: a little help from the A/V guys...

railven
11-26-06, 10:30 AM
My girlfriend keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and I finally got something in mind but I can't seem to find it on Best Buy's website.

I want an A/V switch with at least four inputs. I'd love it if it would take all types of input, with at least 2 HDMI but not required, so that I can clean up my wires behind the TV. My old switch isn't very good and it doesn't handle the high bandwidth of the component cables so I tossed it when we moved.

I'd love for a switch that can convert all audio feeds to digital audio via an SPDIF output.

I saw one at Best Buy that I'd love to read more about but searching using terms such as "a/v switch" or "audio and video switch" or "a/v selector" isn't helping me much.

I don't know her budget this year so just link me somewhere if you can and I'll try to find something I'd want cheap.

Thanks.

dp102288
11-27-06, 10:26 AM
Damn, long list...I can't find anything, but I will look when I actually go to some stores today.

railven
11-27-06, 11:07 AM
Seriously it seems there aren't many to choose from when it coems to local vendors.

I'm scanning www.avsforum.com they seem to have plenty of info on the hi-def entertainment.

Since I got my own living room now I really want to get this done right, and cheap!

So I've read how to make my own premium component/audio cables. The cost of the wire and connectors comes a bit cheaper then standard a/v cables sold at stores but when compared to the freaking good stuff, drooling at Monster, I got to save those pennies!

Anyways, I've seen three models by Pelican, mostly for gaming and read enough bad reviews to cross them out of my list, and a few by JVC/Panasonic/RCA/Radio Shack but none offered, or at least I couldn't find it, a conversion for all audio inputs to either digital optical/coax.

I hooked up our cable box to the surround sound directly, digital coax, since for some stupid reason my $1800 dollar LCD-TV that claims to support Dolby DTS/Pro Logic II doesn't output at anything but PCM which ISN'T DIGITAL!

GROWL.

If you find a link of some just give me that I'll do the research, thanks dps!

DopeStar 156
11-27-06, 11:08 AM
My girlfriend keeps asking me what I want for Christmas and I finally got something in mind but I can't seem to find it on Best Buy's website.

Best Buy doesn't sell hookers.......

railven
11-27-06, 11:12 AM
Yeah they do! You have to buy a 60" Plasma and order home installation but ask for "Package Double D."

If you buy a surround system with it you unlock "Package 2xDouble D."

Dadillac
11-27-06, 11:38 AM
Best Buy doesn't sell hookers.......

Especially ones with four inputs.

Don

xxpinballxx
11-27-06, 12:16 PM
If she does have four inputs theres a good chance she's missing an eyeball!

railven
11-27-06, 12:24 PM
What if she cups her hand would that increase her expansion by two more inputs?

OffThaHorseCEO
11-27-06, 12:51 PM
lol you guys are idiots

xxpinballxx
11-27-06, 01:12 PM
Thanks horse I take that as a compliment...LOL!
And no thats not considered an input.....

railven
11-27-06, 01:43 PM
Thanks horse I take that as a compliment...LOL!
And no thats not considered an input.....

Oh come on how do you figure?

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 12:51 AM
an input I take as being something thats a fixed slot or hole. not one that can be there one minute and gone the next.....

dp102288
11-28-06, 09:40 AM
My god you people are disgusting! Shame on all of you sick minded posters! :tisk:

:rofl: