any of you see him there. Later.

Tags63
12-02-06, 07:50 PM
Hey Guys!!

Wondering if anyone is going to Captree in the morning 12/3. Suppose to be sunny like today.

Paul

CIWS
12-02-06, 07:56 PM
I know this is The "V" forum. Thanks for letting me post these. I know after being a member on this forum for 2 years that you guys would appreciate this, and not be pissed off. V community is the great company.

Frack that I'm pissed !!!! (not)

That's a great car man, definately should be proud !

jnrandall - That is a nice snap you took, looks real good. :)

Ronsv
12-02-06, 08:15 PM
Hey Tags63, Iíll be heading down to captree tomorrow morning, taking my vette for a change, see you there. Hopefully a few of the other Captree regulars from the forum will be down tomorrow too:thumbsup:

jnrandall
12-02-06, 09:12 PM
I'll be there. I believe 1QUICKV will be there as well.

Thanks CIWS.

willsctsv
12-03-06, 12:21 PM
I missed it today guys. I knew it would be freezing by the water, so I took a solo trip upstate into the mountains to tackle some twisties. It wasn't any warmer but i stayed in the car as I carved up a few mountains.
Also had more than a few moments to stretch the beasts legs up the Palisades pkwy.

If next sunday is nice I'll be there....

JOEYCTS-V
12-03-06, 01:11 PM
I just spoke to my buddy over there on LI and he said it was mad over there at Captree this weekend! He said there were so many cars there and he said hello to a couple of V owners. He is in a cammed 2005 Black GTO with no wing and no grill inserts, red interior. He's a great guy if any of you see him there. Later.

Is your buddy Dave?

ctsvflorida
12-03-06, 04:35 PM
Is your buddy Dave?

No, his name is Kerry and he is a big scary looking guy, bald with tats but you'll like him! He is a nice guy and if you smoke...you'll love him, not in a gay way either! :) If it was really cold he wouldn't go prolly and he is also having clutch problems that will be fixed this week. His car is making enough power that his clutch can't handle it and that is with a cam only! Pretty impressive, I would say!

Anyway, once again, it is a black goat with factory chrome wheels (very few have factory chromes) and no tail, no grill inserts. Sounds incredible also, so it is hard to miss.

jnrandall
12-03-06, 05:08 PM
I missed it today guys. I knew it would be freezing by the water, so I took a solo trip upstate into the mountains to tackle some twisties. It wasn't any warmer but i stayed in the car as I carved up a few mountains.
Also had more than a few moments to stretch the beasts legs up the Palisades pkwy.

If next sunday is nice I'll be there....

Oh contraire! It was very nice today out there. There was a light breeze and the sun was STRONG. Although the temp was in the 40's, it felt like the 60's. Perhaps next week.

The diehards were there in small force today. RonsV drove the Vette instead of the V. SlvrVee and I had the V's out. All in all, another great day!

:bouncy:

JOEYCTS-V
12-03-06, 06:22 PM
No, his name is Kerry and he is a big scary looking guy, bald with tats but you'll like him! He is a nice guy and if you smoke...you'll love him, not in a gay way either! :) If it was really cold he wouldn't go prolly and he is also having clutch problems that will be fixed this week. His car is making enough power that his clutch can't handle it and that is with a cam only! Pretty impressive, I would say!

Anyway, once again, it is a black goat with factory chrome wheels (very few have factory chromes) and no tail, no grill inserts. Sounds incredible also, so it is hard to miss.

That's funny because my friend Dave has a black goat with a cam, with no tail, and no inserts.

ctsvflorida
12-03-06, 07:08 PM
That's funny because my friend Dave has a black goat with a cam, with no tail, and no inserts.

Factory chromes too?

JOEYCTS-V
12-03-06, 07:55 PM
no....

1QUICKV
12-04-06, 10:48 AM
i had never seen so many nice cars in one place ever before. The weather was not bad at all. And the drive alone out there was the best part. But i must say a CTS-V can't make the trip on a quarter tank of gas there and back on the strip =( a lot of speeding. Next time i go i have to full up, so i don't have to worry about running out of gas! Well worth it, but too early for mee. One Quick story of the day, on the way to the belt pkwy i ran into two vipers and no New Zo6 blue the one viper and the one Zo6 Were racing from a 20 mph start and a state trooper was behind them making sure it did'it get out of hand. Very nice cop.

atdeneve
12-05-06, 10:43 AM
Dude, you speak English?!? Why didn't you say so?!?

1QUICKV
12-05-06, 01:03 PM
Dude, you speak English?!? Why didn't you say so?!?
What do you mean? what are you talking about?

ctsvflorida
12-05-06, 02:27 PM
What do you mean? what are you talking about?

EXACTLY! He lost me and I gave up!

1QUICKV
12-05-06, 09:21 PM
who lost who?

ctsvflorida
12-06-06, 08:20 AM
who lost who?

I'm with you QUICK! Very confused on that post that you were confused about! That sounds confusing!

atdeneve
12-06-06, 08:23 AM
Wait, what? But, how?!!? When? Dude, what's going on? Uhhh? I think we're lost.

1QUICKV
12-06-06, 10:24 AM
if your all talking about my sunday at Captree Park, i think it does make some sense, you just have to read it slowly. =) And Thanks "ctsvflorida" For Agreeing on my behalf!

atdeneve
12-06-06, 11:02 AM
No, it makes perfect sense! That's what I'm sayin. No need to read it slowly either. Awesome. Simply awesome.

Though, I will miss reading some of your posts. You're like a different person. I already miss him. Just promise to toss in some jibber jabber every once in a while. Hell, I know I do.

1QUICKV
12-06-06, 02:42 PM
I now understand you! I was thinking that I was speaking jeber jaber to you. But yea the car show was cool. So I filled in the forth spot and the state trooper was the 5th car just trying to keep up. if i would of had a 75 shot,:bighead: i would of been able to stay with them. but they were'it going to far