: CTS-V and SRX wheels

rodman
11-25-06, 07:03 PM
Could anyone tell me if SRX wheels will fit my CTSV? The SRX wheels are 18x8 and the V wheels are 18x8.5. I'm told that the only problem might be caliper clearance to the back of the SRX wheel.

Sick03L
11-25-06, 07:13 PM
Could anyone tell me if SRX wheels will fit my CTSV? The SRX wheels are 18x8 and the V wheels are 18x8.5. I'm told that the only problem might be caliper clearance to the back of the SRX wheel.
No they will not fit for the reasons you described.

rodman
11-25-06, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. I could have made a big mistake on a nice set of SRX wheels for sale on ebay. Seemed like a good deal but not so much if they don't fit.

RED F1RE
09-24-14, 05:08 PM
I'm looking to do the same thing for my 2007 CTS-V, but could you explain the caliper clearance more? I don't see why the wheel being 8 inches wide vers 8.5 would make a difference as long as the diameter is sufficient. Does the inside of the wheel taper in towards the back....? Cause I know the CTS-V calipers are obviously deeper than the SRX. Both have bolt patterns of 6x115mm. Thanks!

AAIIIC
09-24-14, 10:37 PM
There is not enough clearance to the backs of the spokes. Opposed piston calipers require significantly more clearance than sliding calipers. The SRX wheels are not designed to clear opposed piston calipers.

BigDaddy-V
09-25-14, 08:58 AM
would it not work if there was a small wheel spacer in there to clear the distance of the caliper? Just wondering. Math isn't my strong suit but it seems like if you push it out just a little that it would clear.

BDV