: A few questions regarding the Cadillacowners.com window sticker...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-26-06, 04:38 PM
90Brougham350 gave me one of the Cadillacowners.com window stickers the other night, and I went to put it on, and I realized it won't work right. I peeled the backing off and I found out I can't apply it from inside the back window, I have to apply it to the outside of the window, which seems really wierd.:confused:

Is mine a defect sticker or is that really what you do? Does the text it's self peel from the backing? I'm confused... Could you all post pics of the stickers on your cars? It would be a HUGE help!

Thanks in advance,
Chad.

gothicaleigh
11-26-06, 06:50 PM
They are cut from the same vinyl used for automotive graphics. It's supposed to go on the outside (this way even those with tinted windows could use them, or anyone that wanted to apply it to the car itself, like on the trunklid, could).

The vinyl is rated for 8 years outdoors, so it should hold up longer than the lifespan of most cars.

gothicaleigh
11-26-06, 06:54 PM
Peel the waxy backing off and apply it where you want (the masking tape looking transfer paper on it's face will help hold everything in place).

Once positioned, apply pressure to get the adhesive to "grab" and then peel off the transfer paper (peel it parallel to the surface so you don't pull the decal up).

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-26-06, 08:49 PM
Oooooooooooook, thanks! I'll do it tomorrow, it's dark now. I'll take pics too.

dp102288
11-27-06, 10:27 AM
^^ Yes pics please!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-27-06, 02:22 PM
Tried to apply it today, found out that 39* weather is not ideal for applying decals. Part of it stuck and part of it peeled off, no matter how much heat or pressure we applied. We scraped off what stuck and threw it all away. I'm gonna redo it come spring.

gothicaleigh
11-27-06, 04:54 PM
Tried to apply it today, found out that 39* weather is not ideal for applying decals. Part of it stuck and part of it peeled off, no matter how much heat or pressure we applied. We scraped off what stuck and threw it all away. I'm gonna redo it come spring.

>.< Ouch. Sorry, I should have warned you about that. Vinyl is temperamental just like paint and works best in a controlled environment.

You have a PM. ;)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-27-06, 06:54 PM
I got the PM ;)