: Service Manuals

Roswell256
03-04-04, 10:36 AM
I found the following book on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1563924838/qid=1078414321/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2_3/002-8809325-8928063

IT says that it includes the 94 DeVille. This wouldn't work with my Concours, would it? The DeVille had the 4.9 and I have a 4.6L N*. Should I get someting that specificly mentions the '94 DeVille Concours? Any help would rock. Thanks

-Roswell-

RLLOVETT
03-04-04, 10:47 AM
Search for Helm Publishing and get the real deal. It will cost you $90 but worth every penny...you might also try ebay.

Lawrence
03-04-04, 10:55 AM
Don't buy that even if it is for your car, there worthless. Those Haynes manuals are incomplete and wrong. In fact in the Haynes manual there is no internal engine repair section for the NS. According to them it is too complicated and requires special tools to work on so, they recommend taking it to the dealer. BS! Same with the trans. There is a reason it is $15.00 and in my opinion not worth that.

Buy the factory manual. You can buy the set of 2 from www.helminc.com for about $90.00 plus $6.95 S&H, and worth it as you'll save every penney of that and more with the OEM manual. It also gives you all the misc stuff too like the RKE programming. EVERY item on the car is covered and explained.

Roswell256
03-04-04, 11:16 AM
Awsome. Thank you both. I'll end up getting a Helm manual when I get paid.

-Roswell-

dloch
03-04-04, 11:29 AM
Don't buy that even if it is for your car, there worthless. Those Haynes manuals are incomplete and wrong. In fact in the Haynes manual there is no internal engine repair section for the NS. According to them it is too complicated and requires special tools to work on so, they recommend taking it to the dealer. BS! Same with the trans. There is a reason it is $15.00 and in my opinion not worth that.

Buy the factory manual. You can buy the set of 2 from www.helminc.com (http://www.helminc.com/) for about $90.00 plus $6.95 S&H, and worth it as you'll save every penney of that and more with the OEM manual. It also gives you all the misc stuff too like the RKE programming. EVERY item on the car is covered and explained.
I agree, the only thing those manuals are good for is to start a fire. The guy I bought my car from had one that he gave me..... after looking at it I want to give it back. Some of the information is wrong and conflicting. Like alot of you on this forum I want, sometimes, very detailed information as well as pictures/diagrams to make sure I understand what I'm about to get into.

El Dobro
03-04-04, 08:01 PM
Check eBay for the factory manual too. I bought mine there for 1/3 the price.